A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Talent: Pegasus, Tower & Hive, and Barque Cats

View Poll Results: Do you have a talent?
Telepath 7 14.58%
Telekinesis 1 2.08%
Teleportation 0 0%
Empath 24 50.00%
Precoq 18 37.50%
Healer 3 6.25%
Linguist 3 6.25%
Tech wizard 3 6.25%
Enough to get by 9 18.75%
None at all 10 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 5 2008, 01:07 AM   #41
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Fan of: white dragon, tower/hive
Now Reading: Insurgent, The Last Apprentice, Damia (again)
Default Re: Any real talents in here?

Ok, I think my intuition is improving rapidly. Well, it depends. When I'm really sleepy I latch on to other people in the room- especially lately have been able to verbalize what they were about to say word for word. Uncanny. Same thing with me and Jarred. We say things at the same time or I'll just suddenly say what he's thinking. It's quite interesting. We just sing the Twilight Zone music whenever it happens. Oh, you know this sort of thing happens to most people. It's just a common thing for us these days. What fun!
"Whatever zapped me seems to have burned off the outlived dross and stupidities any human collects along the way. I don't mind being two hundred and fifteen years old. In fact, it's fun, in a bizarre fashion."
Gwina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5 2008, 04:45 AM   #42
Thea
Deski

Fan of: Crystal Singer, Pern
Now Reading: Crystal Line

I'm a twin, and as such there's always been lots of occasions where where said the same thing, thought the same thing, finished each other's sentences etc., but these days I'm more of an empath.
Thea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22 2008, 02:20 PM   #43
J'rem
Loo Cow

Fan of: Pern-Talent-PlanetPirates
Now Reading: The Drifters - James Michener

I'm a definite empath. Many times in my youth I would be at a gathering, a party ... suddenly I would feel the mood of the room shift. I would then leave; only later would I hear the story of the fight that broke out, et cetera. My friends became very adept at keeping an eye on me in social situations so they'd know when it was time to leave, moments before the fisticuffs or the arrival of the police.

I can also use it more directly to attempt to shift people's moods to a greater or lesser extent. The downside of this is I am greatly affected by pain and suffering, even at a remove.

I've had some precognitive episodes, but they are extremely rare and usually non-trivial - scary, and things that cannot be changed (it seems) so I tend to repress this particular capability. I have had a few "thinking about a person and suddenly they call" telepathy moments as well.

I also have a bit of tech wizardry (or as I prefer to call it, "cyberaffinity") ... I have been known to fix computers simply by touching them. A constant problem a user is having will automagically disappear if I'm in the room. Once, a co-worker needed the serial# to complete an install of Windows NT; I sat down in front of the machine and just typed a series of numbers. Amazingly, it worked.

My ex-wife had the reverse of the above ability; any time she would enter the room, computers and other devices such as printers would immediately fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
I have been wondering how to describe the empath part. However, I do think that empath is my main talent. People seem to know that I can help or listen, so I must be broadcasting empathy. Ever since I was a teenager, people needing help or just directions would pick me out from a crowd of available people. In the beginning I was amazed every time, and I did not understand how it was so obvious to others that I am a helper. Even in cities unknown to me or abroad, I am picked out and approached by someone needing help or directions
Oh yes, and this too. I am constantly amazed by the never-ending flow of strangers who tell me their life story in elevators.
J'rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23 2008, 09:51 PM   #44
Multi-Facets
Insert Witty Title Here.

Fan of: Girl Who Heard Dragons
Now Reading: Newflesh/Mira Grant.

Y'know, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Dad's either slightly clairvoyant or somewhat telepathic, or possibly both. He has a very open mind towards animals, and there have been times when he has gotten very distinct impressions of what they were thinking, especially with the family dogs. I recall a day when we visited my twin to meet her new dog, Tess; we ended up bringing her home because my twin had rescued Tess from another owner and couldn't keep her in her apartment. Dad later admitted that when he and Tess took their first look at each other, he thought he "heard" her "say", "Hey, you're nice. I wouldn't mind going with you."

Dad's also fantastic at finding objects and knowing how to fix things, but I don't know if that's due to some Talent, or the fact his career in software programming has made him a logical-thinking problem-solver.

I've had a couple of instances of animal telepathy too, but they're extremely infrequent. I'd really like to know straight up what my pets are thinking; it would come in handy if they became sick.

Personally, I think I'm slightly precog; I've had moments of intense deja vu during activities I've never done before. The example that immediately comes to mind was the day I first picked mint with my sister in the garden behind Mom's old flower shop; I can only conclude I'd had a dream about it, and then forgot it until later.

My big brother has had precog moments, too. I remember sitting on the floor watching TV in the family room while my brother was sitting at the kitchen table, having a snack, when all of a sudden he said "You know, I think I've had a dream about this: Just sitting here with you and the TV going."

What makes that odd is my brother lived with my biological mother before he came to live with my family for a little while. I just told him I was good to know I wasn't the only one in our biological family who experienced things like that.

Right now I suppose I'm more of an empath than anything. There have been several times in my life when I was around people experiencing grief and felt their pain lodge under my sternum, even if I was feeling fine at the time.

When Mom bought my dog, Simon, from a family that was moving and couldn't take him with them, I felt their sadness at having to give him away. The feeling didn't last long, but the suddenness of it it was like getting slapped; it was almost as if I was feeling that sadness personally. I cried for that family half the way home.

A couple of years ago, when my best friend's family got the news that his maternal grandmother was in very bad health and was not expected to pull through, he stepped outside for a bit to try gathering himself, and admitted to me he couldn't cry. I immediately teared up and told him I'd cry for him instead. I think I helped him feel his grief that way, because he was able to cry a few minutes later, and start dealing with his emotions.

I also seem to attract a lot of people like me online; once we get to know each other over AIM, I find some of them have problems with depression, or have family members with mental issues, or they were just picked on a lot growing up. I don't know how it happens.

(frowns) Hey, does sensitivity to energy count as a Talent, and would that make Reiki practitioners Talented?
Multi-Facets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24 2008, 04:56 PM   #45
granath
Talent
Tower Prime

Fan of: Afra Lyon
Now Reading: Faye Upton: Dragonchoice 3

I think it does, especially those who are supposed to affect people at a distance.
granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24 2008, 08:10 PM   #46
PernesePhoenix
Holder

Fan of: Jaxom
Now Reading: Materials & Methods

My roommate seems to have some latent talent. She is a finder. Whenever we go anywhere in my car, she tells me which corridor to go down, and there is almost always an empty parking spot near the front. She also has a knack for finding lost objects around the apartment. lol

I can only sense that something is going to happen. Once I was in the car with my parents when I was younger and kept saying that a cop was going to pull us over, but I couldn't tell where. Then when we were almost home we got pulled over. Also there are the many many cases of deja vu I have all the time. Also I tend to be very lucky, the most random combinations of events always turn out to benefit me somehow. And I clap my hands or count down from a random number at red lights and they change when I am done. lol
PernesePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24 2008, 08:24 PM   #47
Multi-Facets
Insert Witty Title Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granath View Post
I think it does, especially those who are supposed to affect people at a distance.
Good point. Thank you, Ms. Granath.
Multi-Facets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28 2008, 05:39 PM   #48
Nina
Talent

Finder

Fan of: The Talent series
Now Reading: almost a book a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalvast Magus in the thread "Bunny Hop"

Any electricity seems to do.
One of my answers:
In my experience even electromagnetic fields will do. It seems that electricity aligns, enhances and concentrates the talent.

What about the small electrical current in the human body (or in frog legs ) this must be important too! Maybe the reason why talent works.

---

Somehow I have quite forgotten to mention in my earlier posts in this thread to mention electricity and electromagnetic fields, and how this works better with me. The first computers which I worked with years ago had much greater magnetic fields, and around these I felt my long range telepathic ability enhanced. This helped teach me to use my ability. Now it works just as well without, but still gets enhanced and concentrated by electricity and magnetic fields. However, sometimes it gets too much, especially going by a transformer station or near power line nexuses or just under or over a high voltage power line.

The thing is that I have been wondering for a while whether the small electrical current in the human body is responsible and the explanation why any sort of talent works.

Does any of you have experience with this??? What do you think???

Is the human body all a question of physics? Remarkable if it is, and still is conscious with a mind working

The Rowan is my favourite!

"The name rowan is believed to derive from the Norse runa - "a charm". It was often planted outside houses to ward off witches. On May Day a spray of rowan leaves was hung over doors to repel evil, and wells dressed with rowan to keep witches away. The rowan, or mountain ash, is found commonly in Scotland, sometimes clinging to a rock face."
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4 2008, 06:02 PM   #49
Cynth
Rocksquat

Fan of: Planet Pirates
Now Reading: Alternative Care For Ruminants - Dr. Dettloff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
One of my answers:
The thing is that I have been wondering for a while whether the small electrical current in the human body is responsible and the explanation why any sort of talent works.

Does any of you have experience with this??? What do you think???

Is the human body all a question of physics? Remarkable if it is, and still is conscious with a mind working
Hey Nina - I have been meaning to get back to this thread for a while now...

I have seen a lot of talent being passed on in families so there must be a genetic connection of some kind, but not always is that the case.

I think that depending on the person and their particular talent, they are probably capable of tapping into different energy sources that are available, including electrical current, whether it is their own or from others or from the environment around them. Ultimately it is all "energy".

Referring back to my Post #27....I have since made some progress with my talents and I have a idea as to why my talents have become stronger lately, strong enough for me not to be able to ignore them anymore.

We moved to this farm only last spring. In talking with people around here that know the property and the history of the people who have lived here previously, I have been informed there is a natural power line (not sure of the correct term for this but I am not talking about hydro power lines) that runs through the rock under the property, which is also part of the main mountain on this island.

In the past, apparently this has manifested in a lot of negative energy here, resulting in the people living here generally suffering some personal tragedies, usually emotional in nature, such as relationship break ups and dis-ease or distrust, those types of things. Why? I don't know...However, when I moved here I brought a (European Mountain Ash, Sorbus aucuparia) Rowan tree with me and apparently I planted it on or very near this line. There was no foreknowledge of this on my part, I simply did what I always do and instinctively chose the best spot I could sense when it came time to plant the tree ...it has been noticed by many others that the energy on the property has changed significantly and is now flowing in a more positive direction. In addition, I believe the combination of the proximity of the Rowan tree and it being planted on this power line, has enhanced my talents.

I have been learning to relax into these past life visions I get...they are much clearer now, happening more often and with people not necessarily connected to my past. I am able to write a description what I "see". Also, I have had verification from more than one source, that my visions are accurate which gives me more confidence. I have also noted that I have a very drained feeling when a vision is complete.

I have been rather secluded in living my life for the past few years, almost hermit-like and won't go into a lot of other details here and now but I must say I have been experiencing a HUGE influx of positive, amazing changes, reactions and responses from people I know, as well as, from complete strangers.

This exposure has forced me to apply my rusty people/social skills. LOL
Cynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4 2008, 07:13 PM   #50
Brenda

Quote:
I have been informed there is a natural power line (not sure of the correct term for this but I am not talking about hydro power lines)
A ley line?
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4 2008, 07:21 PM   #51
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

The Chinese name for them is the 'Way of the Dragon'

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4 2008, 07:28 PM   #52
Cynth
Rocksquat

Thank you...yes that's it, a ley line or I think a more accurate description is "Way of the Dragon"!
I can't begin to explain how appropriate that is...LOL
Old Mar 6 2008, 12:09 AM   #53
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawra View Post
I have a grand niece, Madison, who I have mentioned before. She talks to spirts. She in only 3 years old. Madison's mother just found out she is pregnut again. When she told Madison Madison told her Mother that there was a brother & a sister in her tummy. Melissa went to the Dr.'s yesterday. The Dr. told Melissa that she was either going to have on realy big baby or twins. Any guesses on wich it will be.

We just found out that Madison was wrong. Melissa is only going to have a baby girl. Madison told Melissa to go back to the Dr. & get anther baby put in there. She wants a brother & a sister.
Melissa is going to name the baby Emmy Marie

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6 2008, 01:27 AM   #54
Multi-Facets
Insert Witty Title Here.

Huh. What do you think happened, Mrs. Mawra?
Old Mar 7 2008, 09:45 PM   #55
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

I have no idea. I think that maybe she will have twins in the future.
Madison told her mother today thet "I can't hadle that" When Melissa asked what she could not handle Madison said "you having a baby girl." I think Madison wants a brother.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8 2008, 02:46 AM   #56
granath
Talent
Tower Prime

Fan of: Afra Lyon
Now Reading: Faye Upton: Dragonchoice 3

It's a really interesting discussion, even to a skeptic like me.

Since I'm not religious, the aura of some churches creeps me out. I just want to get out of there as soon as I can. There doesn't even have to be a service going on. I don't get this feeling in newish churches that were originally consecrated as Lutheran (i.e. built after the reformation), but I do get it in originally Catholic churches for some reason. That rules out most of the big cathedrals.

A person I know from another board gets physically sick near pagan sites. She's been lucky enough to walk among the stones of Stonehenge, but it affected her so much she couldn't stay very long. A shame, I'd love to visit Stonehenge myself.
granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8 2008, 04:48 PM   #57
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

I can't get near to Stonehenge.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8 2008, 10:28 PM   #58
Multi-Facets
Insert Witty Title Here.

I had a premonition a while ago. I had to see a doctor about possibly getting a prescription to even out my moods, but I just KNEW she was going force a diet change on me too. It freaked me the hell out, because I KNEW I wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it.

I was right.

Seems to be predicting the future doesn't do anyone a lick of good.
Old Mar 13 2008, 06:36 PM   #59
Cavatica
Selkie

Fan of: Pern, Talents
Now Reading: Just finished: House of Suns

I've got some empathy/precog stuff happening. The empathy is borderline telempathy with my mother, but I've had some weird moments with siblings, best friends, boyfriends.

The precog stuff is all in dreams, and I never remember the dream until the event I dreamed actually occurs. It's always a really mundane trigger, too, like looking at a pencil at a certain angle or remembering a specific word -- and, interestingly, the moment I dream is usually the moment of recognition. That is, I dream myself remembering the dream -- and then instantly forget it when i wake up. Until I remember it again.

Yeah.

I think I've got a weird navigational Talent, too. Once I've driven somewhere, I don't need directions again, or only need reminding of a few specifics if it was a really complicated route. Sometimes all I have to do is jot the directions down and I don't need to look at them again. I suggest this is a Talent, and not a talent, only because most women suck at directions. ;>
Cavatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13 2008, 11:42 PM   #60
kevia
Ballybran Resident

Tuner

Fan of: Nimisha's Ship
Now Reading: Crystal Line

Just a bit of receiving empath. Mostly it helps me to get along with people, but sometimes it is very uncomfortable, especially if I am around someone who is angry or hurting.
Old Apr 28 2008, 12:28 AM   #61
Myt
Stowaway
Senior Apprentice

Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: Something, always something...

Many little things happen around me. Once at school, my wrist hurt heaps for no reason then a friend of mine walked into the classroom with their wrist bandaged. sometimes I get a song in my head and then it's on the radio..or the person behind be starts listening to it on their iPod and in a card picking 'magic trick' I picked the persons card before the magicians trick began (think of one of the cards spread out here type thing) Would this be considered weak telepathy or luck?
Myt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28 2008, 12:31 AM   #62
Myt
Stowaway
Senior Apprentice

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/...-activity.html
Old May 1 2008, 05:31 PM   #63
Brighid
Dragonrider

Fan of: Pern series
Now Reading: History of Tea

What a great topic! I don't know what each talent is classified as but I can assure you that I have spooked myself a few times. I scolded an ex for saying something inappropriate in public that he and the witnesses around us swear was never voiced. though he looked rather scared and admitted to thinking the statement. I had "received" thoughts and images like that numerous times. Thankfully only from him, it was rather disconcerting. specially when I lay in bed one night knowing that he was cheating on me and I had the images in my head torturing me the whole time. I called him out on it and again he looked rather frightened of me. (Which I must admit was kinda satisfying that time )
That has all seemed to stop though, for whatever reason I guess our minds were somehow linked to one another. Now, I just get massive amounts of
dejavu. Although i can say with honesty that I am very perceptive of peoples moods and undercurrents. I may not get words in my head anymore but I can "guess" what's on a person's mind with mindblowing accuracy sometimes.
Brighid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2008, 09:54 PM   #64
Multi-Facets
Insert Witty Title Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighid View Post
I had "received" thoughts and images like that numerous times. Thankfully only from him, it was rather disconcerting. specially when I lay in bed one night knowing that he was cheating on me and I had the images in my head torturing me the whole time. I called him out on it and again he looked rather frightened of me. (Which I must admit was kinda satisfying that time )
It must have been really freaky (and heartbreaking) when it happened, but damn, the way you scared your ex was COOL. Maybe he's started thinking twice about betraying people's trust? ^n____n^

And Myt: I've done the "I feel your pain" thing too. It only happened once, when I asked, out of the blue, if an ex-friend of mine had been experiencing shoulder pains that day. Kinda spooked her, but she took it in stride soon enough.
Old May 27 2008, 09:58 PM   #65
Emeraldrose
Holder
Drudge

Fan of: Dragonriders Series
Now Reading: The Great Hunt Robert Jordan

My closest thing to any talents as mentioned would be deja vu type of things where I would know what was going to be said or what scenery was coming up etc...some what of telepathy or same brain waves with my mom...(phone calls at same time)
But any "talents' would be minimal as I tended to be a background person preferring to observe and disappear into the woodwork...
Emeraldrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7 2008, 10:04 AM   #66
Myt
Stowaway
Senior Apprentice

perhaps thats a talent in itself
Old Jun 7 2008, 05:19 PM   #67
Multi-Facets
Insert Witty Title Here.

I just remembered another premonition I had years ago. I needed my wisdom teeth removed, and I was very nervous because I've never had surgery. Stitches, but not surgery. And I'd never been "put under".

I trying to calm myself down by envisioning myself in the chair with my stuffed rabbit, Herbie, under my right arm. His image kept showing up in my left arm, even when I mentally corrected myself.

Day of the surgery, I laid down in the chair with Herbie under my right arm, and the doctor told me I had to move him to my left so they could place the IV in my right.

How trivial.
Old Jul 30 2008, 05:08 PM   #68
draconichybrid
Ssli

Fan of: Lessa/Killa/TTATH pentad
Now Reading: Random Rereads

Empathy and quite a bit of precog.

On the empathic side of things, I have a knack for deep analysis -- I can (and typically do) read a level or two deeper than the accepted norm, with the written word and spoken conversation. I'm classing this as empathy and not linguistics because it's essentially a weaker form of Tirla's amazing linguistic capability (which is not a linguistic Talent proper, but is actually the product of her massively high empathy rating).

As for precognition: I've literally been walking, riding and biking places, neglected to pay attention to my surroundings, and almost end up some guy's brand new hood ornament... only something told me to stop; that's when I look up and see this vehicle I had no idea was there.
Also, I don't bother with the whole "look both ways before crossing the street" precaution -- I don't need to, as that precog Talent always kicks in and warns me if it isn't save to cross.
Finally, I've noticed that when rounding blind corners (such as entering or leaving isles in a supermarket or big name department store, but this works with various other blind corners as well), I tend to hold back when rounding the corner would mean colliding with someone even though I have no "normal" way of knowing they're there in the first place.

Interestingly enough, my mother is so strongly empathic that it actually trumps my own empathy, while her precognition is all but nonexistent -- it only works on catastrophic-class threats (as far as I know, she's completely blind to anything short of severe injury or death), and only for people she's emotionally bound to (such as close family and friends close enough they might as well be family.
Weird, and sort of freaky.
draconichybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16 2008, 08:42 PM   #69
Cynth
Rocksquat

Cool! that is a very personalized talent!
Old Sep 16 2008, 08:47 PM   #70
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain

Have a bit a funny feeling somthing is not right good? Not to sure what type of talent that would be, off the top of my head.

For its be buging me off and on for the last few days. Mostly about family and or close firends I know.

Update, I was right two things, one DJ's kin in TX and two my dad had his hand work on this past Wed, to try and correct a problem with his fingers.

The unknow is one thing DJ like and UFO is another.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties

Last edited by GinnyStar; Sep 28 2008 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Update
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16 2008, 08:51 PM   #71
Cynth
Rocksquat

Hey Cheryl - I did find and read the first book of the series but for some reason it didn't hold my attention....actually I haven't been reading much at all lately...but I did relate to Peregrine's talent, it is very similar to mine...rather incredible really.

However I have been capable of shutting it out again and since I really find no value in it to myself or anyone involved, I am glad it is no longer such a distraction to carrying on in my day to day life.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of those books though. Much appreciated!
Old Sep 16 2008, 10:52 PM   #72
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)

Cynth! Long time no see; welcome back!

Glad you appreciated being pointed towards the Adept books even if they weren't your cup of tea. And that my guess about the similarity of talent was on target.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17 2008, 12:15 PM   #73
draconichybrid
Ssli

Fan of: Lessa/Killa/TTATH pentad
Now Reading: Random Rereads

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyStar View Post
Have a bit a funny feeling something is not right good? Not to sure what type of talent that would be, off the top of my head.
Sounds like the same subtle real-time warnings I tend to think of as a danger sense, but are technically a form of precognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyStar View Post
For its be bugging me off and on for the last few days. Mostly about family and or close friends I know.
Again, think of it as a danger sense if that helps.
I mean, it's not like you've been having visions, or even unfounded suspicions -- you've simply been aware that bad things were going to happen before they actually did.

At least, I assume the suspicions have consistently panned out -- otherwise you wouldn't be questioning them -- you'd already have written them off as the delusions of a madwoman.

'You can't win [the game] if you can't play, and you can't play if you're dead.'
draconichybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20 2008, 05:01 PM   #74
ghost8772

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files

I'd have to say 7 or 8 on tech, but with latent empathy. in other words, I still use the bigger hammer for finicky repairs, but hit in the right place 90 percent of the time.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21 2008, 06:33 AM   #75
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

I guess I have a strong sense of how to find "knots" in people's backs, shoulders, hands etc in the healing department. Last Thursday (18th September 2008), I had a girl at work who all week, wanted to see me and she finally caught up with me before she left to go home and asked for a massage. I found "where" it was wrong in her back as she was almost in tears that she couldn't "get to the spot". A few minutes later, her back was sufficiently normal and that she was calm enough that she could cope with getting home, once she had finished work for the day. I haven't heard back from her yet. But often people will come to me and ask for particular muscles to be relieved. I have had no training what-so-ever, other then practising this "gift" since I was very young on my dad (Bless his soul...)

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22 2008, 03:02 AM   #76
T'mynn
Dragon Rider-Yaaahhooo!

Fan of: All books
Now Reading: Chronicles of Pern

It's good to know others have this stuff going on, now I don't feel like I'm a mutant.I'm NOT wearing a spandex jump suit.:-P

Empathy I know I have. It's with humans and animals. The animal thing, animals will walk up to me, and trust me right off with their surprised owner standing there mouth agape. The human empahty I have is troublesome if it's close proximity to someone is in pain. A recent example of that, I was living in a seniour citizen community to take care of a client of mine(Live incare giver) and the neighbors around her were in such discomfort, I was picking up THEIR pain. It had disrupted my sleep and such, it took me about 4-6 months to build up enough sheilding to not 'hear' them full blast.

I do muscular massage and can find the 'hot' spots on someone quickly. Maybe I should do the Reikie and see what happens. When I'm fully rested and focused I can pick up disruptions in the perosn's body. Also doing any internal martial art like Ta'i Ch'i only makes this and other talents increase.

Precog: I see things in dreams, and wide awake. Shortest time span from the 'seeing' to event is 1/4 seconds, longest was 12-14 years later. I don't really like the talent/ability but I'm stuck with it.

I've a high sensitity to ley lines, and EM feilds. I can sort of 'see' where a ley line is. I found that out by accident when an aquaitance noticed than when we'd cross a ley line only he knew about, I'd twitch as if I got a shock. I don't like being too clsoe to those massive power stations, they make my scalp twitch.

Danger sense, I have that. it's saved my skin lots of times.

Telepathy: Oh boy, probably. I can only describe what I experience. Many times I'll be on the same 'wavelength' as a person, or more than one perons at the same time, and end up saying the same thing they do or finishing their sentances. This shappens in person, yesterday as a recent one with THREE separate people. Ughhh . It also happens over long distances like text chats. Sometimes it's with total strangers. I'll know what someone will answer on these game shows(Jepoardy,) before they say it, even the wrong answers. Espcailly stuff I actually don't know.

TK: I never had the need to move an object without using my hands. Something in me though says that it'll be there when I do need it.

machine affinaty: Maybe, Somehow I 'know" what to do, same for a lot of mechanicals. I can't describe the steps I'd done to repair "ABC" device.

Am I freaked out with all these talents and weirdness? Heck yeah, it makes my hair stand on ends. I'm sort of slowly coming to terms with them.

Information in the multi-verse is never lost. Since a lot of these talents have to do with furure events, maybe the brain is instinctively accessing it at a quantum level. I'm probably not making any sense while attempting to put into words things I've been experiencing since the age of 4.

Arghh,ohh <sighs> I'm getting punch drunk tired. :-P
T'mynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28 2008, 03:05 AM   #77
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

In a spandex suit.....Here comes SuperMoMer......

Sorry about that, Mynn but it certainly gave me a chuckle when I needed it most.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Sep 28 2008, 03:12 PM   #78
T'mynn
Dragon Rider-Yaaahhooo!

Fan of: All books
Now Reading: Chronicles of Pern

Super momer
far fromsuper, jsut freaked out. BTW I hadn't read the Rowan books. I've seen them an like the cover charactor's costume. Bene wanting to make that.
T'mynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1 2008, 04:39 AM   #79
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

How about Mother's intuition then? That always works for me

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Oct 1 2008, 07:43 PM   #80