A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Old Dec 6 2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default AMC books and other items + companion material

Right, not sure if I listed everything yet but I'll post the list. If more than one person is interested in a particular items it will go to the highest bidder.

If something has your interest please email or PM me and I'll give you the minimum prices and the cost of postage to your place of the world. After that you can decide whether you are still interested in a purchase.

I'll send/publish pictures when they are asked for.

Books – Pern

“Rescue Run”. US Bookclub hardcover with dustjacket, published by The Wildside Press 1991. Illustrated by Pat Morissey. Condition: very good (top of spine of dustjacket slightly damaged)

“Dragonsdawn”. UK trade paperback edition. Bantam Press 1989. Steve Weston cover. Condition: very good.

“Red Star Rising” (Dragonseye). UK trade paperback edition. Bantam Press 1996. Ex library but no evidence of this on the outside (just a stamp and sticker inside). Light spine creasing. Condition: good.

“Dragonquest”, Del Rey paperback, 11th printing, 1979. Reading copy (was my own reading copy and has my name on the first page ).

“De Drakenrijders van Pern”, Dutch omninus translation of Dragonflight and Dragonquest, published by De Boekerij 1992. Hardcover with dustjacket (illustration: Steve Weston’s art for the UK Dragonquest edition). Condition: very fine.

“Moreta”. Publisher: Netopejr. Czech mass market paperback, first edition, 1996. With original Czech cover art. Condition: mint.

Books – non Pern

“Acorna’s Rebels” (with Elizabeth Ann Scarborough), US ARC trade paperback (advanced reader’s copy). EOS 2003. Condition: mint.

“Acotna’s Triumph” (with Elizabeth Ann Scarborough), US ARC trade paperback (advanced reader’s copy). EOS 2004. Condition: fine.

“Acorna’s Children. Second Wave” (with Elizabeth Ann Scarborough), US hardcover with dustjacket, first edition, condition: very good.

“Crystal Singer”. Bookclub hardcover edition, Doubleday 1982, with dustjacket (illustration by Dennis B. Meehan). Reading copy. Condition: acceptable (book is good, dustjacket has creases and minor cuts).

“Freedom’s Landing”. UK Bookclub hardcover edition with dustjacket (illustration by Romas). Condition: fine with very slight discoloration of dustjacket spine.

“Three Women”, trilogy holding “Ring of Fear”, “The Mark of Merlin” and “The Kilternan Legacy”. Paperback, first edition, 1992. Condition: very good.

“Acorna’s Search”. Harper Torch paperback, 3rd printing. Condition: mint.

“The Year of the Lucy”, Tor paperback, first edition, 1987. Cindition: very good.

“Generation Warriors” (with Elizabeth Moon). Baen paperback, frist printing 1991. Condition: very good with creasing to spine.

“Black Horses for the King”, Del Rey paperback, first printing, 1997. Condition: mint.

“The Coelura”, Tor paperback, 2nd printing. Ex libris stamp on first page. Many illustrations by Ned Dameron. Condition: fine.

“The City Who Fought” (with S.M. Stirling). Orbit UK paperback, 1997 reprint. Condition: mint.

“Partnership” (with Margaret Bal). Orbit UK paperback, 1999 reprint. Condition: fine.

“The Ship Who Sang”. Corgo paperback, 1999 reprint (reset). Condition: very good but with an inch long damage at bottom of spine.

“Pegasus in Flight”. Corgi paperback, first printing 1991. Condition: very good, one crease at top right of front cover.

“Acorna’s Children. First Warning”. EOS paperback, firt printing, 2006. Conditin: fine.

“Acorna’s World”. Harper paperback, first printing, 2001. Condition: very good.

“Acorna’s People”. Harper paperback, first printing, 2000. Condition: mint.

“Acorna’s Quest”. Harper paperback, first printing, 1999. Condition: fine (has my name in pencil on first page).

“Lyon’s Pride”, Bantam Press trade paperback, first printing, 1984. Rmas cover art. Condition : very good with slight creasing to spine.

Anthologies

“Visions of Fantasy. Tales from the Masters”, edited by Isaac Asimov and Martin H. Greenberg, illustrated by Larry Elmore. Holds Pern story “The Smallest Dragonboy”. Hardcover with pictoral boards. First edition. Condition: very good.

“Beyond the Stars. Tales of Adventure in Time and Space”. UK hardcover with pictoral board. Marylebone 1983 edition. Condition: very good with slight foxing to spine.

“Science Fiction Hall of Fame. Volueme Four, the Complete Nebula Award winners 1965-1969”. Edited by Arthur C. Clarke. Gollancz, 1981. Holds the Pern story “Dragonrider”. Condition: very good.

“Time Wars”, edited by Charles Waugh and Martin H. Greenberg. Paperback, first edition, 1986. Reading copy.

“Get off the Unicorn”, all McCaffrey short stories. Corgi UK Paperback, 1982. Written in my own handwriting on first page: bought in Penzance, Cornwall, UK, 15 June 1983. Condition: very good but significant discolouration of the spine.

“Omega”, edited by Roger Elwood. Hold short story “Rabble Dowser”. Fawcett paperback, first edition, 1974. Condition: very good.

Companion Books

“Science Fiction. Today and Tomorrow”. Hold Anne’s contribution, titled: “Romance and Glamour in Science Fiction”. Penguin US paperback, 1975. Condition: very good with some discoloration to the spine.

Magazines

Amazing Stories; september 1993. Holds the Pern short story “The P.E.R.N. Survey, one illustration by Doug Anderson. Condition: fine

Analog Science Fiction Science Fact, June 1969. Holds ship story: Dramatic Mission. Condition: very good.

Algol Starship, The Magazine About Science Fiction; winter 1978-79. Cover art by Kelly Freas. Holds the article “On Pernography” by Anne McCaffrey.

Games

“Dragonriders. Chronicles of Pern”, computer game by Ubisoft (1999). Boxed version complete with CD in jewel box and richly illustrated booklet

Anne McCaffrey’s “Freedom. First Resistance”, computer game based on the Freedom series. Boxed version, still in shrink wrap, mint.

Audio

Sunset’s Gold CD by Anne McCaffrey, Tania Opland and Mike Freeman. First edition, signed by both musicians on the inlay/booklet. Condition: mint (unplayed).

“Crystal Line”, abridged. Two cassettes, app. 3 hours, in hard plastic transparent box with inlay with Rowena art. Condition: very good.

“Crisis on Doona” (with Jody Lynn Nye), abridged. Two cassettes, app. 3 hours, in hard plastic transparent box with inlay with Michael Herring art.

“All the Weyrs of Pern”, abridged, two cassettes, 1991. The Publishing Mills. Read by Anne McCaffrey herself. Condition: very good.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.

Last edited by Hans; Feb 10 2010 at 02:43 PM.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6 2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Samsara
Dragon Healer

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Restoree
Default Re: AMC books and other items + companion material

Okay, there is a bunch of Pern stuff (books & audio), plus a couple of the companions that I want. Also some of the Pern audio cds... Will let you later today what I'm after!
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12 2010, 11:12 PM   #3
Samsara
Dragon Healer

Hans, I just noticed you forgot to add a "RESERVED" next to the Harper Hall Trilogy"... it's on my list.....
Old Jan 13 2010, 02:53 AM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

oops, will add that

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Jan 13 2010, 03:21 AM   #5
Samsara
Dragon Healer

Smile Re: AMC books and other items + companion material

Thanks Hans! I am considering adding a couple more items on.... (Yes, Hargeaves is teaching me how to spend even more money... ). Will let you know in the next day or two....
Old Jan 15 2010, 03:53 AM   #6
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
Question Re: AMC books and other items + companion material

“Red Star Rising” (Dragonseye). UK trade paperback edition. Bantam Press 1996. Ex library but no evidence of this on the outside (just a stamp and sticker inside). Light spine creasing. Condition: good.

Just a question is this the same as the UK one? Were you looking for the cover of the USA Dragonseyes? I have it Hard Cover. It shows the seting of the star stone at Telgar Weyr on the back.

~~
“Moreta”. Publisher: Netopejr. Czech mass market paperback, first edition, 1996. With original Czech cover art. Condition: mint. is this one in the collection at your site Hans?
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15 2010, 04:13 AM   #7
Hans
Master Archivist

Ginny, yes, the Red Star Rising IS a UK edition, the first softcver edtion to be precise (trade paperback). No, I am not looking for the US edition Dragonseye; I have all its soft- and ardcover editions.

The Czech Moreta paperback I bought when I was in that country and yes, of course I have it in my collection and it appears in the list on my site.

Old Jan 20 2010, 07:12 PM   #8
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Ginny, yes, the Red Star Rising IS a UK edition, the first softcver edtion to be precise (trade paperback). No, I am not looking for the US edition Dragonseye; I have all its soft- and ardcover editions.

The Czech Moreta paperback I bought when I was in that country and yes, of course I have it in my collection and it appears in the list on my site.
I don't recall if was here or at NKT someone was talking about green on covers, and it show up on the backcover of the US Hardback Debra and her green holding a glowbasket for Ian who drawing the set up of Teglar Weyr's Star Stones.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20 2010, 10:06 PM   #9
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

I'll reserve the phonecards, please Hans. PM on it's way. Thanks!

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2010, 03:04 AM   #10
Hans
Master Archivist

Consider them reserved, Jube. And an answer to your PM has been sent!