A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Dec 6 2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Xenolith
Darbul

Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: Destiny Disrupted
Gold Dragon Days pdf?

Hi ... I'm not new, per se, but was a member 10 years ago under a different name (which I can't remember to save my life) and mostly under the radar. Then college, grad school and entry into the working world interfered. Now I'm back

Just have a quick question to start out my MoM membership 2.0 ... does anyone happen to have the pdf file of the fanfic Dragon Days? I read a note on one of the chapters that the author had a PDF, but I'm not sure how to contact her so I thought I'd just ask around if anyone had it on hand.

Thanks!
Xenolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7 2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Kath
Starsmith

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Moreta
Default Re: Dragon Days pdf?

You've contacted her. I'll see what I can do today, okay? PM me your e-mail address please, so I know where to send it.

In other news - I have a 200k/28chapter original character Pern fanfic within 4 chapters of completion. Running edits will start in January, and if I can iron out any major structural problems quickly, you can expect me to start posting chapters ASAP after that. Just something to keep you all in the mood while you're waiting for Faye to be done with DragonChoice3 (which, BTW, is going to be BRILLIANT).
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7 2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Xenolith
Darbul

Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: Destiny Disrupted

Yay, thank you! Will send you my e-mail address.

I know I'm a relative unknown here, but if you or anyone else needs help editing, I would be more than happy. I have degrees in Lit and journalism and have been working as a copy editor for 5+ years (not terribly long, but I CAN edit for spelling/grammar/structure, promise)
Xenolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2 2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Kath
Starsmith

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Moreta

Okay - I'm killing two birds with one stone and slowly reposting all of DD over at AO3.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/620538

There are download options for kindle and pdf as well as other formats, so when it's all up, readers can do whatever they want to with it.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote