A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Library Foyer > Events Board

Events Board Information on site-sponsored and member-sponsored events: trivia contests, gathers, etc.

Old Sep 28 2007, 04:03 AM   #1
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Eurocon / Copenhagen - Hans' pictures (1)

The town of Neustadt in Germany where we stayed the night prior to ferrying to Denmark.

Getting on the Scandlines ferry from Puttgarden to Rodby.

And on the way to Copenhagen. A last shot of my faithful PDA called Eva

KC and Cheryl in the MoM Lounge at the Nebo Hotel

Our group during dinner the first night in Rover's Irish Pub
fltr KC, Marjon, me, Steven, Elizabeth, Cheryl and Maelin (her hubby is taking the pic)

Gifting Cheryl a copy of The Worlds of Anne McCaffrey for acting as my postmaster general in the States

And Lanen and Steven a book on the tulip fields of Holland to make them even more determined to come and see the real thing with their own eyes!

Maelin got a whole stack of books I have acquired for her over the last year; among them a nice little copy of the French translation of the short story A Ship Who Sang dating back to 1961!

Maelin wasn't to be outdone, nah... she outdid everybody else with her magnificent gifts. Here's Steven and a clearly embarrassed Lanen who even got 2 portraits! Steven (he looks like a waiter with the MoM shirt draped over his arm ) was surprised too as he thought he never sent a picture of himself to Maelin... no he indeed did not

Kind author Lanen aka Elizabeth Kerner signed stacks of books!

First day at the con; here the Fantask SF bookshop's table in the main entrance hall with P'ter showing something to Steven and Lanen.

First panel with fltr authors Bruce Holland Rogers, Elizabeth Kerner, Ruth Nestvold and Max von Schlegel.

Maelin with a Star Wars trooper. DragonCon gets platoons of these, Eurocon... eh.... one?

On the occasion of Martin's birthday we presented him with house slippers disguised as fluffy Dutch wooden shoes

*finding out 30 is the max number of images in a MoM post - so I'll have to split it up*

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28 2007, 01:32 PM   #2
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default Re: Eurocon / Copenhagen - Hans' pictures (1)

Very nice photos Hans...Martin will enjoy the *Dutch Slippers* photo and the ones you took of your brief stay in Germany.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29 2007, 11:18 AM   #3
L'isa

Fan of: Dragonflight
Now Reading: Xenocide

Oh, these are great!!!! On to the next bunch.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
L'isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1 2007, 12:48 PM   #4
StevenB
Bitsmith/Starsmith,
Master Sneak

Fan of: Skies of Pern: what else?
Now Reading: My computer screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
And on the way to Copenhagen. A last shot of my faithful PDA called Eva
I'm sorry you lost your PDA Hans. The alternative isn't anywhere near as portable:
Old Oct 1 2007, 01:03 PM   #5
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1 2007, 03:54 PM   #6
Nina
Talent

Finder

Fan of: The Talent series
Now Reading: almost a book a day

LOL - did he come up with some good directions?

The Rowan is my favourite!

"The name rowan is believed to derive from the Norse runa - "a charm". It was often planted outside houses to ward off witches. On May Day a spray of rowan leaves was hung over doors to repel evil, and wells dressed with rowan to keep witches away. The rowan, or mountain ash, is found commonly in Scotland, sometimes clinging to a rock face."
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote