A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Feb 6 2005, 08:09 AM   #1
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Anne McCaffrey in Greek

I need help... anybody read/speak Greek here, or do you know somebody who does?

I found an anthology that apparently has an Anne McCaffrey story in it but can't read the details:

Συγγραφέας: Zelazny Roger, McCaffrey Anne κ.ά.
Μετάφραση: Πανδή Αναστασία
Σελίδες: 283
Σχήμα: 14x23
Κωδικός : ΕΒ-00-426
ISBN : 960-306-386-Χ
Τιμή : 16,00 Eυρώ

Από όλα τα μυθικά πλάσματα ο δράκος είναι ίσως το πιο συναρπαστικό. Οι δράκοι μάς σαγηνεύουν με την ομορφιά και τη χάρη τους, μας συναρπάζουν με τη μαγεία τους, μας δελεάζουν με υποσχέσεις για παραμυθένιο πλούτο που προσφέρεται απλόχερα...
Στη συγκεκριμένη ανθολογία θα βρείτε 10 διηγήματα διάσημων συγγραφέων με πρωταγωνιστές δράκους. Τη συλλογή επιμελείται η Margaret Weis, μία από τους συγγραφείς της διάσημης σειράς «Dragonlance», ενώ περιλαμβάνονται έργα των Roger Zelazny, Anne McCaffrey, Orson Scott Card, L. Sprague de Camp, Esther M. Friesner, George R.R. Martin, eluki bes shahar, Lois Tilton, Craig Shaw Gardner, Gordon R. Dickson.

Here's the URL: http://www.anubis.gr/Books/default....9&sub0=2&sub1=0

I found out it is a translation of the anthology: Dragons: The Greatest Stories

But I'll leave it here just in case somebody is interested, I am!

If you are curious you can go here and read more about the anthology in the English version.

The Greek book is special in the sense that it is the first Greek book with an Anne McCaffrey story I've encountered although there seems to be (a possible illegal) translation of the Smallest Dragonboy...

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6 2005, 05:39 PM   #2
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman
Default Re: Anne McCaffrey in Greek

have you tried an online translator like Babel fish?
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14 2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts

Babelfish doesn't have a Greek translator, last I looked. But my favorite source for these is www.yourdictionary.com/languages.html

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19 2005, 03:49 PM   #4
Dux
Renegade

Here's what I was able to get:

From all fabulous creatures the dragon is perhaps most fascinating. Dra'koj our saginey'oyn with the beauty and their charm, us they fascinate with their magic, us they seduce with promises for paramyce'njo wealth that is offered
generously...
In the particular anthology you will find 10 short stories of famous
writers with protagonists dra'koys. The collection takes care of the Margaret Weis, one of the writers of famous line "Dragonlance", while is included work Roger Zelazny, Anne McCaffrey, Orson Scott Card, L. Sprague de Camp, Esther M. Friesner, George R.R. Martin, eluki bes shahar, Lois Tilton, Craig Shaw Gardner, Gordon R. Dickson

Clearly it isn't perfect - but the gist is there. I usually use worldlingo.com. I find it useful when sending post cards out to Birgit's Aunt - she doesn't read English, so I try to send a message written in German.
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote