A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

Old May 8 2007, 07:23 PM   #1
Terri S.
Inactive

Fan of: All the Weyrs of Pern
Now Reading: Chronicles of Amber
Default Moving Forward: Pern Movie Suggestions

It seems ridiculous to think that little progress has been made on making the PERN novels into a superior film similar to Lord of the Rings. I have been following the ups and downs of the concepts for years. What is needed is a bright, young, eager, dedicated director/producer who is already a fan. How hard can it be to locate such? Place ads. Let them come to Anne. What prompted Peter Jackson? Passion for the novels and dedicated, stubborn fans.

I have 20 years in sales training, marketing and PR. I will provide these skills pro-bono to help see Anne's vision for the movie fulfilled. I'm sure there are many who would donate time to make calls, do research, start blogs, utilize their skills to make it happen. If a no-name producer/director in a undiscovered country could pull off LOTR, we can too. Anne, we are with you. Let us help!

Terri S.

Last edited by Terri S.; May 10 2007 at 10:24 PM.
Terri S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2007, 10:40 PM   #2
GHarris

Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern
Default Re: Moving Forward: Pern Movie Suggestions

If you're really that interested, then you should contact Copperheart Entertainment has they have the movie rights to the books.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/..._id=1002575496

http://www.copperheart.ca/

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2007, 03:01 AM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

As GHarris said, the rights are sold and Anne is confident that, after a few blowups, the people at Copperheart can and will do a good job and, what's most important to her, won't "murder" Pern
Plus Anne has final say over the scenario to insure that

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Brenda

Check out the Pern Movies section of AMCF!
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2007, 10:25 PM   #5
Terri S.
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHarris View Post
If you're really that interested, then you should contact Copperheart Entertainment has they have the movie rights to the books.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/..._id=1002575496

http://www.copperheart.ca/

GH
Thanks for the reply. The Copperheart deal is known but I have no idea as to a contact person. Does anyone know who the liaison is on this deal?
Old May 9 2007, 10:33 PM   #6
Terri S.
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
As GHarris said, the rights are sold and Anne is confident that, after a few blowups, the people at Copperheart can and will do a good job and, what's most important to her, won't "murder" Pern
Plus Anne has final say over the scenario to insure that
Sounds like a good contract. I'm still offering to assist. Spreading the buzz can only help. A band I had managed wound up on MTV and sold over 15,000 CDs without a recording contract (they were offered 3 and turned them down.) If anyone else has a idea on where to place all of this positive energy for the project, please let me know. I've been waiting 20 years for this!
Old May 10 2007, 03:12 AM   #7
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Terri, you can either phone, fax or email Copperheart (remember they ar Canada based). The boss there is Steve Hoban.

Phone: 416 516 4950
Fax: 416 516 1712

email: info @ copperheart.ca

(without the spaces in front and after the @; not a good idea, terri, to leave a email address in a post...)

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2007, 10:27 PM   #8
Terri S.
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Terri, you can either phone, fax or email Copperheart (remember they ar Canada based). The boss there is Steve Hoban.

Phone: 416 516 4950
Fax: 416 516 1712

email: info @ copperheart.ca

(without the spaces in front and after the @; not a good idea, terri, to leave a email address in a post...)
Hans, Thank you for the information (and for apprising me of the local protocol).
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old May 14 2007, 01:03 AM   #9
GrassNinja
Inactive

Fan of: PTB series
Now Reading: A Song Of Ice and Fire

I have only the best of wishes for this newest deal, but I feel our best bet would have been Ronald D. Moore. I like his work. He sounded dedicated to the story, not just the project. And, this is what I like best, when WB came back with a ton of changed to turn it into another silly WB show, he shut it down. Now that he is with Sci-Fi, wow, I could only dream of this getting back into his hands. Yeah, sure the movie would be cool, but an on-going TV series? that would really rock.

Just my opinion. Shure would be cool. And who knows, he sounded pretty dedicated to it. Maybe if a movie happens, he can run with the TV series option afterwards.

anyone else a BSG fan? lol

GrassNinja
GrassNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8 2009, 08:57 PM   #10
T'mynn
Inactive

Fan of: All books
Now Reading: Chronicles of Pern

I am Grass ninja.
If the Pern movie needs cast, I'm willing to jump in. I can supply my own costume as a hold citizen,dragon rider, or anything else. My costume would actually fit and be comfortable.:-P
T'mynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8 2009, 09:42 PM   #11
ghost8772

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'mynn View Post
I am Grass ninja.
If the Pern movie needs cast, I'm willing to jump in. I can supply my own costume as a hold citizen,dragon rider, or anything else. My costume would actually fit and be comfortable.:-P
which considering the world, and cynicism in general means it would be completely unacceptable. and what THEY feel is well just and moot.... puts you in mind of an iron maiden...... spray painted fluorescent pink.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8 2009, 09:58 PM   #12
Danel
Inactive

Fan of: Harperhall Trilogy
Now Reading: The Crown by Deborah Chester

My suggestions would be in the realm of sound tracks.

Lessa's Impression - Blackmore's Night, Rainbow Eyes (its a song that might have been inspired by Pern Gold Dragons! And Cool!)
Ballad of Moretta's ride - Within Temptation, Visions of Atlantis, or Nightwish
Thread Fighting Soundtrack 1 - A reworded version of Magnum's, Soldier of the Line
Fax's attack on Ruatha soundtrack - Something really slow and ominous
Music following C'gans death scene - Hammerfall's, Glory to the Brave (a ballad)
Thread Fighting Soundtrack 2 - The Dragonriders theme song in Dragonflight, sung by Robintons actor.
Lessa's 400 turn flight, F'lars Discovery of it - Avantasia's, Carry Me Over

The Rest of the Sound track would be some of the Pernesse music already put out, but perhaps with various notable performers.
Danel is offline   Reply With Quote