A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Jun 1 2007, 05:37 PM   #1
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default Song in the Silence...

Yes Indeedy....I finally recieved my 1st ed. HC of "Song in the Silence", by Elizabeth Kerner....a wonderful story, full of "edge of your seat" adventure.

I whole heartedly recommend this book to any and all true "Dragon LOVER's", as it has what we all hope our books will have and so rarely do...a true heart and soul. I am eagerly awaiting the two sequel 1st ed. HC's that are on their way..for the rest of the story.
I will also be looking forward to any future stories that Elizabeth cares to write. I can tell you my friends, I might have been late in finding out about Elizabeth's fantastic stories...but I will be as close to the front of the line when the next one comes out, as I can get!!!

.. .. .. .. .. ..

.......... ....

Thank You... to Elizabeth Kerner...for her amazing adventure

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1 2007, 06:20 PM   #2
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow
Default Re: Song in the Silence...

I love the cover of that book. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2 2007, 03:23 AM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Looks great, Maelin. I'm so glad you are enjoying the books enough to collect them! And now to ponder which and how many to stash in your suitcase later this year But please, us Europeans and Scandinavians more so, are very open minded, but... you must also take clothes with you!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2 2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Hans, Well if you insist...seriously though I am going to need lots of clothes, as it is only traditionally around 64 degrees for a high there in the day time....Birrrrrrr I will need my longie's for my trip... My suitcase is going to be a bit heavy...but books way a little now don't they!!!

P.S. That 1st that I got was only $23.and change...instead of the high prices we both saw on ebay...so I got a lovely deal...its a beautiful copy.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote