A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Exhibit Hall

Exhibit Hall For the exhibition of artistic creations by our members, from poetry and prose to drawings, photography, and digital art.

Old Feb 22 2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default F'lar

After a discussion in the *Pern Cast* thread, it was mentioned that Clive Owen would make a terrific F'lar. I found that I was very interested in seeing what he might look like as Pern greatest Weyrleader...so I did this squick sketch of him as F'lar. I did change his hair a bit, to look more like F'lar's...and put him in what I have been using in other drawings, as the traditional flying gear.

So ElectricDragon...is this what you had in mind?

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Sandi

Default Re: F'lar

I am embarrassingly poor at keeping track of actors but this guy looks like The Weyrleader to me!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 12:00 AM   #3
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Maelin View Post
After a discussion in the *Pern Cast* thread, it was mentioned that Clive Owen would make a terrific F'lar. I found that I was very interested in seeing what he might look like as Pern greatest Weyrleader...so I did this squick sketch of him as F'lar. I did change his hair a bit, to look more like F'lar's...and put him in what I have been using in other drawings, as the traditional flying gear.

So ElectricDragon...is this what you had in mind?
You're very talented, an I appreciate your taking the time to grace my offhand notion with such quality work.

I'd say your illustration would well represent F'lar at an unguarded moment. Care to do Leah Cairns as Lessa for kicks and giggles?

Last edited by ElectricDragon; Feb 23 2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: addition
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Sandi...I was hoping that you might find *F'lar* in this drawing...thank you so much, for your lovely comments.

Electric... I am glad that you do like what I did with Clive Owen as F'lar. Thank you very much, your compliment is well appriciated.

In my opinion though Leah Cairns, just doesn't look like what Anne describes as being Lessa. She doesn't have the thin and more delicate features that Lessa is described as having...IMO. Clive, however came the closest in that reguard, to what, in my opinon Anne does describes for F'lar...and that is why I drew him...and I do want to thank you for suggesting him.

If you do happen to find a woman who does look like what Anne, describes for Lessa...I will gladly do a sketch of her as well...so if you want another sketch, you need to keep looking for the right Lessa...

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Old Feb 23 2009, 12:55 AM   #5
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Quote:
Sandi...I was hoping that you might find *F'lar* in this drawing...thank you so much, for your lovely comments.

Electric... I am glad that you do like what I did with Clive Owen as F'lar. Thank you very much, your compliment is well appriciated.

In my opinion though Leah Cairns, just doesn't look like what Anne describes as being Lessa. She doesn't have the thin and more delicate features that Lessa is described as having...IMO. Clive, however came the closest in that reguard, to what, in my opinon Anne does describes for F'lar...and that is why I drew him...and I do want to thank you for suggesting him.

If you do happen to find a woman who does look like what Anne, describes for Lessa...I will gladly do a sketch of her as well...so if you want another sketch, you need to keep looking for the right Lessa...
We can agree to disagree on Cairns, but I picked her for the same reason I picked Owen. It's not just physical resemblance. It's also being able to portray the character. Cairns is good at creating that balance of arrogance and vulnerability, and she has the dark hair and eyes and I think she's plenty delicate, especially around the mouth. Physically overall, other than being "too tall" (for Lessa's description--she's short for an actress, and good luck finding one short enough for the description), she's quite slight. I'll grant her nose is probably a bit broader than I'd picture from Lessa's description, but other than that I like her for the role (and really, if they can cast Liv Tyler--a woman about as un-elfin as they come--as Arwen in LOTR, I can get away with Cairns for elfin Lessa). She also looks good in both flight gear and in "peasant garb" (as evidenced from some of her personal traveling photos) and the latter were a big part in my being able to see her in Pernese costume. And her look is just imperfect enough (I'd call it "quirky") it fits with the description of Lessa's as an unusual variety of beauty.

But as I said, we can agree to disagree, and I very much appreciate your work on the person we did agree upon.

Last edited by ElectricDragon; Feb 23 2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: addition.
Old Feb 23 2009, 01:07 AM   #6
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Electirc...I will continue to look for Lessa...but I do understand your resonings behind your pick of Ms. Cairns and we did happen to agree on Ms. Cairns major problems areas... mainly her nose. I also didn't see any of the defiance in her eyes that I have been looking for...and that I have found in Eva Greens eyes...but even in her looks though there are problems...but her eyes aren't one of them...their pure Lessa IMO.
Thanks again for all your help...I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your next character pick.

Old Feb 23 2009, 03:43 AM   #7
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

*shaked head*

A quick sketch she calls that... It's certainly not my idea for F'lar but a stunning black & white dragonrider portrait! A bluerider, if you ask me.

Great work, Master Maelin, but then, even a quick sketch from you is a masterpiece compared with what I would churn out

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 08:58 AM   #8
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

OOOoooohhhh, hey Sandi, you didn't goof this time , she did have one hiding away, you can take that foot out now .

But I don't know whether this looks like F'lar in my head, even if Electric seems to think so. Something to do with the cheekbones and around that area, it just doesn't look "strong and capable" to me. The upper half of his head looks right though.

Hmmm, I'm now thinking of that character - it was in one of Todd's books where the dragonrider goes after the girl who draws really good and Harper Hall takes her in on his reccommendation. That particular dragonrider. Frustrating that I can't think of his name............. Found it, it's "Dragonsblood" and the artist is Lorana and the dragonrider is J'trel. The sketch reminds me of him.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 11:19 AM   #9
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Wow, Lady Maellin! Such an awesome job!

I do have one critique though. . . his hair's too short. The portrait of F'lar in People of Pern and also the way that he's described in the book both have that he has thick black hair that "brushes his collar". The way that you have it looks like it'd fit nicely under a flying helmet, though.
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 12:55 PM   #10
GHarris

Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern

Quote:
Electirc...I will continue to look for Lessa...but I do understand your resonings behind your pick of Ms. Cairns and we did happen to agree on Ms. Cairns major problems areas... mainly her nose. I also didn't see any of the defiance in her eyes that I have been looking for...and that I have found in Eva Greens eyes...but even in her looks though there are problems...but her eyes aren't one of them...their pure Lessa IMO.
Thanks again for all your help...I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your next character pick.
Great picture LM.

May I suggest an actress that some would not think of for Lessa.

Emma Watson (Hermione from HP)

She has grown into a striking lady. She has the chin that is striking about Lessa in the People of Pern portraits. And if you've ever seen her glare at Harry or Ron, she has "that look". Her eyes may not be the correct color, but then does Clive Owen have amber eyes?

I did notice this in Clive Owen's IMDB bio:

Trade Mark
Deep dramatic baritone voice.

Who knows, at the rate the Pern movie is happening, he may get to play a different part.

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 01:37 PM   #11
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Fan of: No One Noticed The Cat

Wonderful, Maelin! I have to agree with Hans, that sure doesn't look like "my" idea of a quick sketch! I don't go to movies or watch much tv so I've no idea who this person is, but he'd make a good dragon rider, based on your drawing!
Priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 02:01 PM   #12
Topaz the Golden

Fan of: all of them
Now Reading: anything I can get my hands on
2cent Re: F'lar

I agree with Hans not quite right but close. I will say this YUM!!!!!!
Topaz the Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 02:32 PM   #13
GHarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz the Golden View Post
I agree with Hans not quite right but close. I will say this YUM!!!!!!
The only thing that I can say is wrong with it, is that aren't there parts of the books, where F'lar is always having to wave a lock of hair out of his eyes? (Or Lessa is doing it for him?)

But I like the picture, and think he would be a good F'lar.

GH
Old Feb 23 2009, 06:56 PM   #14
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Hans...thats why this was a quick sketch, because I knew there would be a lot of disagreements with this drawing...just like with yours. A blue rider??? I don't know if I should take this as a compliment or not...since you my friend...... don't draw. I do want to thanks for your comments all the same.

Jube, well it seems that this sketch, didn't hit the right spot for you either. Since I didn't read Dragonsblood yet...I can't say if this would look like J'trel, to me or not.

Weyrlady...Thank you for the compliment. His hair is touching his collar...but I have never been able to decide if his hair should be long or not...since Anne makes the comment that most Dragonriders wear their hair short to be more comfortable under their flying helmets. I thought this was a fair compromise.

GHarris...Thank you for your kind comments. BUT...I am sorry but IMO, your choice of Lessa is just to cute and sweet looking...Remember Lessa was tough, she could chew nails with the best of them.

Cilla...thank you HS, for the kind compliment...sorry this doesn't do it for you either.

Topaz..thank you...YUMMMmmm does kind of describe Clive...OH YES!!!

Well EletricDragon...doesn't seem that CLive is the man for F'lar after all...perhaps we should look a little further

Old Feb 23 2009, 07:12 PM   #15
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

But wait! The only part of what Hans said that I was agreeing with was that it doesn't look like a quick sketch! I really need to be more specific in my posts! Your F'lar would make a wonderful dragon rider!
Old Feb 23 2009, 07:27 PM   #16
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)

Uh, to be honest, I wouldn't have pegged it as Clive Owen!

And I nth that your idea of a quick sketch and the rest of ours are very different things!
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 07:42 PM   #17
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Well, drat. I found all sorts of pictures of the guy that look quite a bit like Maelin's drawing, but I can't figure out how to link to them. Looks a heck of a lot more like him than I'd do!
Old Feb 23 2009, 08:01 PM   #18
Sandi

Funny how different people see things differently. It looks to me as though his hair is "brushing his collar." It's especially visible behind his right ear but I think I see a bit on the other side as well. And the lock that falls onto his forehead is there, just the way my dad's hair sometimes did (to his great annoyance!) when he was working on something. I wouldn't know Clive Owen if he knocked on my front door so I can't comment on the degree of likeness there but to me he looks like a man with a lot on his mind, and I think that pretty well describes F'lar.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2009, 09:16 PM   #19
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

I wouldn't know Clive Owen either if he walked past me on the sidewalk either, Sandi but I do agree with you that each of us has seen something different and there's 2 sides to every coin/story et al..et al.. and so forth. Majority have gone for F'lar's likeness but by the same token, not everyone sees this "sketch" as being F'lar either. Sorry Lady Maelin but it's just me not seeing F'lar as this person in my mind's eye. My opinion still stands from earlier.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Feb 23 2009, 09:50 PM   #20
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Quote:
I'm sure if you roam around a bit you can find that defiance in Cairns. Her website has a wealth of shots from roles, photo-shoots, conventions and her own leisure.

Which reminds me of another reason I'd choose this actress for the role: she survived and rehabilitated a broken back (and bear in mind that she is a dancer). Not the same pain as Lessa endured (emotional) but of similar magnitude and requiring similar determination to overcome. Always good if the actor has some perspective to bring to the character.

I can just hear the director: "Okay Leah, I want you to remember what all that physical therapy for you back felt like and imagine that guy is your physical therapist" and the director points at the actor playing Fax...
Old Feb 23 2009, 10:06 PM   #21
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Quote:
Well EletricDragon...doesn't seem that CLive is the man for F'lar after all...perhaps we should look a little further
He is if you want the role well-played.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I think a lot of people are laboring under their own perceptions of what they read (who knows how recently) of F'lar's description and I suspect no few are laboring under the impression of Robin Wood's previous work. I consider that work too idealized, right down to the luxurious mane of hair that Pernese hair-care products would never permit.

Your work looks "real" and a lot less the "pretty boy" idealized image. Most of the great people in history haven't looked as good as their statues. George Washington was toothless; Thomas Paine was scabrous; Julius Caesar was pop-eyed and balding; Chester Nimitz was missing part of a finger and Yamamoto Isoroku was missing two; Erich Hartmann was baby-faced with elephantine ears; Catherine the Great was "generously" proportioned; and I'm fairly certain none of us would really have wanted to see under Elizabeth I's make-up.

You've drawn a practical, realistic person, whom I'd like to look as good as, but who probably has his bad angles as well as his good. He looks slightly care-worn, slightly preoccupied and carries just a hint of amusement around the mouth. He doesn't have an outright martial look that screams "Leader" but then, neither do most of the people who are "great leaders." Roosevelt was effete-looking; Churchill was tubby; and Stalin looked every inch the banking-robbing thug he started out as.
Old Feb 23 2009, 11:06 PM   #22
unicorntig
Dragonrider

Candidate

Fan of: Pern Series

Look like F'lar to me!! I don't so much as have a distinct picture in my head, however I do have an idea of what F’lar would look like and this definitely fits for me!!

Keep up the great work Lady Maelin!!
Old Feb 23 2009, 11:10 PM   #23
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

His hair is touching his collar, I see it now! (Says she who just her hair trimmed so it would be off the collar of her USFS uniform shirt.)

If it's a woman with a difference you want to play the role, E-DCragon, maybe I should play Lessa. (KIDDING!! I'm not that self-centered)
Old Feb 24 2009, 12:36 AM   #24
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Well if nothing else, this drawing is gathering a lot more attention and conversation, than any of the other drawings I've yet put up on MoM before.

I really do want to thank all of you, for your interesting comments...both for and against.

If however you have any faces for F'lar to suggest, I would be very glad to see or hear about them. Perhaps attempting another *F'lar* after gathering all the suggested information. Not promising that the next one would be any closer to what everone see's...but you never know.

Old Feb 24 2009, 01:02 AM   #25
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain

Well late than never. You know also he could F'nor too could he not? Or N'tan?
Just a few other ideas here. My sigh is hit and miss and I an still working on userstand the ZoomText program that let me see thing with both a managifyer and a screen reader.

It has a few ability I am woking on udertanding yyet.

"Shrug shoulders" sorry to off topic in a way I thought I own you all a explation on my off coment if I am vew things like art and posting too.

Part of my AMC is up and unpacked. Also could be a searn or on of the other your male dragons in DD?
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24 2009, 01:17 AM   #26
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

I've been looking at this again (for probably about the 3rd time today). You know who he reminds me, most of ..... Jeff Raven or one of the many males in that particular family. Don't know why but that's the one person who came up most after J'terl in my mind's eye. *shrugs shoulders*

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Feb 24 2009, 09:40 AM   #27
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)

What you can accomplish quickly is amazing, Maelin.

He definitely looks like a dragonrider, but I think the only F'lar for me is the one Robin Wood did. He'd give my husband a run for his money, if he could step out of the picture into my family room.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24 2009, 11:17 AM   #28
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too

Ok, I LOVE this drawing!! But then I love Clive Owen. Another triumph, Maelin, even if it's a 'quick' sketch!
Old Feb 24 2009, 08:46 PM   #29
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
What you can accomplish quickly is amazing, Maelin.

He definitely looks like a dragonrider, but I think the only F'lar for me is the one Robin Wood did. He'd give my husband a run for his money, if he could step out of the picture into my family room.

The Robin Wood portrait of F'lar is truly a compelling picture, all right! The eyes have it, in that one. I remember when I first People of Pern as a gift, I somehow turned right to that page, and caught my breath. Like "Who is that?!" I'm very visually-oriented- I take note of things like that!

I wonder how "this guy" looks like in color? Black & White is useful because it "cuts to the chase", and draws attention to nuances of expression- like grayscale movies!

"This guy" have a name yet, that we all can agree on? What color dragon does he ride? What's he like to do, besides ride dragons? Does he have a nice smile? What's his favorite food? What's he scared of?

Lady Maelin, I have an idea. . . can you do a portrait of F'nor as either. . . Christian Bale, Eric Bana, or Orlando Bloom? Pick one!
Old Feb 24 2009, 10:49 PM   #30
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post
The Robin Wood portrait of F'lar is truly a compelling picture, all right! The eyes have it, in that one. I remember when I first People of Pern as a gift, I somehow turned right to that page, and caught my breath. Like "Who is that?!" I'm very visually-oriented- I take note of things like that!

I wonder how "this guy" looks like in color? Black & White is useful because it "cuts to the chase", and draws attention to nuances of expression- like grayscale movies!

"This guy" have a name yet, that we all can agree on? What color dragon does he ride? What's he like to do, besides ride dragons? Does he have a nice smile? What's his favorite food? What's he scared of?

Lady Maelin, I have an idea. . . can you do a portrait of F'nor as either. . . Christian Bale, Eric Bana, or Orlando Bloom? Pick one!
I'm fond of a wide variety of realistic art, but I'll admit I do like the distinctness of black&white. It forces the artist to work a little harder, perhaps, when they can't rely on the rest of the palette to help them out. I should be able to draw so well as Maelin...sadly, if it isn't an engineering line drawing...my talent doesn't lie there.

Last edited by ElectricDragon; Feb 24 2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old Feb 24 2009, 10:52 PM   #31
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Quote:
Well if nothing else, this drawing is gathering a lot more attention and conversation, than any of the other drawings I've yet put up on MoM before.

I really do want to thank all of you, for your interesting comments...both for and against.

If however you have any faces for F'lar to suggest, I would be very glad to see or hear about them. Perhaps attempting another *F'lar* after gathering all the suggested information. Not promising that the next one would be any closer to what everone see's...but you never know.
Honestly, I only suggested Clive Owen due to the fact that it was a casting question. I never really liked that People of Pern drew so heavily on actors and actresses; I had been looking for something original.

Why not treat us to what's in your mind's eye? Draw the F'lar you see.
Old Feb 24 2009, 11:02 PM   #32
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too

Here's a picture of Clive in color for Weyrlady......

He was great in King Arthur and also Children of Men. I first saw him in King Arthur and loved him! Loved all the guys in that movie tho, it's a good one to watch. Children of Men was kind of odd but still a good movie. I want to see him in The International, I hear it's good too. You can also search him on Google Image Search for more pics.
Old Feb 24 2009, 11:32 PM   #33
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Becky...yep thats him. Glad to hear you mention *King Arthur*. I loved Clive Owen,
Ioan Gruffudd...as well as Keira Knightley in it...IMO they all would have made an excellent team for the *Dragonrider* movie.

This was one of the reasons I thought Clive might make a good F'lar...

Old Feb 24 2009, 11:53 PM   #34
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Quote:
Becky...yep thats him. Glad to hear you mention *King Arthur*. I loved Clive Owen,
Ioan Gruffudd...as well as Keira Knightley in it...IMO they all would have made an excellent team for the *Dragonrider* movie.

This was one of the reasons I thought Clive might make a good F'lar...
I agree on Owen and Gruffudd. Knightley...not so much. A bit over-exposed and doesn't strike me as having terribly much depth.

I hesitated to suggest Owen and Gruffudd as F'lar and F'nor just because of the fact that they did play first and second fiddle in King Arthur.

BTW, good choice of picture. Hair's about the right length for F'lar and just as sweaty and unkempt as it would be after being under a flying helmet. Good shot for showing the intensity Owen can get in his gaze. Very F'lar-like.
Old Feb 24 2009, 11:58 PM   #35
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Here's a picture of Clive in color for Weyrlady......

He was great in King Arthur and also Children of Men. I first saw him in King Arthur and loved him! Loved all the guys in that movie tho, it's a good one to watch. Children of Men was kind of odd but still a good movie. I want to see him in The International, I hear it's good too. You can also search him on Google Image Search for more pics.
The guys in King Arthur did a great job of acting like a realistic troop of military men. Bors had me rolling at times, and the snarky remarks were straight out of a ready room. Loved the one about Bors' latest child looking like Lancelot!
Old Feb 25 2009, 11:08 AM   #36
GHarris

Quote:

The two that I keep hearing a lot about (not counting acting skills or age into account) for the look of F'lar are:

Jason Behr

Hugh Jackman

And if you wanted to do a F'lar and Lessa together, there would be at least one young lady on the board that would like Hugh and Kate Beckinsale.

Jason Behr does have the amber eyes that F'lar is supposed to have. His biggest roles so far are Roswell, The Grudge, and Dragon Wars. He's also in the correct age range for DF F'lar.

Hugh has more of the look that ED was describing, but he and Clive are a little too old for the DF F'lar.

GH

Last edited by GHarris; Feb 25 2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old Feb 25 2009, 02:38 PM   #37
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)

While I love me some Hugh...he doesn't strike me as F'lar. And please no, not with Beckinsale, because doesnt' that just bring up flashbacks of the one movie Shirtless Hugh Jackman in Leather could not save for me--Van Helsing.

Jason Behr--and to some extent, really, PoP F'lar--are much too pretty-boy for me.
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25 2009, 03:29 PM   #38
Lily

Oh No! Orlando Bloom is WAAAY to pretty. He will always be an elf to me!
and Eoan (however he spells his name!) Grufford although very yummy, is also too good looking. Actually, I could see him as F'lessan. I'm watching re-runs of Hornblower on TV right now
Old Feb 25 2009, 05:28 PM   #39
StevenB
Bitsmith/Starsmith,
Master Sneak

Fan of: Skies of Pern: what else?
Now Reading: My computer screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Great work, Master Maelin, but then, even a quick sketch from you is a masterpiece compared with what I would churn out
I second that. For a quick sketch, that portrait is fantastic.
Old Feb 25 2009, 07:15 PM   #40
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

EletricDragon...
Quote:
Why not treat us to what's in your mind's eye? Draw the F'lar you see.
Thats one of my problems...I have seen him yet. Thats why I was interested in seeing Clive done up...but I have to say when it was all finished, he wasn't quite my cup of Pern either. Thats why I keep looking...not just for the movie guy...but for a face of the man that I see...hes so close I can almost touch him...but not quite...ugg!!

GHarris...OOOOoooooOOOO Jason Behr, I missed this one...he looks good. I might have to go and check him out further. I don't really care for Hugh as F'lar or F'nor...but as the Wolverine, he was truly hunky. I have to go with Anareth and say.... NO...NO...NO...with your pic of Kate Beckinsale...but I want to say Thank You very much for your help.