A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Library Foyer > The Information Desk and Suggestion Box

The Information Desk and Suggestion Box Do you have any feedback or suggestions to share about this site? Having any troubles or just a general question about the board? Let us know!

Old Dec 22 2021, 02:07 AM   #1
Lets Gather In Pern

Pronouns: She/her
Fan of: Dragonsong/Menolly Pern
Now Reading: Dodger
Default INVITE: Interactive Solstice Ritual on Pern(on Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com)

Greetings everyone,
I just found this lovely site on a search for Anne Mccaffrey book lover peers/friends.

Would love to have a holiday gather w/you all on zoom, or freeconferencecall.com, or some other free accessible medium ( but not type, as I have eye issues). Themed decor, attire, altars, etc encouraged, but optional. Going around the circle/table & inviting each person to introduce the self & either lead an interactive activity, or share something one would share on Pern...

& then magickal activities/ritual to maybe not completely 'Exchange'... but at least ~share~ our gifts🙂🦚🌈🪅🌬✨🌟💫🛸🎢

Make a dish w/your favorite holiday, festive, or Pern-ish food. Pull up a chair...

Plz let me know if you're interested. And if some of you are people that would like to gather for interactive activities once a month? Are there Anne Mccaffrey board or party games? If not we'll make some up, I make up games, activitues, rituals all the time.

Feel free to call 24 hrs ( I turn phone off when I go to sleep): 4102887611
Lets Gather In Pern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29 2021, 08:29 PM   #2
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Relentless Moon by MRKowal
Default Re: INVITE: Interactive Solstice Ritual on Pern(on Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com)

Sorry, I wasn't monitoring for new members and missed this new post needing approval until today.

With a longer planning time, something like this might be a lot of fun. I suggest perhaps planning something for Anne's birthday on April 1st, which is a Friday next year (or on the weekend) -- that gives enough time for preparations.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29 2021, 09:20 PM   #3
Lets Gather In Pern

Fan of: Dragonsong/Menolly Pern
Now Reading: Dodger
Default Re: INVITE: Interactive Solstice Ritual on Pern(on Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com)

THIS IS STILL ON!: I decided I like the idea so much, + Christmas/Solstice/Yule so much, -- that I want to do it now; then every few months.

Plus I have other themes/activitues, & would like to gather monthly via zoom, or audio free conference call (or if folks are international we could use clubhouse for a free call for everyone(unless there's a better network for that now?).

Anyways, plz call, as remember I have eye issues, so can't plan thru typing here(but will post in event section when finalized). If you're international & it's a tow-call, I will be getting Signal soon(unless I find out about something better?), so then you'll be able to call free (if you get the free signal app).

(410)2887611
Lets Gather In Pern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30 2021, 10:47 AM   #4
BD1
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Fan of: the Pern books

Wish I could participate, but I don't have a phone!!!
Old Mar 29 2022, 08:15 PM   #5
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Pronouns: SheShe
Fan of: PShPern BB, Tia., and Oth
Now Reading: MHOP, Books Jerry Apps, Too Many to Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Gather In Pern View Post
THIS IS STILL ON!: I decided I like the idea so much, + Christmas/Solstice/Yule so much, -- that I want to do it now; then every few months.

Plus I have other themes/activitues, & would like to gather monthly via zoom, or audio free conference call (or if folks are international we could use clubhouse for a free call for everyone(unless there's a better network for that now?).

Anyways, plz call, as remember I have eye issues, so can't plan thru typing here(but will post in event section when finalized). If you're international & it's a tow-call, I will be getting Signal soon(unless I find out about something better?), so then you'll be able to call free (if you get the free signal app).

(410)2887611
I also have eye problems, I am now complete ly blind, after being
blindpartly sighted for over forty years, I understand your problems in a way, Where on EWorld are you? for we can fine ways to type up here, I use a progra m call JAWS and there is a program called NDVA which is free, if you have asmart phone, you can with help turn on a voice to help yo tell you what you need, sorry my own learning pa pa
problems sometimes get in my posts I have problems with english grammer and spelling and What is Happinging Part II I must mostly re-learn how to work here and I haven't quite got that all worked out, I have only been back here for a few weeks, or a months , being blind for a few years, and trying to learn when you have a hearing loss, and fighting with migraines and a lot of real life stuff has made it harder but let me welcome you via this post to here, a belated post., spring time greading and just ajust around thecorner is AMC birthday April 1, I am one who mimmnot the only one who miss es the dragonlady! Virginia AKA GinnyStar
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote