A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café > Café Archives
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 11 2007, 08:24 PM   #1
Seanie
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: Glenda Larke - Mirrage Makers
Default Show us your Bookshelves!!!

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has allready been posted but i couldnt find anything similar so decided to start a thread... Basically, its as the title says, show us pics of ur bookshelves

I havnt read any of Anne's work for a while, & after posting on here have been wanting to re-visit Pern so i asked a friend from work to bring me in some of Anne's books (unfortunately i dont own any of her books - YET)... I was expecting her to bring me 2 or 3 books but she turned up with 17! Not as exciting as new books for my bookshelf, but still pretty exciting for me so i took a pic of them to post here:

But thats not really the purpose of this thread, i wanna see ur entire collections!!!

Mines not displayed that well so not real easy to show coz i dont have much room @ my place, so only one bookshelf & books are 3 deep on a few of my shelves ... Its sad coz i cant show off all my faves (they're all in alphabetical order by author so my faves arent always at the front) Here are a couple of pics anyway:

Thats only 3 of the 4 shelves, the bottom one is hidden behind stuff

I have a couple of my special books on my desk too:

& While i'm showin off These are my 'ology' books so far (& the model dragon that came with one of the books), they're all "Dragonology" except for the one "Wizardology Handbook" but i plan on gettin the whole "ology" collection coz they'r so pretty:

Anyhoo, thats enough about me & my collection, i wanna see all of yours!!!
Seanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11 2007, 11:35 PM   #2
Moonlady
Triumping over Hell

Fan of: Crystal Singer series
Now Reading: Spirit Dances by CE Murphy
Default Re: Show us your Bookshelves!!!

No pictures, but my bookshelves reflect my ecclectic collection. I have Anne & Todd McCaffrey, Frank Herbert, Douglas Adams, Rebecca Rowe, Babylon 5 books, Star Trek DS9 books, SF's Battlestar Galactica's books, Madeleine L'Engle, Catherine Asaro, Mercedes Lackey, J.K. Rowling, Robin McKinley, C.E. Murphy, Laura Anne Gilman, Tamora Pierce, Rochelle Krich. Those are some of the authors and series I can think of.

I have books on Judaism -- lifestyle, practice, wisdom, literature, Talmud study, fiction, etc.

Historical Fiction, Non Fiction, Memiors, History, and other genres. I love a good story whether based in fact or fiction. Also, I love to learn more about life, my religion, and other peoples culture and religion.
Old Feb 12 2007, 05:31 AM   #3
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman

My book collection is spread between three bookcases, lots of boxes and 2 buildings!
Apart from sf- I have stuff by Anne (of course), Asimov, Poul Anderson, AE Van Vogt, Arthur C Clarke, and oldish anthologies-
I have some 1930s crime, some more sensible stuff, 2 1st editions John Buchan books, lots of 1930s/1940s stuff, some napoleonic naval things, and of course, physics books,
can't really catalogue them all!
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12 2007, 08:55 AM   #4
sjslack
Inactive

Now Reading: as usual

My grandfather and I share shelves, and I've read at least 75% of the books he has...plus my own books which he has no interest in. (Eddings, McCaffrey, Kellerman etc).

I'll see if I can get my camera sorted today...I've got to find ym cable...I live in a bungalow but we have a loft conversion for our studies, so we have a bookshelf running down one side of the attic...^^
sjslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12 2007, 02:07 PM   #5
ilona
Glow

Having too many books all over the house there is no way I could take photos of all my bookshelves. Suffice to say I have two walls in one room covered in books plus two 5ft shelves in another room and a box of books upstairs that I haven't got shelf room for
ilona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12 2007, 03:29 PM   #6
sjslack
Inactive

Here is my grandfathers' side of the attic...I'd say around 50% of those books are his, and 50% are mine.

(And the other part since I couldn't fit it all on one photograph...^^; )

And here's my side...I don't have room for any more shelving to be put up...although I do have one more shelf of books to the extreme left of this photograph.

We also have a few shelves of books downstairs, and one or two boxes knocking around somewhere out of sight...^^
Old Feb 12 2007, 03:34 PM   #7
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts

I have two bookshelves, but due to their location, it took five photos to get all of both shelves.

Top shelf, bookshelf 1: Mostly McCaffrey and Moon, with Julie E. Czerneda taking up the rest.

Shelves 2 and 3: Lisanne Norman, Tara K. Harper, LeGuin, Jack McDevitt, DS9

Shelves 4 and 5: Voyager and part of my hardcover collection. Again, mostly McCaffrey and Moon. I pulled Czerneda's Survival off so the others would be visible. My audiobook collection and some Trek books are on the bottom too.

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12 2007, 03:46 PM   #8
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts

Now the other bookshelf. I was able to get it in two pictures because it's farther from the wall and my desk. Just have the corner of the bed blocking the lower shelf.

The rest of my Star Trek books, except the hardcovers. I've got TOS, TNG, ENT, Titan, and anything else I forgot to mention.

The Trek hardcovers and other miscalleneous books, mostly SF.

Oh and the two books between the bookshelves are some space-related stuff my greataunt got me.

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12 2007, 04:45 PM   #9
Emma-Jayde
Inactive

Fan of: Pern and Crystal Singer
Now Reading: LotR, when I have the time.

I'll take some photos as soon as I go home
Very nice collections, people
Emma-Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12 2007, 07:17 PM   #10
Allana
Dragonrider

Candidate

Fan of: Crystal, Pern, Dino P.

Wow, incredible collections!! I have alot of books, but not as much as some of you! I would take pictures, but most of my books are in scattered piles around the house. Except my McCaffrey ones...they're tucked safely into a bookshelf of their own
Allana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13 2007, 01:47 AM   #11
Seanie
Inactive

Ooooh, i'm very jelous!!! One day i'll have enough space & enough books to spread them over many bookshelves & rooms!!! I have it so easy livin with mum n dad that i'd be silly to move out, but when i do, theres gonna have to be a spare room for a library, then i can start buildin on my collection, lol... At the moment, mum groans evry time i get a new book catalogue & evry time i mention buying a new book she tells me i have no room for any more books...
Old Feb 14 2007, 01:28 AM   #12
ghyle
Hrruban
Eighth Hrruban Speaker

Fan of: Pern & Freedom
Now Reading: The Umbrella Club / David Brooks

She sounds like my mum, Seanie, and I have my own place.

I'll have to borrow her camera to photograph my bookshelves, though. I ain't got one of my own.
ghyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14 2007, 07:23 AM   #13
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)

Great idea for a thread. I'll have to decide if my shelves are in a fit state to be photographed.....
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14 2007, 07:52 AM   #14
Hans
Master Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Great idea for a thread. I'll have to decide if my shelves are in a fit state to be photographed.....
If they are filled, you mean?

I'll make photographing my shelves a project for when I'm back from my short holiday. It's not something easily done in a few minutes

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14 2007, 08:43 AM   #15
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Oh, they're more than filled, that's the problem. They look like a disaster zone, which is not the right image for a happy-collector/website-owner.
Old Feb 14 2007, 09:21 AM   #16
Hans
Master Archivist

You mean the new shelves filled? Then you worked hard!

If the old shelves are overpacked you have the legitimate excuse of grasping and often grubby, innocent but often disastrous little children's hands

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Feb 14 2007, 10:14 AM   #17
Cheryl
Master Archivist

I haven't had the chance to move anything to the newly free small bookcase in the guest bedroom. I shall soon though, now that our guests are gone and new ones not expected for 3 weeks.
Old Feb 14 2007, 11:03 AM   #18
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)

No pictures, but I don't consider my books a collection anyway...I have one five-shelf bookshelf with the bottom three shelves with books, some on the shelf the right way, some shoved on top of those, a three shelf bookshelf filled with stuff shoved on top or sitting on the floor next to it in stacks, and then there are several file boxes in the closet. And then there's all the shelves and boxes and the basement at my parents'.
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16 2007, 02:14 AM   #19
Emma-Jayde
Inactive

Well, back home for the weekend, so here goes

That shelf has Terry Pratchett (I have all of his, but some are still packed in boxes), Frank Herbert and some Brian Herbert/Kevin J. Anderson, a few Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Stephen Donaldson, Douglas Adams, George Orwell, Ian Irvine, George R.R. Martin (book four is on loan to my father at the moment) and Tad Williams.

This one has a series of clear perspex shelves my father made, which you can't actually see in the photo.
It has my Robin Hobb/Megan Lindholm, Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, Traci Harding, Raymond E. Feist, David/Leigh Eddings, Philip Pullman, Janny Wurts and some David Gemmell (again, the rest are in boxes)

This one contains a random assortment of books... Including Thomas Harris, Shakespeare, some of the Greek playwrights and Alexandre Dumas.

This shelf was kinda hard to get at for a photo. It's another one that has bits and pieces of everything, including Cecilia Dart-Thornton, Isobelle Carmody, The Redwall books that had been published by the time I was about 11, Tamora Pierce, Louisa M. Alcott, the Bronte sisters, Johanna Spyri and Anna Sewell
Old Feb 16 2007, 02:18 AM   #20
Emma-Jayde
Inactive

And this is my favourite bookshelf
About half of my Anne McCaffrey collection, some compilations, Mervyn Peake, H.G. Wells and Robert Jordan.

I've also got some books in a shelf downstairs, and a bunch of boxes in the garage.
Old Feb 16 2007, 05:36 AM   #21
Jax
Talent

Latent Talent

Fan of: DDawn 1st read, love all
Now Reading: MagicKingdom4salesold ArtemisF

Interesting thread!! I only have one picture and can't take any more as my books are packed away in boxes back in NZ, this picture was taken sometime after I received this bookcase for my 21st birthday, back in 2001 now, by the time I left NZ in 2003, the bookcase was pretty full, and I've picked up odds and ends along the way, my collection is now strewn across the globe

My older brother made the bookcase for me, my parents paid for the wood - I love it, I miss it, and he's now using it at his place I'm pretty sure since he's looking after my stuff.

Okay, I give up trying to make it a picture in the thread
[I got it, Jaxie! --Cheryl]

Last edited by Cheryl; Feb 16 2007 at 07:41 AM. Reason: changed link to IMG code
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16 2007, 05:49 PM   #22
Holi
Inactive

Location: In a cave with just a PC and a wireless internet, and a massive stack o' books!
Now Reading: Pern, and Loving every minute!

My bookcase is as usual, full, and I am still using most of the books from the Library, but you gotta be prepared when the Holidays come.

A list, I've got Garth Nix, Sheryl Jordan, Michelle Paver, Phillip Pullman, some Asimov, and Terry Pratchett.
My Anne McCaffrey Books are in a hollow in my bed, I read mostly at night, and excepts from certain books, and I cannot be bothered to get out of bed to get to the bookshelf, better to keep them in a corner of my bed in easy reach.
That probably sounded really strange but it works

I would take a picture, but I don't have a Photo sharing account, and I'm not sure how to attach them anyway
Holi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17 2007, 12:08 PM   #23
Seanie
Inactive

WOW Emma-Jayde! Ur collection looks so pretty!!! I hope that I'll have enough space & be able to show mine off that well some day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Great idea for a thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
Interesting thread!!
Thanx guys,

I'v seen a similar thread on annother forum & i found it really interesting to see other ppl's collections & how they're kept... Plus when i got the bag of Anne's books i wanted to express my excitement to ppl who would understand!!!

I almost didnt post this coz I get a bit intimidated on forums where i dont know any1, so starting a new thread was scary for me

So thanx again for posting & enjoying! I'm really glad u like the thread
Old Feb 17 2007, 12:32 PM   #24
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

don't worry! We don't bite- that much

Here's my uni bookcase, so its mainly textbooks.
At the moment the top shelf has an anthology, Margery Allingham, Isaac Asimov, 1 Poul Anderson, John Buchan, Arthur C Clarke, David Eddings and the Last Hero and a book on the history of computing (the last two are too big for even my bookcase)
Middle shelf contains More Eddings, The New World of Mr Tompkins, Brighton Rock, something, Fremder, Anne stuff, a book on stats, 2 Analogs
Bottom shelf contains a pile of books for the Dragon 32 (hidden), more Anne, Terry Pratchett, Cloudspotter's Guide, Dorothy L Sayers, Wheelers (Ian Stewert and Jack Cohen- very good, but OBVIOUSLY written by scientists), the rest are physics textbooks and they are heavy!

sorry for the poor picure quality- the room isn't well lit.

Last edited by edith; Feb 17 2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: an apology
Old Feb 18 2007, 07:57 PM   #25
Seanie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith View Post
don't worry! We don't bite- that much
Tehehehe, yeah i noticed, i havnt been bitten or attacked with a pitchfork or blown up or anything yet...

I was just nervous coz ppl seem to wanna flame newbies on alot of the forums i'v posted on... I guess its just them gettin territorial which i can relate to, lol...

But u guys all seem pretty friendly
Old Feb 18 2007, 10:27 PM   #26
ghyle
Hrruban
Eighth Hrruban Speaker

Fan of: Pern & Freedom
Now Reading: The Umbrella Club / David Brooks

It helps to remember that we were newbies once, too. At least it does, for me.
ghyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20 2007, 05:09 AM   #27
Brightwing
Inactive

Well, here are mine. They have an assortment of books, but most of the fantasy / sci-fi novels are on the two short shelves, which are stacked two rows deep. The tall central shelves only have on them what you can see (no books hidden behind) and the tall shelves to the right have DVDs on them, with only three box sets of books on the very top.

I have to admit I'm acquiring hardcopy books at a much reduced rate now and tend to get e-books to read on my iPAQ instead.

Last edited by Brightwing; Feb 20 2007 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Picture not working, last sentence added.
Brightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20 2007, 10:19 AM   #28
Jayru
Inactive

Location: A cozy house in the dales of Debyshire, in little old England
Fan of: The Pern Saga
Now Reading: No time to read, am writing!

Once I finish re-aranging the books shelves, will have to get the camera out -

Aside from McCaffrey (both of them), my shelves have books by King, Doyle, Pratchett, Cooper, Barker - and many others. Have a nice comic collection as well (valid form of reading, believe me!)

Nice to see that so many people still bother to read, rather then wait for the "film version"...
Jayru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20 2007, 10:27 AM   #29
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

I have no patience with films. Though Nick'll complain over my ability to watch 9 out of 12 episodes of the new "classic" Doctor Who boxset almost non-stop!

Actually, thats probably due to the same reason I get bored with films but can read for hours- you can have more interesting and involved plot, more character- though I do like the Asimov method of cutting down the character-it adds more mystery and lets you fill it in, and generally more involvement with the story! (At least that's what I keep telling myself)
Old Feb 20 2007, 11:44 AM   #30
Jayru
Inactive

Location: A cozy house in the dales of Debyshire, in little old England
Fan of: The Pern Saga
Now Reading: No time to read, am writing!

As promised, some snaps of the shelves....

Three out of what will one day be six book cases (the others are still flatpacked...)

Pern obvioulsy has pride of place....

The beginnings of what will be a complete Dark Tower collection (thanks to eBay) - and the first shelf of ordanary books

and the rest...

A bone of contention between Dave and I - he wants space for his computer books. I've suggested he sorts the study out so he can put some shelving in, as I plan to have ALL my books out in this house. As you can see, I had to compromise... not for long though...

@ edith - a friend got me the a box set of the first three William Hartnel Dr Who adventures. Wonderful stuff. Love the old black and white stuff!
Jayru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20 2007, 12:58 PM   #31
sjslack
Inactive

...I think I need new bookshelves...^^;

My grandfather and I have just been out and have come back with another carrier-bag full of books...and now he has nowhere to put them because his 'to be read' shelf is overflowing...xD

He's behind me at this moment, trying to hammer in a new shelf in my area of the attic...xD
Old Feb 20 2007, 09:46 PM   #32
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

I am low on books right now but did have all of the Pern books in hard back. I had a fire 2 years ago and lost them all and haven't been able to replace them yet. I do have a few of the newer ones. I also have M. Lackey, Robert Asprin and had some Davis eddings. Right now I have a small bookshelf wich I keep the books I am currentyl reading on. Most of my other books are in boxes for now. Oh the joys of living in a small trailor.
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4 2007, 10:38 AM   #33
Hans
Master Archivist

Right, until the dormant window is fitted in the attic and the boxes with stuff from the attic are gone from the library/guestroom I can't show you pictures from there but I can show you the shelves elsewhere in the house. I've made some pictures yesterday. The computerroom is our second bookroom, so I'll take you there first:

This is my Windows PC workplace, the workplace I'm usually sitting at when visiting MoM:

These are the shelves directly above my Windows PC workplace. They hold general history and some regional history books maily.

When you turn left you can look out the window, but below the window sill I made shelves that exactly fit the space and hold history, genealogy and heraldry books of larger format.

To the left and above is a shelf that houses my modest dragon collection and some small non-book McCaffrey collectibles. Under that shelf is a special little section that houses the Dutch language Pern books (with some Dragonsblood incense sticks in front of them)

Beneath that is my Apple workspace. The back of the workspace is all lined with soft board so I can tag things to it, which includes some Pern stuff as you might notice.

Underneath the workspace there are shelves with boxes containing computer related magazines. To the left part of the collection of photo albums.

Above the Apple computer there are shelves with my dictionaries and language related books (and some clutter).

Between the Apple and my wife's computer workspace these shelves are located. The upper ones holding genealogy magazines and book series and some reprints of old books, the lower ones holding also some language related books and the bottom being formed by two special sections housing computer CDroms and DVD's.

To the left of that is my wife's workspace and some shelving above it with more genealogical and historical magazines and books.

Below my wife's workspace is more shelving with boxes holding genealogy magazines.

To the left of her workspace there's shelving from floor to ceiling with atlasses, boxes with correspondence (including Pern and McCaffrey stuff), oversized books, binders and on the top shelf more photo albums.

To the left of that is the main McCaffrey shelving with glass sliding doors and lights. This is directly opposite the window and that's why you see reflections in the glass doors. Top shelves have the Pern UK, US, Finnish, German and Dutch hardcovers and some trade paperbacks. Belows that two shelves of short story paperbacks and German and French paperbacks, below that US and UK paperbacks and on the lowest shelves (all are glass) more hardcovers (both Pern and some other series) and the computer games. Scattered in this case are different collectors items, both book, some magazines (the smaller pulps mostly) and non-book stuff.

Above the McCaffrey case is a shelf with more photo albums with pictures of travels and family.

Left of that is the door and left of the door is some shelving with binders with genealogical magazines near the ceiling but all other shelves hold Anne McCaffrey books. The shelf next to the top hold the two board games, too. The one below that the non-fiction stuff.

The lower shelves are dedicated to Annes non-Pern paperbacks.

Below that stands the network laserprinter and next to that a stack of Anne McCaffrey books and stuff to be sold.

Left to the printer is my Windows workspace again, so we've come full circle and you have seen most of the stuff in the computerroom.

Old Mar 4 2007, 12:58 PM   #34
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Finally got my messy messy shelves photographed. Here's the bulk of my McCaffrey collection:

And the rest of my most favorite fiction books. I do have more elsewhere in the house, somewhere....

Everything used to be laid out much nicer, but I had to give up shelves first as my children got mobile and then more as their possessions started accumulating. Someday soon I'll get to expand onto new shelves in our recently reclaimed guest room.
Old Mar 5 2007, 07:59 PM   #35
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Since I have so many different places in my house for books so I only took photos of my McCaffery collection and a one of my husbands Star Trek.

This is one of the photos that I took when I gathered all of my McCaffrey books together for the 40th anniversary photo...I have added to it since then.

This is one of the other book cases that holds some of my seconds and reading copies...and most importantly some of my dragons and pern photos.

This book case is only for part of the Star Trek collection the bigger books...the novels are in another book case with all of the comic books.

My art books are in the studio...but that will have to come later.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6 2007, 03:15 AM   #36
Hans
Master Archivist

Maelin, the prints and pictures in the seond photograph are so beautifully arranged, with the Master taking pride of place!

Please satisfy my curiosity... are those original prints or personal ones?

Old Mar 6 2007, 02:57 PM   #37
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Fan of: white dragon, tower/hive
Now Reading: Insurgent, The Last Apprentice, Damia (again)

Oh, my goodness. What collections! ::drools:: I certainly know what to work toward now. My collection is so humble at this point.
Hans, I love the see-thru case housing your books and is that an official picture of Anne above your workstation?
The dragon figs and statuetts in everyone's pictures are so great!
"Whatever zapped me seems to have burned off the outlived dross and stupidities any human collects along the way. I don't mind being two hundred and fifteen years old. In fact, it's fun, in a bizarre fashion."
Gwina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6 2007, 05:23 PM   #38
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Hans, Just personal...!!! I never knew that others exisited until Cheryl showed me hers. Someday I plan on doing my own painting of Master Robinton, although Robin's is fantastic...as is the rest of her work.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6 2007, 05:35 PM   #39
Hans
Master Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwina View Post
Oh, my goodness. What collections! ::drools:: I certainly know what to work toward now. My collection is so humble at this point.
Hans, I love the see-thru case housing your books and is that an official picture of Anne above your workstation?
The dragon figs and statuetts in everyone's pictures are so great!
Uhm yes, Gwina, I think you can say that's an official picture. Anne gave it to the hosts and admin of her Kitchen Table bulletin board (when that still existed a few years ago). It is inscribed "To archivist Hans, Anne McCaffrey" and Anne drew a little tulip on it (she was planning to visit me and the Dutch bulb fields at that moment in time, though not necessarily in that order )

I think there are actually better (close up) pics of that picture, but made for the frame somewhere in the book collector forum I think...

Old Mar 7 2007, 02:59 PM   #40
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Fan of: white dragon, tower/hive
Now Reading: Insurgent, The Last Apprentice, Damia (again)

Yes, that is what I was wondering. Thank you. I remember the Kitchen Table Bulletin. That's was very nice of her.
Gwina is offline   Reply With Quote