A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

Old Feb 2 2008, 02:07 PM   #1
R'na
Dragonrider

Fan of: dragonriders of pern
Now Reading: Random Fanfiction
Brown Found PC game CoP ?!?

I was just looking at image results on google for pics of dragons from pern. I found a game called Chronicles of Pern. I didn't know there were any games other than the board game which I would love to find. Are there others out there too?
R'na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2 2008, 03:01 PM   #2
sjslack
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: as usual
Default Re: Found PC game CoP ?!?

There's a PC game, a Dreamcast game, and I believe a game for the old commadore computers.

Perception is a powerful tool...
...for it distinguishes man from fool.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C.S. Lewis
sjslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2 2008, 04:59 PM   #3
R'na
Dragonrider

I may have seen it too. Though I'm not sure.
Old Feb 2 2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Yes indeed.... there is other games...like Sara stated above.

There is also one more game made from an Anne McCaffrey story...but it has to do with the *Freedom* books....called *Freedom the first Resistance*.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3 2008, 04:15 AM   #5
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

The old computer games Dragonriders of Pern by Epyx were made for Atari (5.25" disk) and Comodore computers (casette and disk).

The newer Chronicls of Pern game by Grolier (Red Storm ent.) is on CD and available for PC and Dreamcast.

The boardgame knows two edition too and is regularly offered on eBay and to be had for a good price (which I consider between 15-25 US dollars) regularly. To actually play I prefer the version that has the board made out of giant jigsaw puzzle pieces rather than the one with the folding board.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3 2008, 10:56 AM   #6
sjslack
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: as usual

I suppose the Nova 'Which way' Thread-Fighting book can also be classed as a game. ^^ The one with 'the White Dragon' illustration on the front.

Perception is a powerful tool...
...for it distinguishes man from fool.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C.S. Lewis
sjslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3 2008, 11:40 AM   #7
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

True Sara maybe we could say the Nova game and the two Crossroad Adventure books by Jody Lynn Nye (Dragonharper and Dragonfire) are "bookgames".

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3 2008, 09:16 PM   #8
R'na
Dragonrider

Thanks Hans I'll keep an eye out.
Old Feb 14 2008, 11:50 PM   #9
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post

The boardgame knows two edition too and is regularly offered on eBay and to be had for a good price (which I consider between 15-25 US dollars) regularly. To actually play I prefer the version that has the board made out of giant jigsaw puzzle pieces rather than the one with the folding board.
My family and I have that and love it. We're tinkering with making some modifications. My wife watched Ebay carefully and picked it up for about $25 US. She was actually searching for something else and had a flash of inspiration to grab DRoP instead. You can see why I keep her around. LOL

Last edited by ElectricDragon; Feb 14 2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Typo
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2008, 10:11 PM   #10
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

**Electricdragon, wives are great for many things, not just for looking for stuff on ebay. Just ask my hubby but then he thinks I'm a smartie*^@# when something like that happens so I shall try not too much if I find something new on ebay. LOL!
**For R'na, the commodore 64 game came as a single game and in a 5-game pack (I have the 5 game pack on my shelf but I've seen the single version on ebay occasionally), computer game was made by UBISOFT called "Chronicles of Pern-Dragonriders of Pern" and there's also a Mayfair boardgame (the pictures were drawn by Robin Wood who also wrote "the People of Pern" book). I can vouch for these as I have them as well as Dragonharper by Jody Lynn Nye but as for the others, Electricdragon seems to score something good by the sounds of his laughter above (with hip hip hoorays for his wife).
jube is offline   Reply With Quote