A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Dec 18 2013, 02:50 AM   #1
kindan

Fan of: Crystal Singer
Now Reading: David Drake - With the Lightning
Default White Dragon Promotional Button

Perhaps a collecting highlight here. I saw this on ebay on my pretty regular Anne McCaffrey searches and snatched this up as quickly as I could click. A Del Rey promotional button from the original release of the White Dragon. Perhaps Hans or someone knows more about these and their rarity?

Old Dec 18 2013, 04:17 AM   #2
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: White Dragon Promotional Button

I thought I, or somebody else, already did a Collecting Highlight on this. I specifically remember making a photograph of it together with a pen Anne gave me and a glass of whisky... but I can't find it so maybe it was a regular post?

It is a genuine Collectors Item though. And there's more material connected with it. I seem to remember a cardboard bookstand, a poster and stickers.

Found it!
http://forums.srellim.org/showthread...e+dragon+wagon

Indeed not a Collecting Highlight but a discussion on White Dragon ephemera you might like, Kindan. And with the photo I remember but Maelin moved her photo of the bumper sticker

Good find Kindan, you would think there are many of these buttons but no... you don't see them very often

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18 2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I thought I, or somebody else, already did a Collecting Highlight on this. I specifically remember making a photograph of it together with a pen Anne gave me and a glass of whisky... but I can't find it so maybe it was a regular post?
It is a genuine Collectors Item though. And there's more material connected with it. I seem to remember a cardboard bookstand, a poster and stickers.

Found it!
http://forums.srellim.org/showthread...e+dragon+wagon

Indeed not a Collecting Highlight but a discussion on White Dragon ephemera you might like, Kindan. And with the photo I remember but Maelin moved her photo of the bumper sticker

Good find Kindan, you would think there are many of these buttons but no... you don't see them very often
Hans, I expect the glass of whisky was drunk
Old Dec 18 2013, 09:28 AM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Yes, Lily, that particular bottle is long gone

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18 2013, 02:22 PM   #5
kindan

Fan of: Crystal Singer
Now Reading: David Drake - With the Lightning

I knew you guys would have info. Bumper Sticker and T-shirt would be cool! I'll keep my eyes peeled. Someone should really have a café press site for like some generic pern-related stuff like T-shirts (just do like a silhouette of a dragon in gold, brown, green, blue and white for example, or weyr symbols and the like. in fact, could probably do both and have it customizable on there... how cool). Even if it's a tiny amount of income for those that hold the license, should be helpful, right?
Old Aug 17 2014, 04:56 PM   #6
Bruce
Rocksquat

Fan of: Dragonriders of pern
Now Reading: Anything I can get my hands on

I got one of these pins several years ago. A great addition to my collection.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote