A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Library Foyer > The Information Desk and Suggestion Box

The Information Desk and Suggestion Box Do you have any feedback or suggestions to share about this site? Having any troubles or just a general question about the board? Let us know!

Old May 25 2016, 02:07 PM   #1
Kalta
Darbul

Fan of: Crystal Singer series
Now Reading: Killashandra
Default Was the board recently updated?

At home I have Windows XP and dialup and an older version of Firefox, and this forum was no problem, but after my last posts, when I would try and load threads, the page kept doing the CANNOT FIND SERVER, TRY AGAIN screen. It would start to load the page, and then just stop.
Kalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2016, 11:05 PM   #2
granath
Talent
Tower Prime

Fan of: Afra Lyon
Now Reading: Faye Upton: Dragonchoice 3
Default Re: Was the board recently updated?

Windows XP hasn't been getting any security updates for a year or more, so any problems you may encounter are probably due to your obsolete operating system. You really have no business going online with it these days.
granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2016, 03:36 AM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Was the board recently updated?

I know there's been update and maintenance not so long ago but not in the last week, so I think that has not been the reason for the prblems you experienced.

In addition it is strongly advised to update to a newer operating system because of the fact that Win XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and does not receive safety updates anymore. But that's a personal choice of course.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote