A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   The Library Café (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Database errors (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=9163)

Dragon Fan Sep 21 2018 06:58 PM

Database errors

I noticed some of the links in MOM are not working, the "new Posts" link is one. to get here I need to navigate thru the User Cp, if I try a link I get " Data base error" anyone else having this same result?

Hans Sep 22 2018 04:48 AM

Re: What is happening

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Fan (Post 207490)
I noticed some of the links in MOM are not working, the "new Posts" link is one. to get here I need to navigate thru the User Cp, if I try a link I get " Data base error" anyone else having this same result?

I'll let the tech dept. know :)

vyon Sep 22 2018 09:03 AM

Re: What is happening

Yes, me too.

Cheryl Oct 3 2018 04:28 PM

Re: Database errors

We did some system maintenance this weekend, which I hoped would resolve this problem, but it seems it did not. We'll investigate further and hopefully get it fixed soon.

Cheryl Oct 3 2018 04:34 PM

Aha! I seem to have found how to fix it myself, without having to call in the big tech guns. Huzzah!

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Dragon Fan Oct 4 2018 08:28 PM

outstanding !

Dragon Fan Oct 17 2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl (Post 207528)
Aha! I seem to have found how to fix it myself, without having to call in the big tech guns. Huzzah!

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

They are back.

P'ter Oct 23 2018 03:50 AM

I could not even get in.

vyon Oct 23 2018 06:35 AM

On again, off again, on again ...
I haven't been able to get in for days. Now that I am in, I got "Database error" on the new postings heading too.

Allen Oct 23 2018 08:44 AM

I really don't enjoy posting about bad news, so I won't say I couldn't get into the site. I'll just say I'm glad to be able to be back in.

Cheryl Dec 1 2018 02:44 PM

Is anyone still having random database errors?

P'ter Dec 2 2018 04:42 PM

Yes on odd days I can't get into the site. I usually get the message "Database not found".

Dragon Fan Dec 4 2018 04:55 PM

Just on the "New Post" link the last few days, and only once when trying to log on. All are working OK now. Thank you.

Allen Jan 13 2019 04:34 PM

I keep getting them all the time. This is the first time I've gotten on in at least 2 days.

vyon Jan 14 2019 06:43 AM

Me - but as you can see I'm back in tonight.

P'ter Jan 14 2019 02:43 PM

Me too. Couldn't get in all weekend.

Hans Jan 15 2019 03:40 PM

I couldn't get in either and let Cheryl know. Got fixed quicky after that.

mawra Jan 15 2019 07:03 PM

I've had problems getting on last week.

Allen Jan 18 2019 03:25 PM

Couldn't get in this morning and yesterday morning. Both times I clicked on the contact button on the error page which let me email Kenneth. Both times the problem was fixed, at least for the rest of the day.

If the problem repeats tomorrow, I think I'll be on my way to setting a new record. We'll have to see! LOL!

Allen Jan 19 2019 10:04 AM

Got in here with no problems first try today. There goes my streak. Oh well. LOL.

Cheryl Jan 19 2019 07:38 PM

I've had my spouse teach me how to fix it, so assuming I can remember I can get it fixed much faster now. Feel free to email me at cheryl @ srellim.org to let me know when it's down.

Unfortunately it will keep happening, as we're running a very out-of-date version of the forum software. At some point, when I and the spouse have a big enough block of time, I will purchase the current version and we will upgrade, but there will be a lot of work involved as they've made major changes to the software.

Allen Jan 24 2019 09:52 AM

I'm probably going to jinx it, but since you posted that you now knew how to fix it I think there has only been one brief time that I couldn't get in. Maybe the software just needed to hear from you.
Maybe it was lonely and missed you.
Maybe it just needed a woman's touch.
Maybe I should shut up now.

Cheryl Jan 27 2019 08:58 AM

LOL

Allen Jan 27 2019 10:07 AM

I wrote to Cheryl yesterday, after not being able to get in.
As predicted above.
That's why she's laughing.
Amusing, in a back-handed sort of way.
Thank you.