View Single Post
Old Jun 22 2022, 03:02 PM   #1133
Mausey

Default Re: What is Happening, part II

I've grown pumpkins a few times. While they weren't huge they were big enough to get 3 or 4 pies each. One year I had to ask a gardening friend what exactly I was growing, had very oddly shaped and coloured leaves. Turns out it was a cross between a pumpkin and a zucchini, we dubbed it a punkini. I shredded it and used it in muffins and some coffee cakes, was very yummy. This year I'm trying cantalope and honey dew melons. So far they look pretty good so here's hoping.

It's been so nice to get rain. We could almost watch the lawn greening up. There's a small slough on the trail I walk and it's been dry all year, the other day when I went past there were a few puddles in it. The puddles are good as it means there ground is saturated and maybe it can start filling again.

A lot of the tests and surgeries that got delayed because of covid are finally getting caught up. Our eldest has been waiting almost 3 years to get a nerve in his one arm fixed. All they have to do it make a small incision on the underside of his elbow and move the nerve back into place, pop in a couple stitches and he should be good to go. Right now his hand is very tingly and sometimes doesn't always work as it should. He's also booked in for an advanced EKG that's been almost as long a wait.