Golden Talisath
Dragonrider storyteller
Junior Weyrwoman

Fan of: F'lar and Lessa, DF
Now Reading: My university books
Default Re: Exploring the Subtextual - Robinton/Menolly in the DRoP series

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. M. Domini View Post
Sorry for my (cowardly) siesta. I am still working on the next part of this, which covers The White Dragon. I got partly through then wandered off to read some other book when I got ticked at Jaxom's sex-of-ambiguous-consent with Corana. :-/
I hope you will show us those texts soon, as I respect your point of view (although I may not always agree with it).

Quote:
I like awmotb's quirky theory that Petiron is Menolly's father, and this was why Yanus was so upset about her tuning. I can't see it happening, because Petiron/Mavi seems very unlikely and I don't see why Yanus would treat Menolly as his child if he suspected she wasn't when he had so many real heirs...she could just be a fosterling at Half Circle if Petiron was her father...but wouldn't it be FUN for Menolly to be Robinton's much-younger half-sister? That's such a fun theory. Funfunfun. Not practical in my mind, but fun.
Can we hope for a story on this topic, then?

Quote:
Golden Talisath - your (first, longest) response is interesting to me (...)
About the ,,longest response'' thing... what can I say? You should see my essays
About the answer... like I said before, different people have different points of view. And your right, some people (including me, I admit) tend to skip some things and not see something that catches the attention of others. But we may never know what the writer wanted to say with some lines, unless we ask him/her themselves. In the meantime, we can guess and give clues and our points of view. I don't think anyone should get angry when others give their response to someone's line or question and it's not exactly what they expected or wanted to hear.

From the Weyr and from the Bowl
Bronze and Brown and Blue and Green,
Rise the dragonmen of Pern,
Aloft, on wing, seen, then unseen.
Dragonman avoid excess
Greed will bring the Weyr distress;
To the ancient Laws adhere,
Prospers thus the Dragon-weyr.

Last edited by Golden Talisath; May 11 2011 at 07:10 AM.
Golden Talisath is offline   Reply With Quote