A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Talent: Pegasus, Tower & Hive, and Barque Cats

Old Apr 25 2021, 05:04 PM   #1
Reverse Airwolf
Muskie

Fan of: Tower And Hive Series
Now Reading: Operator's manual for the new TV.
Klah If it were possible... Continuing The Story

If it were possible to pick up the Talent saga again and continue it ala Pern, where would you pick it up? Post tower-and-hive? Sometime in the era between To Ride and In Flight? Post Pegasus series but before Rowan?

There's a lot to be explored in this setting, my regret is Anne passed on before that could happen. I always had hoped she would bring in another author like she did with the Ship series, but like I said she was gone before it could happen.

So how about it? If the option presented itself where should the story pick up from?
Reverse Airwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2021, 06:41 AM   #2
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Pronouns: He/him
Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly
Default Re: If it were possible... Continuing The Story

I've got a fanfic roughed out where, before he finally shuts down, Aivas sends a message back to Central Worlds reporting that the colony is functioning well. This prompts the bosses to send the Zaid-Dyan with Lunzie and Sassinak to investigate. They also want to send somebody from the Heptite Guild so guess who? Killashandra ferried by Helve and Parolen.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote