View Single Post
Old Dec 18 2021, 10:35 PM   #349
SpaceCowboy

Fan of: "The Ship Who Searched"
Default Re: What is Happening, part II

I won't say the timing of having to close the Fort Wayne northeast Walmart for deep cleaning due to COVID-19 was bad. But the only way it could have been worse is if it had been the 23rd and 24th. This is usually the busiest weekend of the Christmas season and an already crazy weekend has been a ride and a half. Had a relatively easy start to Friday then about noon we started seeing customers we had never seen before and today was worse. I have already hit my normal weekend totals and still have to work tomorrow and Monday. From what I understand the northwest and central Walmarts have also been hit hard, but the southwest store is at its normal pace. Me having a thousand dollar sale is not normal but also usually happens at least once a month when one of our regular customers does a monthly or quarterly pantry restock. I had three yesterday and six today and one of those was for over $3000. This store doesn't do $3000 in sales to one person on one sale.

Walmart in Fort Wayne Indiana has stores bracketing the city at the northeast, northwest, southeast (mine), southwest, and centrally to the north near Glenbrook mall. Nice to know we have a store near you within a 20 minute drive, but if something happens at one of them the next closest one may not be the one you'd think it would be. For instance mine is actually closer to the southwest or northeast stores then the central store.
SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote