A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old May 5 2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Deanne
Eskay

Fan of: The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Stranger in a Strange Land
Default Bank Street Book of Fantasy

Hello......I recently acquired a paperback book published by Pocket Books, first printing September 1989 that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, including (unless I overlooked it) in Becky's collecting guide......it is called the Bank Street Book of Fantasy and contains several fully illustrated short stories......this is a comic book type format, the illustrations are all black/white........the first story in the book is Anne's The Smallest Dragonboy with the story adapted by Terry Bisson............At the bottom of the front cover it says "graphic story comics adapting the work of Anne McCaffrey and Nathaniel Hawthorne and other world-famous fantasy authors"....it is in very decent (not perfect) condition and does have a few library stamps in the very front....in all, not a bad copy but I had not heard of this one before!
Deanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2008, 09:09 AM   #2
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Bank Street Book of Fantasy

Deanne, it is in Hargreaves, age 228 (short fiction)

The Bank Street Book of Fantasy, Howard Zimemrman & Semour Reit & Barbara Brenner / editors. Published by Pocket Books, New York 1989.
A 25 page comic adaptation of the story fllowed by a one-page questio sheet on the story.
The story adaptation is by Terry Bisson, illustrations by Valerie Jones, Ken Hooper and Chris Schenck.

Depending on various (obvious) factors they usually sell for prices from $15 to $40.

Cheryl actually did a Collecting Highlight on this wonderful little comic book: click here

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2008, 10:48 PM   #3
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

WOW Hans... I'm glad I bought mine a few years ago, as thats certainly a lot more than the $1.00 each that I paid for my two copies, one of which Cheryl found for me...

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2008, 02:43 AM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Maelin, I have two copies too, one of which is one of my extra special and unique treasures

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2008, 11:06 PM   #5
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Hans... I need to get one of those unique treasures back to Cheryl as well...see I haven't really forgotten you Cheryl just a bit overwhelmed lately.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote