A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Old Aug 28 2021, 05:24 PM   #81
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Fan of: No One Noticed The Cat
Default Re: What is Happening, part II

Mawra, if Cheryl is still looking for a home for her Pocket Dragons I will gladly cede them over to you (if that is alright with Cheryl) as I know you love dragons as much as I do and I already have a couple of the charming little creatures. Plus, there is the potential for me to purchase one or more from Allen, no rush though.

I have a couple of FB friends that live in New Orleans. One has already evacuated, I'm not sure about the other. Terrible storm!
Priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28 2021, 06:00 PM   #82
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Pronouns: SheShe
Fan of: PShPern BB, Tia., and Oth
Now Reading: MHOP, Books Jerry Apps, Too Many to Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
Mawra, if Cheryl is still looking for a home for her Pocket Dragons I will gladly cede them over to you (if that is alright with Cheryl) as I know you love dragons as much as I do and I already have a couple of the charming little creatures. Plus, there is the potential for me to purchase one or more from Allen, no rush though.

I have a couple of FB friends that live in New Orleans. One has already evacuated, I'm not sure about the other. Terrible storm!
Via FB is how I also know about tthings too, right now I am still learning how to get around via keystroke for I can't seem to get them to download to a file that I can read with mymy text to speach softeweare for It is going to take me longer toto learn and recall how to do it, just like how I am stumbling a round here. I am waiting on my appointment with my new teacher for I didn't get much time to work with the last one, when we could work.., my ssight wehnt just as hhe had to retired from working I don;t blame him from before I knew both the old one was when JAWSS ewas just getting going and I only know the other one as a adviser to a Club tthat I was a member of, I do recall n\ him taking notes with his braillewriter for like a manule typewriter its about as loud, . My fingers can';t read it so good, only ifif I try very hard I can do it. Sorry I might be getting a tad off topic, but I am thinking of someone else who last time I knew he was in ttthat area he helped to run the computer lab when I was at school, for a time, he like I had low vision, and I thinkhis vision is gone, he was a llot liOur Master StarSmith so I realy connected with him, For who I was ththinking of was near-sighted too.my own problems are with the back of my eyes, and glacoma too. I think that I would have not lived on Pern, maybe during the early years but not later on. Just what I amthinking, here. at the moment. Stay Safe aEveryone both those who are on this bb and outside it. 'Zen Hugs; to all via Ships tThat SSeachered
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28 2021, 06:11 PM   #83
Mausey

We've finally been getting rain but sadly it's too late to save the crops and hay. Feed prices are through the roof and a lot of ranchers are selling off entire herds. A year like this is really hard on the younger families trying to get into farm and ranching. Some of the older ones are in tears watching 20 or more years of work building up herds being auctioned off for less than half their worth. What is really bad is that low price is not being passed along to the consumer so beef and pork prices are high.
Old Aug 29 2021, 08:38 AM   #84
Zelandeth

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: Working my way through the whole Pern series

I should *finally* be getting my second vaccine shot at the end of this coming week. The NHS system really couldn't have made it harder to get the blasted thing if it had tried. Especially having randomly cancelled two appointments.

There are several walk in clinics around here, but most of them only offer one type of the vaccine and don't state which one it is clearly anywhere. After no small amount of searching I eventually established that none of them within a couple of hours of here (unless I wanted to travel into central London...how about NO) offer the Moderna one which is what my first one was.

All of the mask requirements etc have been dropped here as of about a month ago. A handful of stores are still requesting patrons wear masks...but the numbers actually doing so are tiny. Really does feel that the vast, vast majority of folks here have just gone back to life as normal.

Picked up our groceries for the week yesterday and in the supermarket I saw maybe ten people masked up the whole time I was in there. It really does just feel that nobody is taking this vaguely seriously any more. It is immensely frustrating.

The majority seem totally unaware that just because they've had the vaccine doesn't mean they're invincible. They can still get it, and can absolutely still spread it...all the vaccine does is seriously reduce the odds of you being hospitalised and developing major problems because of it. That's a message that nobody seems to have put any effort whatsoever into getting across here.
Zelandeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31 2021, 01:50 AM   #85
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

Liberty had 159 cases on the 25th. Their "quarantine didn't start until today's. Where they are putting sick student can hold 209 people, it is full. I HATE Liberty University.
They are still having outside activities, & church services will be in the stadium. They are encouraged to wearasks & get vaccinated, but not required to.

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2 2021, 09:01 AM   #86
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

We wear masks when we are in stores, use sanitizer and wash our hands. We'll be getting an "over 65" flu shot soon and a Covid booster when it becomes available. At this point I am exhausted from being angry at all the anti-mask and anti-vaccine misinformation. It is all political and people are dying because of it.

We had 6 inches of rain in 24 hours, remnants of hurricane Ida. Very little wind, thankfully. Poor Louisiana, Mississippi, etc.
Old Sep 2 2021, 08:53 PM   #87
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

I shall read ttherest of the posts in the thread, I was reading something that was near to novealet or ssome what near that a AU,, between that and my busy week, I haven';t droped by to say hi.

I have shared this site, and Han's site, and Anne's workds mostly the Ship that DSang for my contact iis looking for a new sciencSF/F to read so I gave him the list of tthat group. He works in the ffield of O/M and helps ccornate seservices, for those who are blind or have low vvision, from my area of the state, I shared some of the stuff I pick up via the s sister sight and Dratgonsong the Musical, his mname is Jef, Heand a few others got a bang, out of my package from NKT from the Land Down Under, the story too, I also have mmet some one else, that might like her work, I shall show hher more next Fri. of next week, the Week after I am getting the help with my computer and other stuff. PS thanks to Jef I can get a copy of the owners maneal for our phones. he is willing to print two copies so both mymy dad and I have one. If I am a tad jiddy I told Dad WrWed,. afternoon, and he is going for more testing with his haeart on Fri. I pray this is going OK for him, now tthat he can can see betterhis eyes are seeing better,,

I am sorry my answers are all over this post, I am trying to get my thoughts together, my new staff has kin in my hhome area, and they are going to my old hi h schhol,. I aalso hehear some bad news near were a former staff works, so I am a tad worried, nothing I can do but pppray ffor tthem to be safe.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 3 2021, 08:05 AM   #88
Zelandeth

I can definitely vouch for the fact that it's the second dose of the Moderna vaccine that hits hardest. At least it has for me.

First one left me feeling run down and like I wanted to do nothing but sleep for a couple of week, but aside from feeling like I'd been punched hard on the arm where the injection had been didn't get any real side effects you could really point at.

Had the second one at 1220 yesterday and now have a truly aggressive headache and definitely seem to be getting flu-like muscular aches. Have been hobbling around the house this morning repeatedly making strange squeaking noises when I forget and try to move too fast. Just leant down to pet the dog and immediately realised that was a mistake!

Fingers crossed this clears pretty quickly. Not holding my breath though. I always seem to have a rough time with vaccines, the annual flu one usually takes me pretty much out of action for about a week.

Last edited by Zelandeth; Sep 3 2021 at 08:58 AM. Reason: correcting autocorrect...
Old Sep 3 2021, 08:18 AM   #89
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

My daughter and her boyfriend both had the Moderna. He had very little reaction. She was in bed for about a day with the second dose, sick like you, but it went away quickly, mostly by the second day. I hope the same for you!
Old Sep 3 2021, 09:42 AM   #90
vyon

Fan of: Harper Hall

I've had my first dose of Pfizer - it gave me a very sore arm, but so did this year's flu vaccine. I have to have it in my right arm, there's too much scarring from a failed BCG (TB) vaccine in my left arm. That can be a nuisance sometimes, especially when it's sore afterwards. Second round is in three weeks time.
Meanwhile we're in level three lockdown, which is hard lockdown with takeaways. It was a lovely sunny early spring day so I walked across town to do my regular (and overdue) blood test. The place was shut. It was open right through lockdown last year. I'll have to go to a different one next week, unless we go down a level of lockdown on Monday. That's not very likely when we had some covid-positive nitwit anti-vaxxer climbing over the fence of one of our managed isolation facilities at one in the morning and walking home "to prove he wasn't sick." Meanwhile, even with hard lockdown one case of Delta on August 17th, when we went into lockdown has become 764, all traced back to the same case, which makes me wonder how many cases there would have been if we hadn't been in lockdown and isolating positive cases.
vyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5 2021, 02:38 PM   #91
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

I got Johnson & Johnson, sire arm tired for a couple of days. Kibby, not sure what she got, slept for 2 days & felt sick for a day. Third day tired but able to function.
We've gone back to wearing masks.
Liberty University on Wednesday had 488 active cases. Ten times more than any other college, public school systems or universities in the area. Mask and vaccines encouraged.

Old Sep 6 2021, 01:26 PM   #92
Allen

Fan of: The Pern Series
Now Reading: Robin Hobb's Shaman's Crossing

Since this all began, no masks (doctor's orders due to pre-existing conditions), no illness (well, I'm having another problem with kidney stones again), no vaccinations, and we have travelled from our home to Branson, Springfield, Jonesburg, St. Louis, Missouri (numerous times) Anderson/Kokomo/Indianapolis Indiana area, Rock Springs, Wyoming, and on and on, pretty much wherever and whenever we wanted after the nation-wide shutdown was lifted. We've worn clear face shields in lieu of masks when we've absolutely been forced to, and masks in the VA hospital in Columbia when I had to go there for my Oncologist appointments... If they want to make us wear masks in violation of our doctor's instructions (A.M.A., against medical advice), hey, they're a hospital, so when we collapse from following their orders, they can take care of us.

We're doing quite well, thank you. Sorry for everyone's illnesses. Hope you all get better.
Old Sep 6 2021, 01:55 PM   #93
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

I'm glad to hear you have done so well and I hope you continue.
Old Sep 6 2021, 06:10 PM   #94
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Zen Hugs, Allen and all. SStay Safe.Myself I am waiting on my dad's to see how things are going with him, hi the the dust and pollon is not making it any better, n. He can see better and I have found someone to get us copyies of owners guguide.printed out for us. I have internet but my finding a link is still h is not there yet, so we are happy about that.

In two weeks I am working with someone I knew froNTC when I was going to school, he understand s adaptequiptement nt ted undeted lge and understand JJAWS and a new ability that I don't know, called Sharky. I am hopeful that I wont't be stumbling so much or having to re post my post twice, for thisgets irritatingrking to say the more later
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 7 2021, 07:01 PM   #95
Mausey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawra View Post
Just curious....are other countries being told, by non-medical people to take livestock deworming meds for Covid?
Do you mean the "I'm not putting that poison they call a vaccine in my body" group? Yup, won't take a jab but will use the deworming meds for animals. Sadly we do have them here as well. People who have read all the info and make an informed decision not to get the jab I understand. But the ones who are getting medical advice from the plumber ... *shakes head*

Our numbers are really climbing and all show the same thing, the vast majority in ICU are unvaccinated, the vast majority in hospital are unvaccinated. The ones who have the jab and get sick are home with mild symptoms. Several hospitals have had to cancel or postpone non-essential medical procedures as they are filled with covid people. So because of the unvaccinated we now have to wear masks in all public spaces and many also require proof of vaccination. Our rodeo (indoors) which was to go the 24th and 25th has been moved to an outdoor location about 30 minutes drive. We may have to cancel our bi-annual Hospital Auxiliary Rummage sale, again. This will be the 4th one we've had to cancel because of covid.
Old Sep 7 2021, 09:21 PM   #96
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Mausey, our daughter's boyfriend's dad was a "no mask, no vaccine" person. Ended up in the hospital for 2 months - on a ventilator, twice; and rehab for 6 weeks. He also gave the virus to about 6 people (not our daughter or Mike, THEY both got the vaccine). It's a sad mess for sure!
Old Sep 8 2021, 08:08 AM   #97
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Pronouns: He/him
Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

I've found that finding I've gone out without a mask (or two) is about as traumatic as finding I've forgotten my trousers!

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9 2021, 05:09 PM   #98
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

I might be a tad more busy with my possable traning or re-traning on a few adatbtive tools, and programs, I am also working on understanding how get a abit better, on AO3 which is on my siggie. I am looking over a few ideas thaare my own dwddddddddwork, but I haven't wr written only a few bits here and and there, been doing some hard thinking, and I am also listening to more audio then before,, working with new staff. also, And I have a few projects that I had sitting on the back burrner now I might ffind someone to help me ffinsh it. Ready to show my other non Am c group that i am a member of,.

Stay safe everyone Zen Hugsfrom I, Unsure if I am going to be up to posting much over
might be more dranging for me then I know.this next weeken, for 9-11 20

Andaverstary
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 9 2021, 08:27 PM   #99
Dragon Fan

Fan of: The Smallest Dragonboy

I have had Covid, I was quarantined for 2 weeks, and found out, it is very hard for me to stay off work and rest when it is not my choice. and after being told to wait at least 2 to 3 months, I got both of the Moderna shots. I will say that the first shot was worse than my actual covid infection. No energy, headaches, fever, slight injection point pain. The second shot gave me no symptoms at all, not even a sniffle.
Old Sep 9 2021, 08:59 PM   #100
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Kibby works very close, lass than a mile, from Liberty and they have been very slow. Her pay check is going to be bad, sent home early every day.

Old Sep 11 2021, 01:53 AM   #101
Mausey

Numbers and stupidity are still going up.

We did a bit of travelling and saw my parents. They are both in their late 80"s and both accuse the other of "loosing it" They are both hard of hearing but refuse to admit it. Mom talks so softly I can hardly hear her so dad asks her to repeat things and she gets cranky because he's deaf. Meanwhile he can stand right behind her, call her name several times and she doesn't hear a thing, and if she does, she tells him he's mumbling. But they're both in pretty good health and in their own house so we just laugh and hope we have them for a few more years.
Old Sep 11 2021, 02:43 AM   #102
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Sounds like my dad and my grandmother, she could 'see' better then she could hehear, but she started to fall and the last one was so bad that my dad had to put her in a nnursing home, she also was fighting breast cancer, she was in her 90' had three husbands, long story short dad married hehher to help keep her money safe from her kin that would 'rob her blind, leaver with just to live on and take the rest and I don't know maybe go back toAZ for the winnter?. My dad, mom,, herbrother, and heshe agreed to take care of each other if someone when first tthe other would take ccare of the other in the group, verbal shake hand like in Ken Berns Mayo ClClinic, but it wwork, my former boyfriend and I were wintness to that. Even before that Dad had him with me when my mon past in, so weand we were their when her brother passe shortly after she did, so we helped by being wintnesses to that, I miss her, her brother, and mom, and all those whwho passed 220 years ago, I am sorry for the rambling here, but its the only way I can type it with out ccrying, I just watch something for it on ABC tonitnight, and I recall I didn't hear about it till I got home fr from home from work, I have all of the old CVCR ttapes in boxes here, most with lots of information but can't get to it with out sighted help, I still have a VCR player with a DVD Player but my TB is not easy to get to swich to it anymore. I am thinking of one about how they turned some of the steel into a part of a ship in the navy, which makes me thithink of hher step-son who was in the cCoast Gauard and also worked with the Navay too, and his whife was my dad';s only sister, they are both gone, but I think of them, he worked maintenances and had early-onset Altimzzand on one of his clearer days wish he had his tool tos to help us cclean up better, at wwhere we were working, which is also making me think of all the folks that helped after the events. I am going to leave it there for now, I hope you folks can understand how I am ffeeling, PS the Son passed away a few years ago, right after my dad's brother who also served in the AirForce like my mom'sbrother , dad's was Korea -served in the UK, and mon's brbrother was a medic in the same one that EAnn served, my fingers are starting to not respond so good, fighting a nin -migraine aa andmeeting the new staff, and I am getting to tired to spell good, I hope you folks well un understand my post, if not let me know and aI shal try better, when I am feeling better.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 11 2021, 09:01 AM   #103
vyon

Fan of: Harper Hall

Ginny, five of the metal beams from 9-11 ended up here in Christchurch, New Zealand. They were made into a sculpture to commemorate all the firefighters that lost their lives, and all firefighters worldwide. http://www.memorialmapping.com/memor...hters-memorial

There is also a survivor tree in Christchurch in memory of 51 people who were shot by an Alt-right terrorist in 2020.
vyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11 2021, 03:43 PM   #104
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyon View Post
Ginny, five of the metal beams from 9-11 ended up here in Christchurch, New Zealand. They were made into a sculpture to commemorate all the firefighters that lost their lives, and all firefighters worldwide. http://www.memorialmapping.com/memor...hters-memorial

There is also a survivor tree in Christchurch in memory of 51 people who were shot by an Alt-right terrorist in 2020.

Thanks for understanding and sharing, we have a few here in my own home state of WI that I have heard over the last week, when I posted I was getting to tired to think after a very long day, that didn't go quite like we werethinking, but I did find one more person who is both color blind and is looking for new stuff to read, even if she can't find the time to read, I am gladthat listening t to Anne's and hher co-writers is now around, I was sharing some of those other books with her yesterday, and my memory isn't to bad to tell someone else image discription, which is something I am working as a vollenteer to bring it to others, One of a small town and big town fire and others havfe made the trip to New York to get steel to make things like you have, One drove 17 hr. to get the it, and one who was is the cheif whent a week after the event to help the NYPD when he was still jjust a officer,, from what I understand their is stuff like this in all 50 states hhere in the US. and Like in New Zeeland and around the world! rIGHT NOW MY MIND IS A BIT BETTER IN THE THINKING BUT, THAT TOOK A BIT TO GET GOING, LISTING TO SOME MUSIC WITH ME, SHE WHO WON'T BE NAMED.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 11 2021, 04:00 PM   #105
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawra View Post
Kibby works very close, lass than a mile, from Liberty and they have been very slow. Her pay check is going to be bad, sent home early every day.

zEN hUGS, FROM i wE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS HERE, RIGHT NOW THEY ARE HAVEINGdINING ON THE sQUARE FOR THE LAST TIME FOR THE SEASON, PART OF tHEMED DOWN TOWNL, STARTING THE NEW SEASON WITHbIRD IN aRT, WHICH TRAVELS AROUNDE THE usa, AFTER IT GETS DONE HERE, i DON'T KNOW IF WE ARE GOING TO HAVE aRT bEYOOND sIGHT OR NOT, :o SORRY MY SPELLING IS A TAD OFF, i AM DOING SOME THINKING IN THE BACK OF MY MIND, AND ITS NOT EASY FOR i TO TO MORE THEN ONE THING AT A TIME WITHjaws AND A IDEA THAT IS BUBLLING IN THE BACK OF MY MIND., i AM TRYING TO READ THE BACKLLOG OF MESSAGES AND TRYING TO E WORK ON A IDEA THAT WON'TLEAVE ME ALONG, SOMETIME AT THE WORST TIMES, MORE LLATER.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 15 2021, 08:47 PM   #106
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

We are thinking about getting flu shots in the next few weeks (over 65 for both of us). IF it is decided to offer a third Covid dose (I prefer that to calling it a "booster") we will also schedule that. We rarely go anywhere and when we go in a store, on goes the mask. Part of taking extra care is not to cause worry for our kids. They are also being careful. As 11 September came and went I can remember at the time thinking perhaps as a country we would never bounce back. But we are resilient and I believe we will get more control of this, though "feet draggers" are not helping.
Old Sep 15 2021, 09:15 PM   #107
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

I agree, I am in tail en of the 40' age group, but I do havemild health problem, but my dad who is in the over 65 group he has d heart problem, and is diebetic also, his one brother has has his heart work opening tthe vessels around it and replace the dorr between on, the same thing that dad needs to have done, but its not as bad. So I also wory, I have a few friends bboth younger and older then I with medical problems too,.

SO I am keeping an ear open, if they wantede us to get a third one then I am going for it.

As for the Flu, sshot, I am going for it too, I am one of those that as I said above, and I recalled my dad fighting at home with the flu, for week and that was when I was yyounger,. Stay Safe all, I am also worried just a bit with the bad weather near Houston for Ihave kin in that area dan't greatt nease lives just out side of there, and I have kin and friends family rnorth west of there in D Dallas area. If I recall right we also have a co- and others in the ararea.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 15 2021, 09:18 PM   #108
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mausey View Post
Numbers and stupidity are still going up.

We did a bit of travelling and saw my parents. They are both in their late 80"s and both accuse the other of "loosing it" They are both hard of hearing but refuse to admit it. Mom talks so softly I can hardly hear her so dad asks her to repeat things and she gets cranky because he's deaf. Meanwhile he can stand right behind her, call her name several times and she doesn't hear a thing, and if she does, she tells him he's mumbling. But they're both in pretty good health and in their own house so we just laugh and hope we have them for a few more years.
Sounds like a typical older couple.
Hubby & I celebrated our 28 wedding anniversary. Did really do anything.

Old Sep 15 2021, 09:20 PM   #109
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Gunny, don't worry about spelling. I can read it no problems.

Old Sep 15 2021, 10:42 PM   #110
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

nd time-kkeeper on, but we had our round screen in house, wrapped in a tarp so we keep dry, and we had lleft space for aair to fflow and used the Colemen two burner stove when the rain wads to bad, for light we used the Colmen Lanter. we ah had dug out a trench around the ccamp te tent, and the screen ihouse, so the water would drain away, we had our tent tarped and weight dwon. When we left, we made sure to fill in the area we dug out, so the water that would run away from our snug teant, from the hil and campsight above uus, which our g one set of grand pairents used for that week, till their noral spot open in local town run part camping site iwith eletric and water, ands other thing that RV need. and a Bat bbathouse too. all at Rib Lake.

Boy what a trip down memory lain, somewhere I think I posted my Campfire +CoCoffee story here , NKT, and PF when it those two wrewere around, I am wanted to find it, I still am stumbling yet, two more days FFri. afternoon my time, I am getting some aid, 'which is about time' I have only had a nibble and one thing is not set up yet,, so I might be here or my person who is helping me out, as we fine toon it,. For it would be nice, 'JAWS--"Here Sharky, help !out@" I hope you get my p my little bit here. I don't know if its going to work never tried it before,, but I hope it well.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 17 2021, 08:15 PM   #111
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

About once a week I make an attempt to reach the KT. It looks like it may be gone for good. Many memories. Made some life long friends and learned some valuable lessons. Onward!
Old Sep 17 2021, 09:52 PM   #112
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

I don't know but if that is t know but, really sad, I also found out that a teacher/trainer for orientation and mobility had retired, in Aug. I had a funny feeling now, I knowwhy. She helped me get use to getting around a few different places, when I still had some sight, helped AL her computer person, who also now retired, but she is still helping the sschoo program yet,., she well bbe done when that contract is done.

She was at my tech school, the advisor along with the ge the one who I re-met today, been a lo and he and I are going to work on helping me undersJAWS and Win. 1ng time,10 , and other stuff, He also can help me with a new player/recorder,/notetaker for I work better in audio,, then writte, part of my disibilities, and more. He is understanding so is his daughter we chatted, who show ed me something that might make things easier to hang on to. We also madtalked about a few other things, Took him a bit to understand my extra stuff on my keyboard, so I can feel the keys in the right orders, I still driff, but at the moment, its getting a bit better, I don't know if I am going to bdropping by as much, depending on my new work load, as soon as I can I shal let you know folks,

I know you are behind me, haven't show/tell outside of the audio books, 'irking not to have them outside of my home'' But once I get set up, He was telling me of a phone, cell, might work, I don't know, and going to see if we can get mmore hours, I still feel like somewhat like a few of Anne' other folks, at the moment.

More later.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 18 2021, 03:20 PM   #113
Mausey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
About once a week I make an attempt to reach the KT. It looks like it may be gone for good. Many memories. Made some life long friends and learned some valuable lessons. Onward!
I've tried to get Simon on fb a couple times and no luck. I did get an email but it came with an attached warning about a possible virus. There may have only been 5 or 6 regular posters but for a couple that's the only place I saw them.

Indoor rodeo, moved outside, rummage sale cancelled for the 4th time. I'm not sure about a cousins' memorial service at the end of Oct. As it's almost 3 hours drive time, I may send regrets and leave room for somebody closer.
Old Sep 18 2021, 04:59 PM   #114
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Zen Hugs, from I for your los, if you wish to use my pome Pain, when you feel the time is right go a head, I think I posted it here, NKT, an PF, Right now I am at only half power, didn't get to sleep till early in my morning, too much to go over, meeting sssomeone from my past, who I haven't seen in over a decade, finding out that someone is retiring, after the school contract is done, and they have a replacement I hope, they had problems holding on to someone who cfcan handle those with a vision problems ateacher, I recall that is when I still had my connection to here and the rest,.

On the plus side I did try to edit my Campfire Coffee story, if you folks want to read it, use the tag Coffee , and Real Life, and I used a bit from Pern's Klah as a example which it didn't get quite as bitter, just strong, LOL, I started to have problems running my editing so I stop, but I need to go bback and add on a few points that I took out tempary to ffix the way I recalled it,, I need to work on my Bio. infomation I don't have all my links bookmarks yet, I need more traning or reviewing, as soon as the paper work get s done. Also had a few things running in the back of my mind, and a min migraine isn't helping out. I do have a off site copy but, I well have to get back to you with it, still sorting out what I have left from my old PC to this one. All I ask is you give credit to me, iit took me a very long time to write, it plus a lot of currage to share it out, I am a shy writer, or aon problems
handling the reaction from folks, which might not show up in my written answers. 'shrug shoulders' here. When I know what I want to say just can;t spell out
what that is. motail
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 21 2021, 04:17 PM   #115
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

I tried to break up my post but still having problems: so here we go
right now I am still mentally ffizz ed out, a former sttaff member has returned, I hope things will work out, with finding good supportstaff, for home helth / indpendent living care that they run, folks, are not stayying in the field and its hard to find folks willing to work, now that the baby boomers are retiring, and the younger generations are having to pick up the sss the load, I am sad to miss the staff, I have been with them for a long time, the payee part is different from the support care.

IIts even harder when yyou are worried that you can't explain your idea to someone new, your needs, or you are not sure what way to go. I had a few ideas but right now my anxiety won't let me even type them up. Even if I read something thatsounds good, I am going down the same rocky ttrail, that is hard to break.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 24 2021, 02:01 AM   #116
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Kibby is sick, headache, coughing, very tired. She got tested for Covid, hopefully we'll get the results tomorrow.
I'm not super worried, she is fully vaccinated.

Ublame Liberty University. Over 1,200 cases since August 23. Several students work at Olive Garden, they have been vaccinated. Work is the only place she goes, mostly. When we go to Walmart we mask. But the Walmart we go to is next to her work & is where all the Liberty students go. Last weekend was parents weekend, all of them, seemed like, were at Walmart, not a single mask to be seen. Just a ton of Liberty shirts, on parent & students.

Old Sep 24 2021, 07:17 AM   #117
Zelandeth

Feeling really burned out emotionally and mentally right now.

Everyone around us it feels like has just gone back to life as normal. A week or two back was the first time I'd been out to get the week's groceries in a big supermarket and made the entire trip without seeing a single other person wearing a mask.

Have been heckled by folks when out twice now for wearing a mask.

Had a run in with the police last week when someone decided I was "following them" while walking the dogs. First I knew of it was when I was jumped by a group of six (heavily armed) police. I eventually got them to understand that I didn't have the foggiest idea what nonsense they were on about, but it took a good half hour.

Just so sick of living here.
Old Sep 24 2021, 08:09 AM   #118
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Oh dear, mawra and Zelandeth. I hope Kibby does not have the virus. It can happen even if you are vaccinated, just generally not nearly as bad. Zelandeth, I am really sad to hear that. I keep hoping that other countries are far more logical than us and I think they mostly are. Then I read of an experience like yours and it gets me really steamed. Unacceptable, completely. I am so sorry! Did you get any sort of explanation or apology from the police? And, were any of them wearing masks?!

We wear our masks in stores and I have to say that at least 50% of the people I see in the store are wearing them, could be more. We are over 65 and are scheduled for a third dose of vaccine the end of this month. Will still wear masks.
Old Sep 24 2021, 10:08 AM   #119
Zelandeth

It seems that the overall majority here are totally oblivious...or simply don't care...that just because you've been vaccinated doesn't make you any less capable of spreading it, all it means is that your own immune system knows what to do with it. So you're far less likely to wind up in hospital if you do get it.

Zero masks out of the six police officers involved. No apologies, no paperwork, nothing.
Old Sep 24 2021, 12:45 PM   #120
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Very few here wear mask. Last I heard we had 89 in the ICU in Lynchburg. Lynchburg is small & only has 2 hospitals & 1 ER. Both are owned by same company & are for profits.