A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 22 2008, 03:19 PM   #2361
kevia
Ballybran Resident

Tuner
 
kevia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Nimisha's Ship
Now Reading: Crystal Line
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Oh, he is precious!!!
__________________
Kevia
kevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22 2008, 07:26 PM   #2362
Sandi
Senior Member

 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Gender: F
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing him with us!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 06:12 AM   #2363
Maleus
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France, close to Paris
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: Green Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Brown Re : Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Hi guys,

I am coming back from a long exile period from the Internet, finally catching up with what's related to Pern (even if it's not much, I'm afraid ). Some of you might remember me, since I was quite active in the past on the Pernsphere at some time. Something like... 4 or 5 years ago? Geez, like they said in ancient Roma, "Tempus fugit": time flows My nickname was Meus and I have a (now old looking) Pern website, mostly french-speacking but some part in english (http://www.pern.info). It deserves updating, but I still have to work on tiny things like php, sql, java, flash or other subtleties for web-oriented objects...

My life has been quite restless in the past few years. I quit a computer engineering company for another, performed missions in several large company, and this took most of my time. I also have been adopted by a cat (My opinion is it is the cat who choose you and not the contrary ), a black princess I named Gaïa, from the controversial hypothesis that all living things form a giant autoregulated organism (it always makes me think to the Petaybee planet from the Forces series). And above all, I met my lifemate and this took me far from computers and Pern as well

Since then, I was able to buy all Anne and Todd's books based on the 3rd Pass, and I have only Dragonheart left to read. I try to find the last Acornas and Petaybee II books I miss. I also ordered the 2nd CD with Menolly inspired music made by Tania and Mike, looking forward the day I'll see it in my mailbox

Before I begin to say too many nonsenses , I'll first try to dive in discussions again, just so I can refresh my memories. Then I might participate more. I hope you won't mind me asking silly questions about what's new around here

I'm glad to be back
And Happy Holidays to you all!

Maleus
Maleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 08:10 AM   #2364
Hans
Master Archivist
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Ooooohh, welcome back Francois! Err... Meus

Very good to have you (back) on board!

Folks, Meus is and AncientBee from the original alt.fan.pern newsnet newsgroup when bulletin boards still had to be invented
__________________
Hans, also known as Elrhan, Master Archivist

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 04:56 PM   #2365
edith
Dragonrider


Weyrwoman
 
edith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Delft
Gender: F
Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome back!
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 05:17 PM   #2366
Anneli
Weyrwoman
 
Anneli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Shropshire
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Dragonflight
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Great to have you onboard again, like Hans I remember you from the pre-BB days
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 07:29 PM   #2367
Cheryl
Master Archivist
 
Cheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

François! It's great to see you! I'm so glad you've joined up!

People around here know of you, since we frequently reference your cover artwork site.
__________________
Visit one of the other sites of Cheryl's Anne McCaffrey Triad:
Sariel's Guide to Pern: a detailed guide to the series
The Many Works of Anne McCaffrey: largest fan site about Anne and ALL of her works
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 08:52 PM   #2368
Brendon
Inactive
 
Brendon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Washington
Gender: M
Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Dragonflight
Gold Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Hi, i'm the 18 year old son who was introduced to Anne McCaffrey and her works by my mother, starting with a little book called Dragonsong about 6 years ago. i was so thrilled with the harper hall trilogy that i decided that i must read the rest of her Pern Books.... and am now the proud owner of every Pern book there is. however, my fascination did not stop there. i was so infatuated with her science fiction/fantasy literature that i continued on to read the Pegasus books and then the Rowan books. Dragons remain my favorite subject, however, so i can confidently proclaim the Dragonriders of Pern as my favorite books.
Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 10:40 PM   #2369
kevia
Ballybran Resident

Tuner
 
kevia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Nimisha's Ship
Now Reading: Crystal Line
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Maleus and Brendan,

__________________
Kevia
kevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24 2008, 11:50 PM   #2370
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome back Maleus and welcome to the board Brendon

__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25 2008, 08:29 AM   #2371
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman
 
jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Gender: F
Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

A BIG HEARTY WELCOME TO BOTH OF YOU! Have fun and enjoy all our meanderings along the way
__________________
Dolphineer Journeywoman and part-time researcher....

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25 2008, 04:53 PM   #2372
elvenart
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: memphis,tn
Gender: M
Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: The Planet Pirates omnibus
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Hello all. I'm Elvenart here , mnementh2000 other places on the net, and David IRL. I live in Memphis , Tn , am 32 , and have been a fan of A.M. for near on 17 or 18 years. I read alot as a youngster, then as with many kids, lost interest in reading for a while. I was visiting my grandmother at about 15 or 16 and saw a copy of Dragonsinger on her lamp table , and since she lamented my loss of interest in reading , I borrowed it and was hooked on her books. Now , I own most of the Pern series, minus Todd's works although I have read most of them. I've read her Talent series , with the exception of the last of the Lyon's Pride books. I recently acquired the Planet Pirate omnibus after much searching , since I was only able to get a hold of one or two of the individual books.

My hobbies include remote control model airplanes, art , and of course reading. My wife agrees with 2 of the three hobbies, however sh e dislikes the airplanes. They can be large, messy , and in the way. My art tends to lean more toward the fantastic , esp. since Anne was a major influence on me with her books.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, since my wife , who loves reading (Star Wars, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, etc.) , does not share my love of McCaffrey's beautiful works.
elvenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25 2008, 07:40 PM   #2373
Cheryl
Master Archivist
 
Cheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Official welcomes to Brendon and Elvenart! We're happy to have you join our merry crowd!
__________________
Visit one of the other sites of Cheryl's Anne McCaffrey Triad:
Sariel's Guide to Pern: a detailed guide to the series
The Many Works of Anne McCaffrey: largest fan site about Anne and ALL of her works
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25 2008, 07:59 PM   #2374
kevia
Ballybran Resident

Tuner
 
kevia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Nimisha's Ship
Now Reading: Crystal Line
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Elvenart,

__________________
Kevia
kevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25 2008, 10:57 PM   #2375
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman
 
jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Gender: F
Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

OOhhhh most welcome and salutations to all.....
__________________
Dolphineer Journeywoman and part-time researcher....

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26 2008, 02:32 AM   #2376
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Hey elvenart, welcome aboard the board
__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26 2008, 02:44 PM   #2377
edith
Dragonrider


Weyrwoman
 
edith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Delft
Gender: F
Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome Brendon and Elvenart!
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27 2008, 02:49 AM   #2378
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman
 
jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Gender: F
Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Hoping that there's a few slices left of the chocky ripple cake and hoping that P'ter hasn't eaten it all. Looks in fridge......
__________________
Dolphineer Journeywoman and part-time researcher....

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27 2008, 04:27 PM   #2379
Danel
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Gender: M
Fan of: Harperhall Trilogy
Now Reading: The Crown by Deborah Chester
Default About me, new to MoM

I've been a lurker on these forums for years. If I had a dragon it's name would probably be Stealeth or Hideth! Or more appropiately, Lazyth

I've been an avid reader of Fantasy/Sci Fi since I was 18. Got a late start at it as my dislexia sort of spoiled my reading and writing experiences during school. The three most prominent authors that got me into reading were Issac Azimov (Foundation Series), Aurthor C. Clark (Narnia, Songs of a Distant Earth), and Anne Macaffery.

Also among my favorites are Terry Goodkind and David & Leigh Eddings (Although they both got a bit repetative toward the end of thier series)

As to other things, I'm a computer programmer, anything from Mainframes to PC and Web development, and I for for 'The Man'. Well atleast my local 'The Man'. I tinker around with fishing, computer games, and writing (including a few short stories), own three dogs and am staff for a cat. I also am, Well was (untill the DMCA gets fixed), a Metal DJ for a internet radio station.

Anyway look forward to being a little more active here, and not such a shadowy figure. (I've lurked here cassualy since the turn of the millenia)
Danel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27 2008, 04:57 PM   #2380
Cheryl
Master Archivist
 
Cheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)
Default Re: About me, new to MoM

Welcome, Danel! It's wonderful that you've decided to come out of the shadows of lurkdom and join in our discussions!
__________________
Visit one of the other sites of Cheryl's Anne McCaffrey Triad:
Sariel's Guide to Pern: a detailed guide to the series
The Many Works of Anne McCaffrey: largest fan site about Anne and ALL of her works
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27 2008, 09:39 PM   #2381
kevia
Ballybran Resident

Tuner
 
kevia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Nimisha's Ship
Now Reading: Crystal Line
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Danel,

__________________
Kevia
kevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28 2008, 06:44 AM   #2382
edith
Dragonrider


Weyrwoman
 
edith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Delft
Gender: F
Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome Danel!
Asimov and Clarke are some of my favourites too
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28 2008, 07:32 AM   #2383
Hans
Master Archivist
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome Danel
__________________
Hans, also known as Elrhan, Master Archivist

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28 2008, 02:45 PM   #2384
Sandi
Senior Member

 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Gender: F
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

No need to be shy, Danel. We're a friendly bunch here. Pop on over to the Amsterdam HQ and prop your feet up. We'll have the fire lit and a cozy chair just for you!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29 2008, 12:04 PM   #2385
Dernok
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duisburg
Gender: M
Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Default Re: About me, new to MoM

Welcom Danel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danel View Post
As to other things, I'm a computer programmer, anything from Mainframes to PC and Web development
Great! Another one! We're slowly taking over this forum!

--
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Dernok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30 2008, 11:26 PM   #2386
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster
 
mawra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CONCORD VA
Gender: F
Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

WELCOME! all newbies and returning people. We seem to have gotten a lot of new people lately. Please make yourselves at home. Benden wine can be found at headquarters, unless of course P'ter and Hans has drank it all, AGAIN.
__________________
November is write a 50,000 (or more) word novel, so
go write


MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE


SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME


DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31 2008, 04:07 PM   #2387
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling
 
Weyrlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sedona, Arizona USA
Gender: F
Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome to all! I totally agree with you, Maneus (sp??), about the cat choosing his/her "staff". :-)
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31 2008, 09:52 PM   #2388
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome aboard Danel.

At least Cheryl has anoter Compie Geek to call on now
__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1 2009, 01:17 AM   #2389
Cheryl
Master Archivist
 
Cheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Call on for what?
__________________
Visit one of the other sites of Cheryl's Anne McCaffrey Triad:
Sariel's Guide to Pern: a detailed guide to the series
The Many Works of Anne McCaffrey: largest fan site about Anne and ALL of her works
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1 2009, 01:34 AM   #2390
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster
 
GinnyStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wausau, WI USA, Central Standard Time
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Wellcome to all new and returning members

I be busy and still well be buzy packing and moving to a new place within the same complex by Feb 1 2009.
__________________
Lover s s, s and friends
Lover of and beads,
http://www.change.org/profiles/GinnyStar
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1 2009, 04:34 PM   #2391
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Call on for what?
Well, ya never know now do ya.
__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1 2009, 06:27 PM   #2392
Jax
Talent


Latent Talent
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane
Gender: F
Fan of: DDawn 1st read, love all
Now Reading: MagicKingdom4salesold ArtemisF
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleus View Post
Hi guys,

I am coming back from a long exile period from the Internet, finally catching up with what's related to Pern (even if it's not much, I'm afraid ). Some of you might remember me, since I was quite active in the past on the Pernsphere at some time. Something like... 4 or 5 years ago? Geez, like they said in ancient Roma, "Tempus fugit": time flows My nickname was Meus and I have a (now old looking) Pern website, mostly french-speacking but some part in english (http://www.pern.info). It deserves updating, but I still have to work on tiny things like php, sql, java, flash or other subtleties for web-oriented objects...

My life has been quite restless in the past few years. I quit a computer engineering company for another, performed missions in several large company, and this took most of my time. I also have been adopted by a cat (My opinion is it is the cat who choose you and not the contrary ), a black princess I named Gaïa, from the controversial hypothesis that all living things form a giant autoregulated organism (it always makes me think to the Petaybee planet from the Forces series). And above all, I met my lifemate and this took me far from computers and Pern as well

Since then, I was able to buy all Anne and Todd's books based on the 3rd Pass, and I have only Dragonheart left to read. I try to find the last Acornas and Petaybee II books I miss. I also ordered the 2nd CD with Menolly inspired music made by Tania and Mike, looking forward the day I'll see it in my mailbox

Before I begin to say too many nonsenses , I'll first try to dive in discussions again, just so I can refresh my memories. Then I might participate more. I hope you won't mind me asking silly questions about what's new around here

I'm glad to be back
And Happy Holidays to you all!

Maleus
Aah Meus it is good to see you here! We have used your covers website many a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
Hi, i'm the 18 year old son who was introduced to Anne McCaffrey and her works by my mother, starting with a little book called Dragonsong about 6 years ago. i was so thrilled with the harper hall trilogy that i decided that i must read the rest of her Pern Books.... and am now the proud owner of every Pern book there is. however, my fascination did not stop there. i was so infatuated with her science fiction/fantasy literature that i continued on to read the Pegasus books and then the Rowan books. Dragons remain my favorite subject, however, so i can confidently proclaim the Dragonriders of Pern as my favorite books.
Hey there Brendon, welcome welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenart View Post
Hello all. I'm Elvenart here , mnementh2000 other places on the net, and David IRL. I live in Memphis , Tn , am 32 , and have been a fan of A.M. for near on 17 or 18 years. I read alot as a youngster, then as with many kids, lost interest in reading for a while. I was visiting my grandmother at about 15 or 16 and saw a copy of Dragonsinger on her lamp table , and since she lamented my loss of interest in reading , I borrowed it and was hooked on her books. Now , I own most of the Pern series, minus Todd's works although I have read most of them. I've read her Talent series , with the exception of the last of the Lyon's Pride books. I recently acquired the Planet Pirate omnibus after much searching , since I was only able to get a hold of one or two of the individual books.

My hobbies include remote control model airplanes, art , and of course reading. My wife agrees with 2 of the three hobbies, however sh e dislikes the airplanes. They can be large, messy , and in the way. My art tends to lean more toward the fantastic , esp. since Anne was a major influence on me with her books.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, since my wife , who loves reading (Star Wars, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, etc.) , does not share my love of McCaffrey's beautiful works.
Shame that your wife doesn't share your enjoyment of Anne's work Elvenart, but you can rest assured that we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danel View Post
I've been a lurker on these forums for years. If I had a dragon it's name would probably be Stealeth or Hideth! Or more appropiately, Lazyth

I've been an avid reader of Fantasy/Sci Fi since I was 18. Got a late start at it as my dislexia sort of spoiled my reading and writing experiences during school. The three most prominent authors that got me into reading were Issac Azimov (Foundation Series), Aurthor C. Clark (Narnia, Songs of a Distant Earth), and Anne Macaffery.

Also among my favorites are Terry Goodkind and David & Leigh Eddings (Although they both got a bit repetative toward the end of thier series)

As to other things, I'm a computer programmer, anything from Mainframes to PC and Web development, and I for for 'The Man'. Well atleast my local 'The Man'. I tinker around with fishing, computer games, and writing (including a few short stories), own three dogs and am staff for a cat. I also am, Well was (untill the DMCA gets fixed), a Metal DJ for a internet radio station.

Anyway look forward to being a little more active here, and not such a shadowy figure. (I've lurked here cassualy since the turn of the millenia)
Welcome Danel! What prompted you to emerge from the woodwork?
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1 2009, 10:58 PM   #2393
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman
 
jube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Gender: F
Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Pst Danel, Narnia was written by CS Lewis but I'd still like to welcome you and everybody who has emerged since I last replied to this thread....
__________________
Dolphineer Journeywoman and part-time researcher....

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2 2009, 03:00 AM   #2394
Oldwolf
Crafter
 
Oldwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Gender: M
Fan of: Crystal singer and Pern
Now Reading: The Return of Halley's Comet by Moore & Mason
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Cheryl, can we please have a Starsmiths Board here? so those of us who are astronomers can rack up rank ?
__________________
Nick de 2E0LUN/KC2VWR
"We'll run the course from Stonehenge up to Uffington
On a white chalk horse we'll ride
No fear have I of Faerie, sprite or mortal man
If you are by my side"

Back to top
Oldwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2 2009, 10:39 PM   #2395
SteveCampsOut
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Gender: M
Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Juggler of Worlds
New member, Old Fan

Well since I didn't notice any forums dedicated to new members introducing themselves I hope this fits in here. I've been a fan of Anne's since Junior High in the 70's. I even was bold enough to write her a couple fan letters and got back some fun Dragon postcard replies that I still cherish. Just thought I should introduce myself so the mods know I'm not a spammer.
SteveCampsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3 2009, 04:50 AM   #2396
Hans
Master Archivist
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Hmm, maybe a sub of Exhibit Hall, seeing as to OldWolf likes to share his pics and findings?
__________________
Hans, also known as Elrhan, Master Archivist

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3 2009, 11:09 AM   #2397
Cheryl
Master Archivist
 
Cheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Hmm, maybe Hans. Oldwolf, what is it that you envision doing on/with a Starsmith board?
__________________
Visit one of the other sites of Cheryl's Anne McCaffrey Triad:
Sariel's Guide to Pern: a detailed guide to the series
The Many Works of Anne McCaffrey: largest fan site about Anne and ALL of her works
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3 2009, 11:10 AM   #2398
Cheryl
Master Archivist
 
Cheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)
Default Re: New member, Old Fan

Welcome to MoM, Steve!
__________________
Visit one of the other sites of Cheryl's Anne McCaffrey Triad:
Sariel's Guide to Pern: a detailed guide to the series
The Many Works of Anne McCaffrey: largest fan site about Anne and ALL of her works
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3 2009, 11:39 AM   #2399
Hans
Master Archivist
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome "on board", Steve
__________________
Hans, also known as Elrhan, Master Archivist

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3 2009, 11:40 AM   #2400
Kerianth
Member
Jewel Junk
 
Kerianth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland
Gender: F
Default Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

Welcome to all the new members from (not-so) sunny Scotland!
__________________
"I love housework. It fascinates me. I can sit and stare at it for hours."
~ with apologies to Jerome K. Jerome ~

Cibryen Weyr
Kerianth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rhodalle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

A Meeting of Minds forum owned by Cheryl B. Miller.
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey’s fiction are copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2008, all rights reserved, and used by permission of the author.