A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Old Dec 3 2021, 04:38 PM   #281
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Fan of: No One Noticed The Cat
Default Re: What is Happening, part II

And the high school spring musical will be - "Anything Goes!" Lots of tap dancing and fun. Our daughter's boyfriend is the high school choir and musical director. He also designs and builds most of the sets (our daughter helps with painting). He'll be very busy!
Priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3 2021, 08:50 PM   #282
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Annie Live "the musical" was on tv last night. We did not watch it but that reminded me that I saw the original first show at The Good Speed Opera House here in Connecticut with the very first Annie many years ago. Fast forward to today and the director of our high school musicals (along with our daughter's boyfriend who is the Music Director) is good friends with the now adult woman who played that first Annie. Small world!
Old Dec 3 2021, 09:58 PM   #283
vyon

Fan of: Harper Hall

It seems it is the season for losing parents. My mother slipped away peacefully last night. At 96 and almost completely blind, I'm sure she'll be pleased to be earning her wings. One of my sisters had a dream a couple of nights ago of her, young, pretty, and walking off hand-in-hand with Dad, who was also young and very good-looking. I posted a notice on my facebook page with a photo of her asleep in the sun on the couch with her two favourite cats.
vyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM   #284
BD1

Fan of: the Pern books

Sorry for your loss!! One day, you'll see her again!!! Yesterday afternoon, I went shopping at a family dollar!! One of the things I got was a charger cord for my tablet!
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #285
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

I am so sorry, vyon. I hope my parents are doing the same thing.
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #286
Mausey

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss vyon

I didn't win any of the "Light Up" prizes but had a very nice walk downtown to watch the parade. The businesses that participated did a fabulous job and all the vehicles had loads of decorations, flashing lights, music and riders. There were several fire pits downtown where you could warm up as well as popcorn and hot chocolate. One place even had an adult version where you could get a shot of Baileys in your drink. That by the way, was my favourite stop.

We're losing several of the older buildings in town. They've sat vacant for many years and the cost to get them fixed was worth way more than the building ever would be. One on main street had been a thriving business until a vehicle ran into it. The owner took the insurance, kept the business going for a couple years then tried to sell it like it was in perfect shape. When it didn't sell he just let it sit and rot away and eventually let it go to the town for back taxes. So much history but you can't expect the town to pour money into things like that when there are far more pressing issues to deal with.
Old Today, 12:14 AM   #287
BD1

Fan of: the Pern books

A nurse came by earlier today, at one point, ordered some of the bottom part of my two piece system!!!! I should get them soon!!
Old Today, 07:47 AM   #288
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Mausey, we lost several lovely old homes in the center of town years ago. For whatever reason the owners sold off and the homes were replaced by ugly, modern bank buildings. Not what I would call progress but unless a place is labelled "historic" there is really nothing that can be done.

We got our Christmas tree and it is in the stand in the Living room but not decorated yet. After 69 years it finally occurred to me that I could wrap gifts/put under tree/fill stockings now and not wait until the last minute. So, I am doing that.

We got our daughter 2 of the 4 new all season tires for her car for Christmas (she paid for the other 2). They'll be on the car, not under the tree!