A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Exhibit Hall
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exhibit Hall For the exhibition of artistic creations by our members, from poetry and prose to drawings, photography, and digital art.

Old Mar 19 2009, 12:44 AM   #81
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default Re: Lessa

E.D...Much later...and only a very mild at best. They did have a few interesting song...but it wasn't really my cup of tea.

P.S. you should consider making your own new musical thread...there are quiet a few MoMers here that are very interested in music of all sorts...could perhaps introduce you to something new as well !!!

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25 2011, 02:41 PM   #82
V'lor Rath Rider
Inactive

Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Dragonriders of Pern trilogy(3rd time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricDragon View Post
These should let you get a better look. Larger images than the blasted search site, but still not full size. Relatively difficult to get an unobstructed shot of this person's face, especially away from highly artificial lighting.

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/Live.../sd07_3312.jpg (Younger image; probably all of 20 years old.)

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/Live...Epica%2022.jpg (Another younger image.)

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/Live...pica%20(3).jpg (More recent image, but probably pre-illness.)

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/Live...r_REZ_8792.jpg (Crap! This one came out tiny, which is too bad because it's such a good action shot.)

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/Live...r_REZ_8930.jpg (Better lighting here.)

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/Live.../images/10.jpg (More recent image; back in battery after bout with MRSA; we should all look so good.)

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/FanArt//images/203.jpg (There is a great shot of her eyes when she is resting her chin on her hands that I simply cannot find larger than the small one posted last time. This, which a fan appears to have photo-shopped into another background and added a faux-tattoo is about as good as it's going to get.)

http://gallery.epica.nl/gallery/Fans//images/229.jpg (Good image, with a little fan, that shows natural coloration and eyes; rare image with hair queued.)

Well this at least gets the two of them together:

http://www.kamelot.com/images/galler...elmond_100.jpg
By the Egg!

That angel is perfect! *I have a thing for redheads and dark haired beauties with light eyes* I can just imagine her pale skin and light blue eyes under jet black hair! The singer for Kamelot would do F'lar justice...but would he shave the chin stripe?
V'lor Rath Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25 2011, 02:57 PM   #83
V'lor Rath Rider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Maelin View Post
E.D. I don't know who I would draw her as...but she has a lovely face. That hair is incredibly beautiful. I did save the last two face shots and the profile...those I might just have to find a place for.
OK...who do you see Erica as?

Is she on YouTube....? I have never heard of her before.
What color hair does Kylara have again. I envisioned red, but think it could be blonde.

EDIT: I shoulda read further down. Blonde it is. Perhaps Menolly? The voice alone....
Old Mar 26 2011, 01:41 AM   #84
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Hello Vlor and welcome to MoM...if I remember rightly she has blonde hair, according to Robin Woods
*People of Pern* book. That's pretty much what I have also seen her with, but I don't have a face to go with the written picture Anne discribes...not yet that is.

I liked the ED's pick for Lessa too...but for me she still wasn't just right. I have finished the long waited for drawing of Lessa...and will soon be putting her up in here...but not until some time after I put up Anne's new birthday portrait.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Old Mar 26 2011, 04:00 AM   #85
V'lor Rath Rider
Inactive

Thanks so much for the welcome! I appreciate and enjoy your artwork.
I need to revisit Robin Wood's work...I can't remember what Robin's version of Kylara looks like. In my mind's eye Lessa has sharp features...not necessarily stark, but...sharp. I think you did an excellent job on the recent Lessa pic, with full hair unbound! Having no real artistic drawing skills, I can only wonder at what it takes.

Hm, what about Kristen Kruik from Smallville?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Maelin View Post
Hello Vlor and welcome to MoM...if I remember rightly she has blonde hair, according to Robin Woods
*People of Pern* book. That's pretty much what I have also seen her with, but I don't have a face to go with the written picture Anne discribes...not yet that is.

I liked the ED's pick for Lessa too...but for me she still wasn't just right. I have finished the long waited for drawing of Lessa...and will soon be putting her up in here...but not until some time after I put up Anne's new birthday portrait.
Old Mar 26 2011, 05:58 AM   #86
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Here's the link to the K page of the Pern Encyclopedia where I have a small version of Robin Wood's Kylara portrait. The hair seems reddish bonde to me

http://www.pern.nl/pe/K_table.html
(scroll down to the end of the page)

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26 2011, 08:52 AM   #87
granath
Talent
Tower Prime

Fan of: Afra Lyon
Now Reading: Faye Upton: Dragonchoice 3

Very good picture, matches my internal image of her pretty well.
granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26 2011, 03:28 PM   #88
V'lor Rath Rider
Inactive

Ah yes, I remember now. I s'pose strawberry blonde fits. I kinda picture Jezebel!
Old Mar 26 2011, 09:55 PM   #89
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Jezebel... fits the character pretty well...only with an even nastier side...IMO!!!

Thank you Vlor, I'm glad you enjoyed my artwork

Old Mar 27 2011, 04:32 AM   #90
V'lor Rath Rider
Inactive

Yes indeed! I truly admire artists of any sort, partly because I have so little artistic ability myself.