A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café > Café Archives
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 8 2011, 11:39 AM   #1
sjslack
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: as usual
Default World Book Night 2011

Hi guys!

I was just wondering how many of you did something for the first ever 'World Book Night' this year? I was lucky enough to be picked as a 'giver', as well as receiving two free tickets to the official launch in Trafalgar Square. The event was covered by BBC 2 (Apparantly I was on TV. Unfortunately I was out at the time, actually giving out my books [this was the next day when it was shown]) but my grandad taped the 3-hour book-program for me, so I get to watch it the next time I'm at home).

For those of you who haven't heard of it, the WBN website is HERE.

...and for those of you who are interested, I've done a blog post (complete with two videos...I'm getting all high tech!) on Inspired-Quill, HERE.
sjslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8 2011, 10:49 PM   #2
Samsara
Inactive

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Restoree
Default Re: World Book Night 2011

I have never heard of the event but it sounds really interesting. Promoting reading is always a great idea!

It's good to hear you were involved Sara. And great to see it up on your website!
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8 2011, 11:45 PM   #3
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Never heard of this either...but it sounds like an excellent idea. We promote younger readers here by buying and donating interesting books for them to read.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9 2011, 04:31 PM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Nice. Seems you and Nick had lots of fun until it was time to go home...

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10 2011, 10:22 AM   #5
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

I watched part of it (didn't see you) and listened to some of the discussuion on Radio 4.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote