A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Games and Miscellany

Games and Miscellany Participate in word game threads, post jokes, share links to interesting websites or news stories. And watch out for hosts lobbing in topics that don't quite fit anywhere else!

Old Oct 25 2007, 07:50 PM   #281
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow
Default Re: MoM opens European headquarters in Amsterdam

LOL P'ter

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25 2007, 08:20 PM   #282
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
I would love to see a pic!! In my biz a Chihuahua is a yappy little dog!! My friends would keel over if I was able to mesh my love for animals and my love for cheese in this manner!! I look forward to surprising them all!!
Well, here's one of the better pics I could find. It's just a soft white cheese, very good for melting or just snacking on. Probably common in most Mexican restaurants, also known as queso menonitas.

http://www.rollybrook.com/Images/Mjr-ES-9.jpg

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26 2007, 10:19 AM   #283
L'isa

Fan of: Dragonflight
Now Reading: Xenocide

P'ter, you are setting a bad influence!!! What about DragonGirl seeing you like this?

***quietly on the side to P'ter: Uh, Can I have some?***
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
L'isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26 2007, 12:33 PM   #284
Cherlyn
Crafter

Now Reading: The Dragon Boy* Book 1 of the Star Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'isa View Post
Yeah for you!!!!! Yes, we can have a party, but shhhhh we don't want to annoy Hans if we get too loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2005 View Post
I guess that leaves out loud party music. Although, I listen to showtunes and classical more than anything else, so it's not anything you could blast anyway.
Sounds like we need to put special insulated walls around the party room . . . which floor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Cheese? Cheese?? Did I hear some cheese being unwrapped?? (Just in case you didn't notice.....I'm a cheese-aholic!! Cheddar, Gouda, Mozerella.....) *snip*
C H E E S E !

I'm a chocaholic, cheesaholic packrat ! Pass the C H E E S E !

All this week I've had my 6 week old Pug puppy up on my shoulder as I type at the computer. His name is Jiggs' Bubba Bandit.
Cherlyn (Cheryl #2 - "The Okie One") aka The Cheesaholic, Chocoholic Packrat and seeker of anti-ques and junque...
Click:. . .F.R.O.G. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .@<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"I just got back from the hospital. I had a speed reading accident; I hit a bookmark." ~ Unknown
Cherlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26 2007, 03:57 PM   #285
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

L'isa: it's time she grew up. Anyway it's not me under the whatever: blame

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26 2007, 03:57 PM   #286
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

L'isa: it's time she grew up. Anyway it's not me under the whatever: blame Harlan Mitz!

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

Old Oct 27 2007, 12:51 PM   #287
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugai View Post
*Passes through to a quiet corner with The Mitrokhin Archive under one arm and drops a large plate of Russian Fudge on the table*

ooOOOOoo, Whats *Russian Fudge*, sorry this is a bit late...but even to me(who is not a chocolate) that sounds quite delicious

I think I will grab one or two pieces of fudge...as I pass through to find a sunny comfy chair to do a bit of reading...Thomas has just delivered the dire news...and the Giants are wanting to leave and go home....and I am wanting to know what is going to happen next!!!

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27 2007, 04:45 PM   #288
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

I didn't know there were giants in Thomas the Tank Engine.

C. S. Lewis

Old Oct 28 2007, 01:23 AM   #289
r2005
Crafter
Student

Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: 1632 Series by Eric Flint

I'm in a very good mood. The Red Sox are up 3 games to 0 in the World Series!!!

Let's keep the party going.
Old Oct 28 2007, 03:01 PM   #290
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Fan of: white dragon, tower/hive
Now Reading: Insurgent, The Last Apprentice, Damia (again)

I'm planning to stop in for a pint (or good Benden) VERY soon. Geez, I need a vaca-tion so bad. Please, save a cushy chair for me? And maybe a bit of the fudge, if it's not all gone. (-; :haha:
"Whatever zapped me seems to have burned off the outlived dross and stupidities any human collects along the way. I don't mind being two hundred and fifteen years old. In fact, it's fun, in a bizarre fashion."
Gwina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29 2007, 11:04 AM   #291
L'isa

Oh R, you must be really in a party mood now. Red Soxs went all the way!!! Congratulations to all the Boston fans. And a tip of the glass to you.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old Oct 29 2007, 03:38 PM   #292
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts

I have a friend who is going to be very annoyed when she gets back from her trip to the UK, if she hasn't already checked the score.

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29 2007, 06:12 PM   #293
r2005
Crafter
Student

Quote:
Oh R, you must be really in a party mood now. Red Soxs went all the way!!! Congratulations to all the Boston fans. And a tip of the glass to you.
I was up until 1 am last night watching all the post game celebrations and interviews. This one feels different from 2004, but in many ways it's the same. I didn't party as much as some people, there was a bonfire at my school to celebrate, but I live at home rather than at school, so I didn't go.

Cheers to all members of Red Sox Nation!!!!!
Old Oct 29 2007, 06:17 PM   #294
L'isa

That is really cool. I am glad for you. We watched the Rangers self destruct for another year. Well, it was a new coach this year. Maybe next year we can make a run at it.
Old Oct 29 2007, 06:41 PM   #295
r2005
Crafter
Student

Quote:
That is really cool. I am glad for you. We watched the Rangers self destruct for another year. Well, it was a new coach this year. Maybe next year we can make a run at it.
I know that in the past the Rangers have had a lack of decent pitching which has held them back, and their offense has been really good in the past. I don't know a lot about the Rangers because the only time I see them play is when they are playing the Red Sox.

Good luck to them next year, but it might be tough for them because the Angels are still pretty good, and I think the Mariners are improving, at least from what I saw this season.

I have to go through baseball withdrawl until spring training starts.
At least I have figure skating season to focus on now.
Old Oct 30 2007, 06:08 AM   #296
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

I'll even provide the kitkats (chocolate covered wafers) for that all important break in routine. Providing if someone's willing to put up with me prowling around the building, after all, jubes are a wonderful lolly, oh so sweet and lovable. JUST DON'T EAT ME. I don't even follow baseball, give me Australian Footballers and we'll show the Yankees, a thing or 2 about playing football, "Shards", all that protection must weigh them down. Our footballers are built tougher then that. Let's see how many people are prepared to jump on top of me now. LOL
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30 2007, 10:30 AM   #297
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

I do not pay much attion to sports either. I notice what chanel they are on so I can advoid watching them. I am happy r2005 that your team is in the play offs.
My husbans HATES to watch sports with me in the room because I ask STUPID question to agravate him. Eventaly he will tell be to go away & leave him alone. Which is usealy what I want to do anyway.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

Old Oct 30 2007, 03:16 PM   #298
L'isa

Yeah, but now we have some extra money to throw around since A-rod is no longer under the contract. That saves the Rangers $21 million. We can use that for somebody else.

Oh, and now we have signed Tony Romo. Woo-hoo!!!
Old Oct 30 2007, 10:46 PM   #299
r2005
Crafter
Student

I forgot about that. I'm still too busy being annoyed with A-Rod and his agent for making that announcement during the World Series. I don't care where A-Rod ends up as long as it's not Boston. He is a good baseball player, but I much rather have Lowell over A-Rod. It's going to be an interesting off-season for baseball.
Old Nov 12 2007, 11:09 AM   #300
L'isa

Okay, now that the Quest is over, I thought I would come in and sit by the fire and relax in that wonderful old rocker. I have pulled it up in front of the fire and am going to have a nice glass of Benden and sooth my aching brain. Anyone want to join me in the relaxing glow of the fire?
Old Nov 12 2007, 12:16 PM   #301
Sandi

I'm with you, L'isa. My poor brain isn't used to that much exercise any more. The Quest was a lot of fun but I think a little bit of staring blankly into the fire will do me good.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12 2007, 01:33 PM   #302
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

a nice fire does sound relaxing doesn't it? With some nice Pern music on & nothing to THINK about. aaaaaaaaah this is nice.

Old Nov 12 2007, 01:38 PM   #303
Deb

Fan of: Pern of course!!
Now Reading: The Portrait of Dorian Gray

Well, it raining here today and I can think of nothing better than a warm fire on a wet day!! Especially after a taxing weekend of Questing!! Ahhhh....to stare blankly into the fi.......
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12 2007, 01:44 PM   #304
L'isa

Yes, I love the fireplace. Good friends, good wine, and good books, uh, no!! no books today. Tomorrow, yay, tomorrow. For now, I am with all of you, just stare blank faced into the fire. Ahhhh.
Old Nov 12 2007, 01:44 PM   #305
r2005
Crafter
Student

I suppose that I could join in and relax. I just spent a wonderful weekend in Montreal, and I need to recover from my mini-vacation.
Old Nov 12 2007, 02:07 PM   #306
L'isa

You are always welcome in here. Relaxing is relaxing, doesn't matter what you need relaxing from.
Old Nov 12 2007, 03:22 PM   #307
Sandi

Well, relaxing by the fire has to be better than pacing in the foyer waiting for the Quest marks!
Old Nov 12 2007, 03:28 PM   #308
L'isa

Now, now, try to relax. It will all be over soon. Have a glass of wine
and sit down. You are wearing a path on the carpet.
Old Nov 12 2007, 03:41 PM   #309
sjslack
JourneyWoman woodsmith

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: as usual

Ugh. I'm taking a five minute break from my English Assignment...My head hurts...But since I need to go back to work soon, I shall indulge in a cup of tea, instead.
sjslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13 2007, 09:24 AM   #310
L'isa

Okay, now I ready to get up and pace the floor with you, Sandi!
Old Nov 13 2007, 09:59 AM   #311
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

It is defently relaxing especialy since I just saw Kibbie outside & not in here. AAAAAAH no 12 year olds around. Of course it could get boring. Ignor me I tend to start rambleing when I am nervous. My spelling also gets worse.

Old Nov 13 2007, 10:41 AM   #312
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Kibbie outside? Alone? In Amsterdam?

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13 2007, 11:01 AM   #313
L'isa

Tehehe!!
Old Nov 13 2007, 11:10 AM   #314
Sandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Kibbie outside? Alone? In Amsterdam?

Quick! Send out the fire lizzards! She won't come to any harm as long as they are watching out for her.
Old Nov 14 2007, 09:38 AM   #315
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

She promised that she would stay away from any "coffee shops" & stay close by. Hopefully she will not get in to too much trouble. I THINK Ansterdam will survive.

Old Nov 14 2007, 09:48 AM   #316
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Fan of: white dragon, tower/hive
Now Reading: Insurgent, The Last Apprentice, Damia (again)

:heehee:
I think I shall take my wine over to the corner of whichever room has the lounge sleeper in it. If the snoring gets too loud send a fire lizard in to poke me.
"Whatever zapped me seems to have burned off the outlived dross and stupidities any human collects along the way. I don't mind being two hundred and fifteen years old. In fact, it's fun, in a bizarre fashion."
Gwina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14 2007, 05:32 PM   #317
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

If anybody needs me, you'll find me in a corner of the bar.

I'm the guy with a large bourbon in his hand and his face behind the latest installment in the Thomas Civenant chronicles, Fata; Revenant.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14 2007, 06:02 PM   #318
L'isa

Thanks, Hans. It is always comforting to know where you are.
Old Nov 14 2007, 07:18 PM   #319
Sandi

You deserve to relax for a bit, Hans. I think most of us know our way around this place well enough by now that we won't need to trouble you for what we want.

So the Quest is over. I think we should have a party. Every good Quest is followed by a celebration, isn't it?

I've brought a couple of trays of roasted wherry and fried tuber chips. We all know where the drinks are!
Old Nov 15 2007, 09:24 AM   #320
L'isa

Thanks Sandi, for the wonderful food. And that's kinda funny because for Monday and Tuesday night I was so not wanting to do anything, I stopped and picked up dinner. I just didn't want to go home and cook after the grueling weekend of Questing.