A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Old Oct 27 2020, 07:09 AM   #5561
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow
Default Re: What is happening

Mom is still breathing, but what made her the person she is, is gone. As far as I'm concerned she's already gone.

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is nu online   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27 2020, 08:51 AM   #5562
Zelandeth

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: Working my way through the whole Pern series

Not really been much going on here to be honest. The weather's got to that typical English not-quite-winter grey, never ending drizzle phase in the last week or so which removes any wish to be outside.

My main ongoing project at the moment is a wholesale rearrangement of my bedroom/office. This is tricky as it's so packed full of things that it's sort of like one of those slide puzzles where you move the tiles around to make a picture...but without having the empty space to start with!

Not much been going on in the garage, though a little package of things arrived for the Xantia yesterday morning.

As far as I can see these appear to be correct, fingers crossed they are!

Slightly alarmed by how skinny the belt is...but I guess it is only an SOHC engine. Have to confess to knowing little about belt driven engines as the vast, vast majority of my cars have had chains. A little disappointed to get a water pump with a plastic impeller in a Gates kit, but I guess that's just the way it is on more modern cars like this isn't it. It only has to last until the next belt change anyway.

Only part I'm still waiting on before we get this fitted is a crankshaft oil seal. I want to have this in stock so if there's even the slightest sign of leakage we can swap it while we have things apart rather than stalling the work while we wait for it or having to take everything to bits twice.
Zelandeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27 2020, 07:33 PM   #5563
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

Mom's been talking to the angels 0, 6-1 & God. She said there was no Hope, but then she found her. Hope is beautiful. She has also been talking to her mother. She can't find my Dad.

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is nu online   Reply With Quote