A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Old Jun 18 2009, 11:59 PM   #1
Larry
Glow

Fan of: Menolly
Default A few extras for sale (one even signed!)

Hi,

I have greatly enjoyed this forum, and wanted to provide an opportunity for some folks that might not have have these particular books, to procure them if desired. I have a few extra paperbacks that are not doing anything (and 1 hb), and I would like to see them find a good home at what I hope are fair prices. I am not a book seller, so please ask additional questions if you would like more detailed information.

1- Dragon's Kin, Del Ray 2003, 1st edition HB, Signed by Todd while I watched. Very clean copy. $10.

2- (2) copies of The Ship Who Sang, PB 1st Edition, 1st Printing, Ballantine Books 1970. Both are pretty close to Mint condition, look to never have been read. No spine creasing, all edges very clean, minimal fading. One has a red date stamp on top page edge that somewhat blends in with the gold page edge color. $5 each.

3- Decision at Doona, 1969, Ballantine Books, PB 1st edition. Also probably unread. Very good copy, minor smudging to the cover front and back, but still one of the best copies you might find. $5.

4- Alchemy and Academe, 1979, PB Del Ray. First Paperback. Probably unread, very good condition but not mint. $2.

Postage will be media mail at cost. I really would like these to go to people that do not have a copy already. You can check out my feedback on eBay, lb546. My apologies for not putting up pictures, but I am to lazy at the moment. I will fully guarantee your satisfaction, as I would like to remain a member here

Thanks,
Larry (from Southern California)
P.S. I will be traveling this weekend, and might not check for replies until next week.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19 2009, 01:53 AM   #2
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: A few extras for sale (one even signed!)

Hope your trip goes well.

Although I do own a copy of Dragon's Kin, it isn't signed so pretty please with a cherry on top, may I have the signed copy? Anyway just curious, are these on ebay or are you just listing here first? (Might pop in to look if you're away).

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19 2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Larry
Glow

Jube, I am not offering them on eBay, just here. And you are quite welcome to Dragon's Kin. I see from your profile you are in Australia? Having never shipped out of the US, I may need some advice on this.....

Larry
Old Jun 21 2009, 12:52 AM   #4
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

I find the easiest way of doing it, is going to the post office and asking their advice on the various modes of posting books. I say this because in Australia, we have Airmail (which takes 5-14 days dependent on where I'm sending it), Seamail (which takes forever, well 2 months or so but it feels like forever) and International expressmail to all countries around the world (up to 5 days and it's more expensive then regular mail). BUT in the good ol' USA, postal rates are a little different so hence my saying about going to the post office. Umm, it would be best to also ask your follow USA citizens who may post on a regular basis to the outside world. Hope that helps.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Jun 21 2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Larry...Like Jube says...you should go to your local post office, and pick up one of those handy mailing boxes they have there for free...if you can get it in one of those *Flat rate* boxes it's a whole lot cheaper to ship out of the country and it will get there all but as fast as any other way....Good Luck, and Jube I hope you enjoy your book

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22 2009, 02:54 AM   #6
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

The book should fit indeed in an "international fla rate envelope"; I know that for Eruope they colst about 11-12 US dollars.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22 2009, 08:06 AM   #7
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

I think it's about the same costs to come to Australia as well, Hans but easier to check with the post office, in case I'm wrong. It's also dependent on weight. In some respects, I'm finding that it's easier to ask here on MoM then it is to go looking on ebay sometimes when people have stuff to sell or swap as I'm having a break from ebay at the moment.

P>S Larry when you're ready, pm me in regards to payment via paypal etc. Thanks.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Jun 28 2009, 03:50 AM   #8
Pernaficionado

Fan of: Dragonsong
Now Reading: brainships

Darn! Jube Called dibs! LOL if you getting the signed copy does that mean you wont be needing your other one?

I had a post a while ago about a 1st HB Dragon's Kin. Signed would just be a really great bonus.
Pernaficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28 2009, 09:02 AM   #9
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Sorry Pernaficionado, all my books except for High Adventure - it's only a reading copy but if you haven't got it, I'm willing to trade - have been swapped for other books. But I will keep an eye out for you (I'll be going to Melbourne next week and normally I can pick up a heap of Anne McCaffrey books whilst I'm there. My local area seems to dry up whenever I go looking here). I'll let you know once I get back. Besides I'm waiting on Larry but he seems to be busy at moment so we'll see what happens, I guess.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Jul 8 2009, 09:13 PM   #10
Larry
Glow

Jube, I have been waiting to see if anyone would purchase the other books so I can just make one trip to the post office, but it looks like there will be no takers at this time

If you would like, you can pm me your mailing information. We can do paypal later. Thanks
Old Jul 9 2009, 02:23 AM   #11
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Okay will do!

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!