A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Library Foyer > Events Board

Events Board Information on site-sponsored and member-sponsored events: trivia contests, gathers, etc.

Old Aug 30 2006, 02:31 PM   #1
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default Lady Maelin's WorldCon photos [split]

Anne was being filmed and interviewed by parts of the WOrld Con staff.

A young fan was lifted up to have a visit with Anne, and to get a candy handed personally to him.

Anne at her talk "What it is like to be Anne McCaffrey", a very interesting talk.

This just goes to prove that authors have fans too. This is David Gerold the author, coming to say hello to Anne....Friends and Fans both!!!

Anne on a panel "Writers and Illustrators of the Future", with Jerry Pournelle, Jay Lake, Tim Powers, John Goodwin, Anne, and Laura Freas(The late Kelley Freas wife who is also an artist). This was a very interesting, and entertaining panel to listen to.

This was after a panel that Todd was on about "Collaboration: The Care and Feeding of Your Partner", where he talked about writing with his mother. This was a lovely talk to listen to, about Anne and Todd's, writing together from Todd's point of view.

I hope that you enjoy the pictures, it was a wonderful convention to attend. There were so many things to see and do there, that there was not enough time to do it all. The dealer room, was also a fabulous place to hunt for a treasure to take home with you, and many of us did just that, with very large smiling faces.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle

Last edited by Cheryl; Sep 1 2006 at 08:28 AM. Reason: resized images
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30 2006, 04:14 PM   #2
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Default Re: WorldCon: LA, Aug 2006 - Attendees!

This is Dena, me, and Cheryl meeting up at the L.A. World Con. 2006. This was wonderfull finally meeting up with some of the other MoM members.

This is me and Sharon before she made her "Gift of love" donation of her lovely long red hair. She looked marvelous in her costume, as did they all.

This is Cheryl again, with me and my Martin...as you can see by Cheryl and my t-shirts we were dressed as Anne fans. The one I have on in this picture is one of the ones we gifted to Anne( in San Diego) with the portrait of her on the front, and all the member portraits on the back. This shirt was a huge favorite, with a lot of fans and Anne. The other t-shirt that we gifted to Anne, was one with the "Dragonsigner" drawing on the front, and the "McCaffrey Quest" sign on the back of it( as seen in Anne photo when she is on stage in the other group of photos that I put up earlier. I once again hope that you all enjoy these, it was so wonderful to meet some of the other fans of Anne, finally!!!

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle

Last edited by Cheryl; Sep 1 2006 at 08:30 AM. Reason: resized photos
Old Aug 30 2006, 04:17 PM   #3
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Cheryl, I think these need to be made smaller...sorry...I can get them here now, but not in the right size...ARRRRRGH!!!

Old Aug 30 2006, 04:19 PM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

The pics are fantastic, Maelin! Very nice pics of Anne and the fans -- did you have to post Todd's so HUGE?

Wonderful to be able to see these. Thank you so much!

And, martin, that is a fabulous Star Trek shirt!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30 2006, 06:17 PM   #5
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)

I'll work on shrinking some of the oversized ones later tonight. And I think I will also split Maelin's pictures off to a new thread, making them easier for everyone to find.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30 2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Moonlady
Triumping over Hell

Fan of: Crystal Singer series
Now Reading: Spirit Dances by CE Murphy

It was so great seeing everyone at World Con. I loved seeing the photos too since my camera was with Rod and our boys.
Old Aug 30 2006, 10:15 PM   #7
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Sorry Cheryl and Hans, about the size of some of these, I put them on Photobucket, and never know what size they are going to be by the time I get them here.

Old Aug 30 2006, 10:50 PM   #8
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too

Fabulous pictures Maelin!!! Thanks for sharing them with us! Now we REALLY wish we'd been able to go too!
Old Aug 31 2006, 11:01 AM   #9
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Becky, I wish that more of the members could have gone to the convention too, that would have only added to the pleasures that we all had there.

Last edited by Lady Maelin; Sep 1 2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old Sep 1 2006, 09:59 AM   #10
Apocalypse
Inactive

Fan of: Dragon's Dawn
Now Reading: Dragon's Dawn
Default Re: Lady Maelin's WorldCon photos [split]

Looks like you had an amazing time! Can't wait until I finally get around to going to one too!
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1 2006, 10:04 AM   #11
c_ris
Journeyman Harper Roedin
Wing Second

Fan of: the Dragonriders of Pern!
Now Reading: The Elder Gods - Eddings
Default Re: Lady Maelin's WorldCon photos [split]

Great pics!

"When a harper is silenced, all men should listen harder." AtWoP
c_ris is offline   Reply With Quote