A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   The Library Café (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is happening (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=8098)

Lady Maelin Nov 7 2012 09:51 PM

Re: What is happening

Kevia...that's it exactly *Falling in Love*! The first time for me was with my own daughter...and then again with her two daughters, each in their turn. I only hope I live long enough to get to fall in love with my Great-Grand-daughters or Gand sons!!!

Oh by the way...she is B E A U T I F U L...just perfect!!!

kevia Nov 7 2012 10:39 PM

Thanks, Lady M.

edith Nov 8 2012 02:19 AM

Congratulations Kevia!

She looks like a lovely baby!

P'ter Nov 8 2012 03:32 AM

Very munchy!

kevia Nov 8 2012 08:16 PM

Thanks, Edith and P'ter.

GinnyStar Nov 8 2012 11:35 PM

Lovely Grandchild kevia

I'm back to almost full use of my arm, left just need a little more work and I can go back to reading braille.

mawra Nov 9 2012 12:24 AM

Glad you are almost back to normal

mara Nov 9 2012 08:02 AM

That's great Ginny.

Hans Nov 9 2012 11:04 AM

Good to hear, Ginny. Nice icon!

kevia Nov 9 2012 06:45 PM

Thanks, Ginny.

Glad your arm is getting better.

Bruce Nov 10 2012 05:59 PM

Kevia, congrats on the grand baby. I have 3 grandchildren, one boy(12), and two girls(4 and 9). I went to and photographed my older granddaughter, Ariel's soccer game today. Her birthday is next month on Dec. 16th, right after mine and before fellow MoMer, Hans. Grand kids are such a joy!

mawra Nov 10 2012 07:31 PM

I think I would like to wait on grandchildren. At least for few more years. A lot more years.

mawra Nov 10 2012 07:45 PM

I am attempting Nano this year. I have around 20,000 words so far. My mother, Kibby and sister are also attemting it. My 8 year old niece is also trying, her work goal is 4,000, not 50,000. She is doing a autobiography.

GinnyStar Nov 10 2012 11:35 PM

kevia, Hans, and mara Thanks, it still stiff but flexibility well come with time and the sentive should go down in about three months

edith Nov 13 2012 02:52 AM

It's great to hear that you are getting better Ginny!

GinnyStar Nov 14 2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edith (Post 185142)
It's great to hear that you are getting better Ginny!

Thanks, was thinking about you, while watching a BBC DVD about the solar system.

Almaron Nov 16 2012 01:07 AM

Phew! Just finished doing the synopsis for Dragongirl, and at 30,000 characters, I think it's the longest one I've dealt with yet.

Only three left now;
*Sky Dragons - only 100 pages left; should finish it in a day when I get it back from the library.
*The White Dragon - 1/3 done; looking forward to going over this one again.
*Dragonsdawn - not started yet; should be a toughy, but also good fun!

Here's hoping I finish them all soon! Just think; plot summaries for every book online! I know now I'll never get confused about who's who in the Second Interval/Third Pass again, that's for sure.

granath Nov 16 2012 12:43 PM

Congrats on the grandbaby Kevia! She's beautiful.

kevia Nov 16 2012 08:22 PM

Thanks, Granath!

Rianne Nov 17 2012 08:33 PM

Mawra-- I was planning on trying to do Nanowrimo this year, but ended up not even starting because of school, sailing, and general busyness. Good luck with it to all MoMers who are participating!

mawra Nov 18 2012 03:53 AM

I am very close to the 50,000 word goal. I sould be able to finish in the next day or two

GinnyStar Nov 18 2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mawra (Post 185209)
I am very close to the 50,000 word goal. I sould be able to finish in the next day or two

Good for you mawra keep it up, that goes for all MoM'er who are doing Nano this year

mawra Nov 18 2012 08:45 PM

I have been working making 3 inch rouns button pins. The kind you can take apart and put your own design in. The ones I am making are for the Decommissioning trip.

Across the top it says USS Enterprise, going down the left side is Dad's first name, his last name is going down the right side. On the bottom I put shakedown cruise under that is the year 1962. The letters swithch being red and blue. In the center is a picture of Dad. I think they look good.

Almaron Nov 19 2012 05:58 PM

Huzzah, just finished the plot summary for Sky Dragons - and I even managed to add in a brief section on the page heralding the official retraction of the Tent Peg theory! Only two books left now!

On that note, there's now plot summaries online for all of the Second Interval/Third Pass books, so this should make it much easier to recall the plot and characters of a previous book. I'm also going to work on an overall summary of that period in time for the History Page, so if you got confused by all the timing it; never fear! I'll simplify it soon enough!

GinnyStar Nov 20 2012 12:59 PM

I too have been helping with the Pern Wiki when I find something I can share, I'm going home to Wild Rose, WI to visit my father, before he heads south to FL for the Winter. So it Thanksgiving and Christmas together, I'm going to be with out internet.

Moonlady Nov 23 2012 01:49 PM

Catching up and glad to hear you are healing GinnyStar.

I'm whish her the best, mawra. If I hear anything that seems to work, I'll pass it along... that is hard. Glad she was not seriously hurt.

I am trying to get the energy to pack up the house slowly in preparation for when the bank finally starts the paperwork on the Condo I hope to be buying. My bid was accepted by the seller but the bank is taking their own sweet time which is good because with work and the boys I rarely have a full day to pack.

May everyone have a great Friday!

mawra Nov 23 2012 07:35 PM

Good luck with getting the bank to get you approved.

With out new house, we had approvel, but had not signed papers when the house was built and the old one was torn down. Then the bank decided they wanted the well water checked, and a bunch other stuff. If they changed their mind I have no idea what they would have done.

Moonlady Nov 23 2012 11:23 PM

Thank you Mawra

Hans Nov 24 2012 06:42 AM

Good luck with the purchase and the paperwork, Moonlady.

mawra Nov 25 2012 02:27 AM

I have summited my Nano story, a little over 63,000 wors.

Moonlady Nov 25 2012 08:29 PM

That is awesome, Mawra. Keep us posted.

mara Nov 26 2012 07:11 AM

fingers crossed for you Mawra!

Hans Nov 26 2012 10:28 AM

A great achievement Mawra!

Bruce Nov 26 2012 10:47 PM

I'll say a prayer for you for you Mawra!

GinnyStar Nov 27 2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlady (Post 185273)
Catching up and glad to hear you are healing GinnyStar. <snip>

Thank you Moonlady
Quote:

I'm whish her the best, mawra. If I hear anything that seems to work, I'll pass it along... that is hard. Glad she was not seriously hurt. <snip>
Glad too read OK
Quote:

I am trying to get the energy to pack up the house slowly in preparation for when the bank finally starts the paperwork on the Condo I hope to be buying. My bid was accepted by the seller but the bank is taking their own sweet time which is good because with work and the boys I rarely have a full day to pack.

May everyone have a great Friday!
Good luck Moonlady

If we can afford it, we might be going down to visit Dad in FL for week, I well keep you folks posted.

mawra Nov 27 2012 07:22 PM

I hope you can manage it, Ginny

A few years go I posted that My grand niece Madison was seeing sprits. Now my nephew has seen a little boy that is dead. That is what he told my sister, that he was dead. He died in a car accident in California four years ago. Madison has seen him as well.

At first Seth was afraid of him. When Madison came home from her father's Melissa asked her to talk to him. Madison took him into her bedroom and closed the door. She told Malissa that it was a private talk. Tammy stopped by she told Seth that the boy only wanted to play. She asked Seth were was he. He said he was in his sister's room, in the closet. Madison agreed with Seth.

GinnyStar Dec 3 2012 11:33 PM

I'm working on two prompts from the NKT http://www.annemccaffreyfans.org/for...ad.php?t=22108
I been lately get stuck in storms, and then stall out :blush:

Nefermiw Dec 16 2012 07:55 AM

Came back from a very short trip to Holland yesteday. We flew there on Wednesday and flew back Saturday, but we managed to visit my former work place, visit a former colleague on maternity leave and see her new son and Friday we spent 4 hours at Blijdorp zoo.
Of course when we arrived at Rotterdam central station I got a flash back to when Hans met us there some years ago. This trip was unfortunately too short, but if it had been longer I definitely should have emailed Hans to see if he had time to meet up for a cup of tea or something. As it was it didn't even occur to me before standing in Rotterdam having a flash back.

But we had a wonderful time anyway. Laura is now 15 months old and she thought it was fantastic to run around at the zoo - especially in the aquarium part of the zoo.

Hans Dec 16 2012 08:31 AM

A real pity it was a "flying" visit, I would have loved roaming Blijdorp Zoo with you!

Next time you ring!

mawra Dec 17 2012 08:34 PM

Over the weekend Kibby and I went to a Mistletoe Market and I got Kibby, against protest and much bribbery got this picture

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/DSCF0737.jpg