A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Old Jul 15 2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Nebula Award Stories Three

One of the few older anthologies that is missing in my Pern short story sub-collection is this book:

Nebula Award Stories Three, edited by Roger Zelazny. It's the oldest in a series of book with this title (with sometimes slight variations), published in 1968 by Doubleday & Co. It contains the short story Weyr Search.

If you happen to see one or if there's one in your attic, or in the one of your neighbours or friends, grab it and sell it to me please

I found this one in an attic, too... the author's attic So it wasn't to be mine.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18 2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Nina
Talent

Finder

Fan of: The Talent series
Now Reading: almost a book a day
Default Re: Nebula Award Stories Three

Hi Hans,

I have got the possiblity to buy this:

Nebula Award Vol. 3 1970 (5)

(5) is the worst condition but should be ok for collecting.

Would you like it?

The Rowan is my favourite!

"The name rowan is believed to derive from the Norse runa - "a charm". It was often planted outside houses to ward off witches. On May Day a spray of rowan leaves was hung over doors to repel evil, and wells dressed with rowan to keep witches away. The rowan, or mountain ash, is found commonly in Scotland, sometimes clinging to a rock face."
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18 2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

Nina, I would need to know how it looks; condition 5 doesn't mean anything to me. I would go by your judgement but only if you have personally seen it.

Also, are you sure it is this book, because there are several books with the same title and it needs to be the 1968 Doubleday hardcover because I've already got the others.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Jul 18 2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Nina
Talent

Finder

Fan of: The Talent series
Now Reading: almost a book a day

Hans,

It may not be the one you are looking for but I will buy it anyway since the cost is very low It is always fun to do some hunting

The Rowan is my favourite!

"The name rowan is believed to derive from the Norse runa - "a charm". It was often planted outside houses to ward off witches. On May Day a spray of rowan leaves was hung over doors to repel evil, and wells dressed with rowan to keep witches away. The rowan, or mountain ash, is found commonly in Scotland, sometimes clinging to a rock face."
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18 2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Hans
Master Archivist

Great

It'll give you a copy of the original Weyr Search story.