A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Freedom

Old Jul 25 2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Cherokee43v6
Darbul

Fan of: Pern...I like Freedom too
Now Reading: finishing umpteenth re-read of All the Weyrs
Default Looking for some quick info on Freedom Books

One of the big dangers of researching for fanfic writing is that reading the original source material is ADDICTIVE!

By chance, does anyone remember which specific book (and the approximate point in the book) mentions the names and cultures of the other colonized worlds?

I'm noodling a Freedom Fanfic that is set on one of those other worlds and I want to match things up reasonably well
Cherokee43v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25 2011, 11:20 PM   #2
kevia
Ballybran Resident

Tuner

Fan of: Nimisha's Ship
Now Reading: Crystal Line
Default Re: Looking for some quick info on Freedom Books

I just re-read those a couple weeks ago. I think what you are looking for is in the third book, Freedom's Challenge. Okay, the first mention of them is on page 209. The names of the worlds are Dystopia, NoName, and Dorado. The other mention I remember is on pgs 246 - 247. It describes a bit more about the worlds. It isn't much, but IIRC that's all there is.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 27 2011, 10:58 PM   #3
Cherokee43v6
Darbul

Fan of: Pern...I like Freedom too
Now Reading: finishing umpteenth re-read of All the Weyrs
Default Re: Looking for some quick info on Freedom Books

Thanks! That's what I was looking for

Now to get my writing properly assembled... I'm branching out from my historical fanficing where I build a story around known elements. Instead I'm trying to write something original in a 'comfortable setting' to see if I can break out eventually and actually write something completely original.
Cherokee43v6 is offline   Reply With Quote