A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern > Science of Pern

Science of Pern This forum is for Edith's Science of Pern project. Please keep each post to one subject, and stay on topic; off topic posts may be moved or deleted. Guests may post in this forum (subject to change).

Old Feb 26 2014, 02:48 AM   #1
teven
Muskie

Fan of: all the weyrs of pern
Now Reading: game of thrones
Default Origin of the Thread(spoilers)

I couldn't find a thread on this, I wondered back when I was reading the dragonriders series how the Thread came to be, in AtWoP I believ AVIAS helped the cast create a parasite to help cut down on the amount of thread in the oort cloud.

It occured to me that this parasite might have been the intelligently created organisim thatevolved into the thread we know today. This keeps within the theme of stable time loops such as the dragonriders disappearance, as well as the long intervals from the explosions used to move the red star. What do you guys think?
teven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2014, 03:44 PM   #2
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly
Default Re: Origin of the Thread(spoilers)

Try here: http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=5997

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote