A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old Jan 8 2005, 05:16 PM   #1
Cherlyn
Crafter

Fan of: P.E.R.N.
Now Reading: 'Winds of Fate'by Mercedes Lackey
Red face Elfquest: Not a kid's comic book . . .

I'm Beadsong and my lifemate is Swiftblade . . .

Uh . . . okay . . . I admit to loving Wendy's art . . . and I first found it as a graphic novel at a bookstore . . . of course I didn't find the first one . . . it was Fire and Flight I had found and I fell in love with the art and then the story . . . WOW!

I've got the graphic novels and the comics (not the original B&W though) except for the current DC run. Anyone know how that looks?
Cherlyn (Cheryl #2 - "The Okie One") aka The Cheesaholic, Chocoholic Packrat and seeker of anti-ques and junque...
Click:. . .F.R.O.G. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .@<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"I just got back from the hospital. I had a speed reading accident; I hit a bookmark." ~ Unknown
Cherlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5 2005, 02:23 AM   #2
Dawn
Inactive

Default Re: Elfquest: Not a kid's comic book . . .

I found ElfQuest (in graphic novel form) back in 1983/84. I remember being amazed at all the artwork and loving the storyline. Sadly, I quit reading it in the early 1990's, so I'm hopelessly behind now. Haven't seen any of the new stuff though.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23 2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Cherlyn
Crafter

Fan of: P.E.R.N.
Now Reading: 'Winds of Fate'by Mercedes Lackey

Since wrapping up Warp Graphics and being dropped by Marvel, the Pinis have a new agreement with DC Comics and there are two graphic novels out:
Elfquest: The Discovery is out
Elfquest: The Searcher and the Sword is on backorder !!

Also I have watched Wendy's online comic (non-Elfquest) "Masque of the Red Death" (not what you think and *Warning* MATURE content !) at Go! Comi if you can recognize it, you'll know Wendy's work . . . click on the pic and watch/read the different chapters . . .
Cherlyn (Cheryl #2 - "The Okie One") aka The Cheesaholic, Chocoholic Packrat and seeker of anti-ques and junque...
Click:. . .F.R.O.G. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .@<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"I just got back from the hospital. I had a speed reading accident; I hit a bookmark." ~ Unknown
Cherlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19 2008, 03:19 PM   #4
FlameCat
Dragonrider
Candidate

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Grimm's Fairy Tales

There is an amusing webcomic at www.lfgcomic.com which I follow. I haven't come across any of the ones mentioned above, but I'm looking at reading more, and broadening horizons in that area. Can you suggest some which aren't too heavy on the mature content
FlameCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23 2008, 04:04 PM   #5
charlene
Inactive

Fan of: Canth
Now Reading: elvenborn
Re: Elfquest: Not a kid's comic book . . .

I read them on the schoolbus and recently rediscovered them. I like Cutter.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25 2008, 11:10 PM   #6
Greenrider Dawna
Inactive

Fan of: Harper Hall series
Now Reading: This changes frequently!

Wow! I remember reading these when I was in college. I might still have my copies somewhere...
Greenrider Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29 2008, 08:36 AM   #7
Maleus
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: Green Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Default Re : Elfquest: Not a kid's comic book . . .

25 years (or is it 30 years by now?) of comics publishing for Elfquest, that's quite amazing 8) I discovered this series in the late 80s, when I was teen. At this time, I could only read the poor french translation, but it could not prevent me to fall in love will all this kind, loving, but also fierce and strong characters. As only the first series was translated, I gladly switched to english and discovered how rich the story is. Elfs on Earth, interractions witch humans, magic powers, lost and rediscovered, time travels, and always love at its purest! Some parts are quite sexy, I must admit. But it is always soft and cute.

The series can be confusing when you don't known how it built. there were many timelines, seasons, different authors, some more talented than others, different publishers, etc. But it is worth your time and money, I tell you

Still under way, by the way. There is a long awaited "Final Quest" than all Elfquest fan expect for some time, where all questions will be answered. What? What's a line? I don't understand what you say
Maleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2009, 09:16 AM   #8
Litwolf
Inactive

Now Reading: Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

The Official Elfquest website is slowly posting the entire series for our reading pleasure. http://www.elfquest.com/index.html It makes me quite happy since I have been able to read further than I did borrow my friend's Elfquest collection.

And there may even be a movie? Who knows! ^_^
Litwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27 2009, 04:05 AM   #9
DragonDance
Inactive

I am so thrilled to find other Elfquest readers! You are a rare breed!

It is a fine series, and its good to fine one that progresses through time, i.e. characters have kids, who grow up and have kids of their own, etc.
DragonDance is offline   Reply With Quote