A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Old Jan 11 2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default On offer for 1 dollar per item ex postage

Mail me for postage

BOOKS

Dragonsdawn, tpb UK version and edition, very good, 1st, 1989

Red Star Rising, tpb UK version (USA: Dragoneseye), good, ex lib, 1996

Lyon's Pride, vol. 4 in Tower and the Hive series, tpb, good, 1994

Crystal Singer, hc w/dj, bookclub edition, fair

Freedom's Landing, 1st in Catteni Sequence, hc w/dj. fine, bookclub edition

Freedom's Ransom, hc w/dj, fine, 1st, 2002
[with Elizabeth Ann Scarborough] Acorna's Children, Second Wave, hc w/dj, fine, 1st, 2006

Rescue Run, hc w/dj, very good, bookclub/wildside ed., ill. 1991

The Girl Who Heard Dragons, hc w/dj, ex lib but very good, with 24 illustrations by Michael Whelan, 1st, 1994. Holds 15 short stories by Anne.

ANTHOLOGIES

Nebula Award Winning Stories, ed. by Roger Zelazny, mmp, very good, 1st, 1970. This holds the short story Weyr Search.

Beyond the Stars. Tales of Adventure in Time and Space, Marylebone Books, hc with pictoral jacket, very good, 1963. Holds short story The Smallest Dragonboy

Visions of Fantasy. Tales from the Masters, ed. by Asimov and Greenberg, hc with pictoral jacket, very good, 1st, 1989. Holfd short story The Smallest Dragonboy

Science Fiction Hall of Fame, ed. by Arthur C. Clarke, hc w/dj, very good, 1991. Holds the short story Dragonrider. Holds the complete Nebula Award Winners 1965-1969

AUDIO

Crystal Singer, 2 audio cassettes, approx. 3 hours, Media Books, in hard plastic case, read by Adrienne Barbeau.

[with Jody Lynn Nye] Crisis on Doona, 2 audio cassettes, approx. 3 hours, in hard plastic case, reda by Mereditch MacRae.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11 2014, 02:51 PM   #2
kindan

Fan of: Crystal Singer
Now Reading: David Drake - With the Lightning
Default Re: On offer for 1 dollar per item ex postage

What's postage look like on these to the US? can you send me a pic of the crystal singer?
Old Jan 11 2014, 03:19 PM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

You mean the book or the cassettes?

From 0 to 2 kilogrammes to the US is 25 dollars without track and trace :-(

That is royal dutch post, maybe a parcel service is cheaper, dunno.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Jan 11 2014, 03:29 PM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

Hmm, when the book including packaging material is not thicker than 3.2 cm it can go as a letter, costing 13 dollars

Old Jan 13 2014, 04:07 PM   #5
kindan

Fan of: Crystal Singer
Now Reading: David Drake - With the Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Hmm, when the book including packaging material is not thicker than 3.2 cm it can go as a letter, costing 13 dollars
Yikes! That's pretty terrible! What's the book club edition usually run for? Is that the only hardcover version? I don't think I've seen it.
Old Jan 14 2014, 03:33 AM   #6
Hans
Master Archivist

No, the bookclub edition isn't the only hardcover. There's the UK hardcover edition, which usually is fetching a good price. The bookclub edition... long time since I watched that but I think a few years ago a good price was considered about $6 or something. The one I have has a dustjacket that's somewhat wrinkled at the top and not worth even $6 imho but I think that's what I payed for it.

To be honest I wouldn't pay $14 incl. postage for it I would give it you for free but that would still leave you with $13 postage