A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Apr 26 2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Fan of: All the Weyrs of Pern
Now Reading: The Ship Who Sang by Anne McCaffrey
Smile Not by Anne but still cool

I just found a signed first edition copy of Ringmaster http://www.amazon.com/Ringmaster-Yea.../dp/0525247572. I went to our local thrift store and saw the book, commenting to my Aunt about the unicorn on the cover as the guy who created it lived only a few miles from where I lived as a child. Opening it to check for missing pages I found the following...
Quote:
John-where did those 33 years go since we did "Godspell" together? So fun to share the stage with you again in "Chitty" on the West Coast! Thanks for doing the show!
Kristopher Kyer Antekeier, 11/19/11
Got it for .35 cents! This is the first signed book I have found and hopefully it won't be the last.

P.S. The opinion usually seen on the internet that the unicorn had a bull's horn implanted in it's forehead is falsified by this book. That was a rumor deliberately released by the circus to drum up publicity. The animal actually had it's own horn buds transplanted next to one another so they would grow together into a single horn. Unfortunately I never got to see the unicorns despite their nearby location but some good pictures can be found here...
http://www.sideshowworld.com/9-ms-pi/interview-OZ.html
Tamara Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2012, 09:28 PM   #2
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow
Default Re: Not by Anne but still cool

That is a COOL find

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote