granath
Talent
Tower Prime

Fan of: Afra Lyon
Now Reading: PiF
Default Re: What is Happening, part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
The original What is Happening thread had grown ridiculously long, and I have closed it and started this new one! Let us know what you've been up to lately; I'll start...

The biggest thing keeping me busy these days is my daily hike with my two-year-old GSD. We go to a lot of local parks and walk about a mile a day - not that far but it often takes an hour because I stop and take a lot of photos of flora and fauna, and my dog has important sniffing to do!

I also started working in an office instead of from home. Ironic during the ongoing pandemic, but it's small office and I see half the other employees weekly anyway. I'm enjoying it, I don't work too many hours per week and it's easier to focus there than at home with kids and dogs and cats and household chores to distract me.

Thanks for starting a new thread. It just got me wondering, how old are your kids now?

Oh, I've just started re-reading the Talent books again and before that I read the CS books.

I'm still on vacation and enjoying the somewhat cooler weather. It's quite dry here, too, in spite of the rain we've had during the last few days. It's so dry that some trees have started to turn yellow and drop their leaves a couple months early. We've had a heatwave that lasted a couple months, and a heatwave here is defined as 3 consecutive days when the maximum temperature's hit 25 C/77 F. We've had more than 30 such days, although not necessarily consecutive ones. We've also had 20 days when it's been at least 30 C/86 F, more than ever before, at least since systematic temperature measurements started in the mid-19th century.
granath is offline   Reply With Quote