A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Library Foyer > Events Board

Events Board Information on site-sponsored and member-sponsored events: trivia contests, gathers, etc.

Old Jan 19 2006, 08:37 AM   #1
Nefermiw
Ballybran Resident

Caterer's Assistant

Fan of: The Crystal Singer series
Now Reading: anything on my eReader
Big Grin German gather

I thought I might also mention the planning of the gather here, since it could be that some peeps would be interested to come, but don't read the gather forum on the NKT. I hope it's okay if I link to the thread at here.

I'm guessing that at least me, Lindsey and Bertrand will be coming, but if others want to join us they are more than welcome (France and the Netherlands aren't that far away. ).

You can read the thread here: http://annemccaffreyfans.org/forum/s...047#post352047
Nefermiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19 2006, 11:22 AM   #2
Nefermiw
Ballybran Resident

Caterer's Assistant

Default Re: German gather

Silly me, I actually had a look to see if there were a subforum here where to post gathers and such, but I didn't spot the event forum.
Ah well, thanks for moving it to the right spot.
Old Jan 19 2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)

No problem, Nefermiw! I have to do something host-like every once in a while.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20 2006, 04:11 AM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

It is nicer though, Nef, to just copy the details and paste those in here, than putting in a bare link. But maybe that's just my opinion?

Hope the first German Gather will be a resounding sucess!

btw, did you know there's also sort of a German Pern Board? (outside our own of course ) Maybe you want to register and advertise there, if allowed?

And DO please write up and post something in German for OUR German section so it will (eventually) show up in Google, pwetty pwease?

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20 2006, 11:13 AM   #5
Nefermiw
Ballybran Resident

Caterer's Assistant

There aren't really any details to post yet. I posted the first post about having a gather in Germany at the NKT, since I don't think Lindsey and Bert visit this place that often, if at all. When we find a date to meet up, I'll also post something here, but if others than Bert and Lindsey would like to meet up, then they can of course also suggest a date.

I actually posted something as a guest at the German forum the other week. I don't think I will register as a user there though, as I think they tend to read the books in German, and I have only read them in English (not counting the Harper trilogy, which I also have read in Danish).
Old Jan 20 2006, 11:37 AM   #6
Hans
Master Archivist

I understand about the books and the German forum; while I do own some German Pern books I've only read parts of them.

No details you say, so not even a place determined yet? If you cater to Bert it'll be near the Dutch border, if it's close to you... you're near Heidelberg, aren't you?

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2006, 03:28 AM   #7
Nefermiw
Ballybran Resident

Caterer's Assistant

I live in Heidelberg, and so does Lindsey. It takes 5-6 hours to Duisberg if we take a regional train, which is cheaper as an IC/ICE train. An IC/ICE takes only 2½ hour, but costs 55-74 EUR (I have a discount Bahncard, Lindsey does not) each way. On a Saturday or a Sunday it is possible to buy a Weekend ticket for 30 EUR that will take up to 5 people all over Germany, but only in the regional trains. I could ask Lindsey if she would like to travel low budget with me to Duisburg, but seeing as she is pregnant she might not like the idea of getting up really early to go sit in a train for several hours. I will ask her next time I talk with her.