A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Library Foyer > The Information Desk and Suggestion Box

The Information Desk and Suggestion Box Do you have any feedback or suggestions to share about this site? Having any troubles or just a general question about the board? Let us know!

Old Mar 25 2009, 07:32 AM   #1
Danikat
Curlycorn

Default Policy on Spoilers?

Hello all, as you can probably guess I'm new here.

Before I dive in and start posting I wanted to find out what the policy is regarding spoilers. Obviously any news about new books etc. may contain spoilers and I understand we have a spoiler tag to hide them, but what if I was to casually mention something that's old news to me but another member might not know (the ending to Moreta for example) as part of a bigger discussion?

Is it simply accepted fact that members will occasionally come across info they haven't read yet or should I put a warning at the top of the post/hide the info anytime I mention anything that might be suprising?
Danikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25 2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)
Default Re: Policy on Spoilers?

Welcome to MoM, Danikat!

We only worry about spoilers for books that are new (i.e. less than a year old). Spoilers for older books do not have to be marked obviously, as it would seriously hinder discussion if we worried tht any mention of plot details could spoil someone.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25 2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Danikat
Curlycorn

Default Re: Policy on Spoilers?

Thanks for the reply.

That's good to know.
Danikat is offline   Reply With Quote