A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Petaybee and Acorna

Old Mar 12 2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Menderofillusions

Fan of: Freedom's, Doona, Petaybe
Now Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stien
Deluge: review no spoilers

Well, I wanted a conclusion to the PTB series and Anne and Elizabeth delivered. This was the fastest book I've ever read without straining my eyeballs. I could not put it down or sleep until it was finished.

There are a few who do not have a taste for Anne's adolecent characters.
I am not one of them. PTB is one of my favorite series. I do not see a good trilogy followed by a childrens trilogy. I see parents, children, war, politics, ethics, ecology, biology, coming of age and the learning process. It is all one story who's journey comes full circle.

This book was action from cover to cover. I would suggest it to anyone who loved the series but not as a stand alone. you would definatly be lost otherwise. this book starts where the other left off. I loved it and I am proud to have it in my library.
Menderofillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13 2008, 12:09 AM   #2
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too
Default Re: Deluge: review no spoilers

I just got my copy yesterday! I'm going to try to read it when I spend a week with my daughter when her baby is born. Baby is due Thursday (13th) so I won't have too long to wait.
Nicely done non spoiler review, btw!!!