A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

View Poll Results: The final Ninth Pass Novel: How many loose ends?
I want all the plotlines clearly resolved! 19 32.76%
Nothing in life is simple, life goes on - give me loose ends galore and room for doubt! 9 15.52%
I'm a fence sitter. Give me a mixture 30 51.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 2 2005, 10:35 PM   #41
Juri
Inactive

Default Re: The last book of the ninth pass

I don't know if I would want another book. That little unfinished feeling when F'lessan says "There will always be dragons in the skies of Pern" is nicer than any resolve to me. I want to imagine what would end...I wouldn't really like knowing what really happened. It would spoil it-for me. Maybe not you.
Juri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3 2005, 05:44 AM   #42
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman

There's enough things if not for a novel but for another chronicles of Pern style book, there's so much left to see!
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20 2005, 06:06 AM   #43
Myt
Crafter
Senior Apprentice

Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: Something, always something...
Gold Re: The last book of the ninth pass

I know.
Myt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20 2005, 06:27 AM   #44
monkeysrule
Firelizard
Hatchling

Fan of: Monkeys
Now Reading: expensive textbooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith
There's enough things if not for a novel but for another chronicles of Pern style book, there's so much left to see!
Yeah, I'd like to see one of those. However, I'd much rather see a full-lengther that has original ideas with original characters set on Pern but written by a different author (think Dragonchoice) than more Anne/Todd books. There are times when an author runs out of ideas and should either give up or give other people the wheel.
monkeysrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20 2005, 04:49 PM   #45
Myt
Crafter
Senior Apprentice

Re: The last book of the ninth pass

Isn't that what Anne did when she let Todd write books?
Old Dec 20 2005, 05:46 PM   #46
monkeysrule
Firelizard
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myt
Isn't that what Anne did when she let Todd write books?
Yeah, but Todd's...erm...not that good.
Old Dec 20 2005, 07:16 PM   #47
Spaceman Spiff
Inactive

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysrule
Yeah, but Todd's...erm...not that good.
Yeah. If the author of a worldwide beloved series can't write anymore, if she plans on keeping it going, hand it over to someone who's QUALIFIED to produce quality books, not just because they're family.
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20 2005, 07:28 PM   #48
Myt
Crafter
Senior Apprentice

Is anyone QUALIFIED???
Old Dec 22 2005, 10:40 PM   #49
monkeysrule
Firelizard
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myt
Is anyone QUALIFIED???
Yes.
Old Dec 30 2005, 12:49 AM   #50
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

I think that the person who should be able to say who is qualified should be the person who wrote it. If Anne felt that her son was good enough to write a Pern story then who are we to disagree.
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31 2005, 03:30 AM   #51
Myt
Crafter
Senior Apprentice

true.
Old Jan 1 2006, 09:03 PM   #52
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Maelin
I think that the person who should be able to say who is qualified should be the person who wrote it. If Anne felt that her son was good enough to write a Pern story then who are we to disagree.
She has the right to say it (as well as legally allow him to publish and not others), but as readers we are still free to evaluate his writing skills for ourselves.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2 2006, 12:00 AM   #53
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
Yeah. If the author of a worldwide beloved series can't write anymore, if she plans on keeping it going, hand it over to someone who's QUALIFIED to produce quality books, not just because they're family.
I meant that we should not say who is, or who is not qualified. That should be left to Anne. Whether we like it or not is our own decision.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5 2006, 07:17 AM   #54
Spaceman Spiff
Inactive

Now Reading: Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Maelin
I meant that we should not say who is, or who is not qualified. That should be left to Anne. Whether we like it or not is our own decision.
That may be true for final judgement, but Pern would be much better off if she looked around for other dedicated authors who could write and WANTED to write Pern rather than doing it for the money.
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5 2006, 12:10 PM   #55
Jayru
Inactive

Location: A cozy house in the dales of Debyshire, in little old England
Fan of: The Pern Saga
Now Reading: No time to read, am writing!

I'd hate to say what I would want from a final ninth pass novel - resolution to some of the plot lines would nice. Toric get his comupance would nice to.

As for F'lar and Lessa - I would hate to see them die. Ride off into the sunset - that I could live with
Jayru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2 2009, 10:47 AM   #56
Emeraldrose
Holder
Drudge

Fan of: Dragonriders Series
Now Reading: The Great Hunt Robert Jordan

While I want some plotlines resolved. Toric's storyline re his meeting with the female abominator,the settlement of the western continent....perhaps some look to the future of families etc but would hate for Lessa, F'lar, Jaxom, F'nor or other characters to die

Would limit Anne too much no one dies, not another sky falling scenario, everyone happy lol

Agree that Anne can choose who is allowed to "inherit Pern" but disagree that Todd is best choice...Think her daughter is also supposed to write in this world. Would love to see some of her work for comparison....I am not that fond of Todd's work ---case of hopes dashed....
Emeraldrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5 2009, 04:25 PM   #57
Blue Rider 16
Dylanist

Fan of: The Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: All The Weyrs of Pern

I like the idea of plotlines left unresolved, with a lot left to the imagination, but somehow making it work nicely--actually Skies of Pern isn't that bad by those standards--it just suffers because of some of the continuity and dating errors.
Old Jul 6 2009, 02:02 AM   #58
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

I'll go ahead and admit it- my 1st reaction to this question was to scream, "I don't want Canth to die!"

Oookay, moving on. . . I'll discuss this rationally. ***Wish me luck***

Like others, I want everything to get resolved happily so the characters can live to be old men and women. Tall order, I know. Now the end of Thread is in sight, maybe F'lar can actually die naturally of old age (what a concept!)Not that I want to see it, and personally I don't know that Anne does either-she created and has 'known' F'lar for several decades now, so just writing him out could be difficult. It would be for me, though I decidedly have problems with killing characters.

That having been said, I am not of the opinion that the end of Thread means the end of Pern. There are challenges of other sorts to be faced, and they don't necessarily fall from the sky.There can still be plotlines and stories on Pern, _______ McCaffrey just has to be creative.
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6 2009, 04:47 PM   #59
DragonDance
Inactive

As far as Todd's skill, one doesn't need to be the manager or a chef to know when one is being fed poop. I think Anne passed it on to her son to keep it in the family, and maybe because as a mother, she couldn't evaluate his "skills" objectively. Maybe she should have taken her boy in hand: "No! No! **swat** Watch whers don't fight Thread! You're grounded!" But...that's another topic for another day.

I would love to see:
1: Jaxom make a mistake. The bigger the better.
2: Settlement of the desert island. There could be some interesting resources there: minerals, subspecies of firelizards, etc.
3: Revelation to Toric how he's been screwed. I don't think he's really that bad---is he really any more greedy than the other lords, the Oldtimers, or some crafters?---but I think the shock might kill him!
4: F'lessan's Golanth learns to fly with telekinesis, but is legitimately beaten by another bronze for Zaranth. Tai learns to deal.
5: Confirmation that Thread is, in fact, gone forever in a way even common Pernese will understand.
6: A strong voice against the radical cultural changes AIVAS technology brings who ISN'T an insane and violent Abominator.

I would hate to see:
1: No one dies. Many main characters are 70 or older. Many do dangerous things. C'mon!
2: Tai cheats her way out of the Brekke dilemma.
3: Another celestial danger threaten Pern.
4: Another plague.

There's a perverse part of me that thinks Anne should throw us a curve ball and give Lessa Alzhiemer's or something. Kidding!
DragonDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6 2009, 10:12 PM   #60
Old Hippie
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: Mutineer's Moon

I'll take a crack at this for the 9th Pass:
A. Toric gets caught doing something so stupid (and bad) that he becomes only the second Lord Holder to get dropped on an island and his son takes over. (I liked it when he got his dad so mad he kicked the door edge and hurt his little toesie )
B. Next story starts 25 years AFTER (as I really don't want another Roberton episode )

And because of the AVAIS files:
1. A Master Holder, Master Craftsman and a Master Dragonrider elected every 3 years to form a new type of goverment representing each group
2. Dragonriders disband the wyers and form a new Dragonrider hall in the south.
3. Runners form a new Postal Crafthall aligned with the Dragonrider hall
4. No combustion engines allow on the surface (truely a "Green" society)
5. (though some will say "NO WAY!) A Terra fleet ship arrives to remove the stray planet so that the planet can be setup for a colony, only to find.....

Sorry it's long but there's still good stuff in that stuff

Last edited by Old Hippie; Jul 6 2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: missed a letter
Old Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6 2009, 10:29 PM   #61
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Quote:
There's a perverse part of me that thinks Anne should throw us a curve ball and give Lessa Alzhiemer's or something. Kidding!
Actually, this is the part that I've kinda been afraid to mention. But since ThreaZd is ending-like it or not- the characters and the stories will need new conflicts and challenges to face, and right up there in the "Top 10 most likely issues" that are to face are age and. . .

Disability.

It's only "perverse" for the first. . . oh 48 hours or so. After that, you get to watch a human being learn to survive and thrive with limitations. Quite a fascinating study in human nature, actually. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It's similiar to losing a dragon (still losing a part of yourself, quite literally), and some make it through, and some don't.

I want to see how the Pernese and their culture handle it. And there's alot to handle there. The president in the 1930-'s, FDR, was paralyzed- he had post-polio- and still he led the US through at least one war and most of the Great Depression. Yet there are no photos of him that show the "cripple" he was. Interesting. . . Was he afraid of disability? Probably not, but the public was.

On Earth, we like to say that we've moved beyond that, and in many ways we have. But what about Pern? They don't have nearly the level of technology, but they havfe the belief that everyone can contribute something, and deserves a chance. I think (and this is just my personal hypothesis) that when faced with the disability ofc someone, they would get that person the supports they need to be successful.

So, Alzheimer's and a dragonrider might be rough- honestly. But spinal injuries could happen, as could a lot other things. How do they cope? What if F'nor had lost the use of his arm when he got slashed? That doesn't affect leadership abilities, by the way. It might make an interesting story.

Just my $2
Old Jul 6 2009, 11:08 PM   #62
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

I would like to see the last thread flown by all the dragonriders. I would also like to see Jaxom letting Lessa and F'lar know that he went into the future and saw that the planet we diverted. I would like to see F'lessen's hold be the first dragonhold, but not the last.

I think that some things should be left up in the air. Torric for one, have him still trying to get more than what he already has. Have some of the northern holders fight among themselves over land and what place the dragonriders have.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11 2009, 03:32 PM   #63
Blue Rider 16
Dylanist

Fan of: The Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: All The Weyrs of Pern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post

I want to see how the Pernese and their culture handle it. And there's alot to handle there. The president in the 1930-'s, FDR, was paralyzed- he had post-polio- and still he led the US through at least one war and most of the Great Depression. Yet there are no photos of him that show the "cripple" he was. Interesting. . . Was he afraid of disability? Probably not, but the public was.

On Earth, we like to say that we've moved beyond that, and in many ways we have. But what about Pern? They don't have nearly the level of technology, but they havfe the belief that everyone can contribute something, and deserves a chance. I think (and this is just my personal hypothesis) that when faced with the disability ofc someone, they would get that person the supports they need to be successful.
I think we've already seen how the average Pernese handles disability in Renegades of Pern. Does anyone remember Brare? Injured, lost his foot...and relegated to a cave for the rest of his life with the outcasts because he's not worth the effort. Admittedly, After might be a different story, but only once Pernese really realise they don't need to be militiant anymore--a hard thing for them. Even in Skies of Pern, the Dragonriders decide to remain "on alert". I mean come on, these guys and gals deserve a break, don't you think?
Old Jul 11 2009, 09:08 PM   #64
Old Hippie
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: Mutineer's Moon

As a bye-line: remember that comets still come in from time to time from way out yonder. It would be interesting to have a young rider (just a Blue) who sits and listens to his grandsire's stories from his grandsire: of the "old Days" of the wyres. As he is taking his turn on the sky-watch program he spies a big comet with a really strange misty tail coming in from space. As everyone knows the stray planet is history.........
Well, just a thought.
Old Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21 2009, 02:31 AM   #65
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rider 16 View Post
I think we've already seen how the average Pernese handles disability in Renegades of Pern. Does anyone remember Brare? Injured, lost his foot...and relegated to a cave for the rest of his life with the outcasts because he's not worth the effort. Admittedly, After might be a different story, but only once Pernese really realise they don't need to be militiant anymore--a hard thing for them. Even in Skies of Pern, the Dragonriders decide to remain "on alert". I mean come on, these guys and gals deserve a break, don't you think?
Nah. . . break? How silly

Poor Brare and his story's not too positive, is it? Then there's MasterHealer Oldive, who's not 'average', he's above it. Literally, at times.

But, I totally agree with you. The Pernese' being so "rank obsessed" IS potentially problematic; it could go (and some would argue, has already gone) into a completely unfair hierarchy- where the rankers take all, and the losers are the one relegated to caves. So the obvious answer is- no more hierarchy. But really, how will things work if there isn't one?

'Sides, Old Hippie wants to make Thread fall again. Ought to be exciting, that.
Old Jul 21 2009, 06:28 PM   #66
DragonDance
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith View Post

I think the style would be jarring, but it would make a more tightly-written and organized finale than the writing of Skies of Pern.
DragonDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7 2009, 05:53 AM   #67
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

Do remember that Anne's writing one more with the working title of "After the Fall".

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7 2009, 08:00 AM   #68
Samsara
Inactive

Now Reading: Restoree
2cent Re: The last book of the ninth pass

I would like to see F'lar live to see the end of Thread. After everything he has done for Pern, it seems to me a fair reward that he should live to see his greatest wish fulfilled, and then yes, a quiet, peaceful death with Mnementh and Lessa at his side. I want to know exactly what happens to the Dragons, and I agree with Old Hippie - I always imagined them forming some kind of craft hall, and slotting back into Pernese life that way. I think though, that some of the dragons would still live in the weyrs, I cant imagine the weyrs being totally abandoned....

As for Todd's writing, he's no Anne, but I wouldnt want to see Pern in the hands of a non Mccaffrey either... I like Dragonsblood though, it's my favourite of all the books he has written so far! I am also a little over the whole plague thing... but at least it wasnt another human plague... And Weyrlady - I totally agree with you - dont kill Canth! (I always had a soft spot for him too!)
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7 2009, 10:57 PM   #69
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

****Canth the magic dragon lives by the sea. And frolics in the autumn mists in a land called Honalee. . . ******:-) ;-)
Old Sep 8 2009, 06:35 AM   #70
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

I hear it as "Path the magic dragon...."

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

Old Sep 9 2009, 04:12 AM   #71
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
Post Re: The last book of the ninth pass

Ways for the Weyr dragons and the suport staff can fit into Pern.
Jobs for them. Perhaps a way to training to help make the transction more smoother, way for the ones who want to live in a Weyr can still suport themself after the pass.
Quote:
I would like to see F'lar live to see the end of Thread. After everything he has done for Pern, it seems to me a fair reward that he should live to see his greatest wish fulfilled, and then yes, a quiet, peaceful death with Mnementh and Lessa at his side.
I want to know exactly what the are going to do.

Just a few I may pop up with a few more.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10 2009, 03:12 AM   #72
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

Okay I'll put my 2cents in:

*Jaxom doesn't need to tell the weyrleaders what happen - just get Menolly to write a song about it. "Did he or didn't he do it?" type of thing like the Question Song.
*Something definitely needs to be done with Toric and it's got to be INTERESTING enough for us to go "Arrh, that's what's happened to him?"
*F'lar and Lessa get their wish and open a hold up for themselves.
*It was a bit of an open-ender for F'lessan when he looked up to Lytol and thought "hmm.. other possibilities in my job description". And I don't mean as a "gay" person because he loves his ladies too much, especially Tai - lots of possibilities there.
*Same thing goes for Brekke - gets off her rear end and feels a lot better for it. Perhaps like Lytol, finds other alternative means to jobs - perhaps as a Masterhealer - after having lost her dragon. As a result, improves relationship with F'nor.
*Can't you tell I'm a romantic at heart?
*More on Readis, T'gellan and the dolphins.

AND.....

There's so many plotbunnies, regarding perhaps an inter-related story thrown in with either brainships or a "Nimisha" storyline where there's a convenient black hole opening up in the Pernese sector....

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10 2009, 12:41 PM   #73
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

My (for what it's worth {about }) cooked up before Anne anointed Todd.

Before shutting down, Aivas completed an original program (that judged stability of population and tech level) and sent a message back towards Central Worlds.

Message picked up just after Sassinak has saved the government, who want the hero to be well out of sight and not a rallying point. So Sassinak & Lunzie on the Zaid Dyan are sent to evaluate this long lost colony.

Their report of the telepathic linkages sparks incredulity in some quarters, so an expert has to be sent to check that it isn't due to some weird crystaline formations in the brains caused by the somewhat different chemicals in the vegetation etc. Who gets sent? Killashandra of course; now very ancient. She gets to do the journey by Brainship and at last meets Helva.

In other quarters the same report raises hopes that some of the population might be recruited to F.T.& T. so The Rowan also heads in that direction.

I suppose it MIGHT be possible to work in Herris Serano and Godmother Felicity as well?

C. S. Lewis

Old Sep 10 2009, 09:10 PM   #74
Sandi

P'ter, you brightened a very dull day with that one! But don't forget you'll need to throw in something about a marauding Mil ship that suddenly becomes encased in a Farmer's bubble.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11 2009, 05:33 AM   #75
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

They could have done with a farmers' bubble from day one: but then we wouldn't have had the dragons.

I suppose to be fair we should also work in Joat, the Twins and Acorna.

C. S. Lewis

Old Sep 11 2009, 05:20 PM   #76
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain

They did have Joat and I do Jack/Jill of all Trades, in DD!

So perhaps they could being it back cross-crafthing, holding, weyrholding with a some folks who know a bit of all differnt things.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11 2009, 07:23 PM   #77
Weyrbrat
Inactive

Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Misc

While I'm not entirely sure if I want this to happen, or even if it could, it would be an interesting twist if some kind of massive disaster destroyed a large part of Pern. Something like, off the top of my head, the Red Planet crashing into Pern, or the Yokohamura (sorry if wrong spelling) nuked the northern continent.

Of course, a few dragon and firelizard eggs would have to survive, potentially leading to new people starting the dragonriders again without the traditions of the old.
Weyrbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12 2009, 08:26 AM   #78
Kizz
Inactive

Fan of: DragonSinger
Now Reading: Uncle Tom's Cabin

That sounds so bratty, Weyrbrat. ;-)

I'll have to admit, I've always wanted someone "back home" to know (since "The Rescue", I believe it was called) that there were more survivors.
Kizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13 2009, 01:56 AM   #79
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

Kizz, the story you're thinking of is called "Rescue Run". Now that would be a story in itself as the survivors that were picked up at the time, may have come up in the galaxy as the "founders" of a company using numbweed - the gems they brought also with them, would have paid for the "start-up" of said company. One or several of the descendants comes back and catches up with the descendants of the original colony as they may have problems with their crops (on other world/s) and need to restart the business again. Plus it does mention in one of the latter 9th pass books where F'lessan wonders why there's no further mention of Stev Kimmer and his family at Weyr Hold or in AIVAS. So I'd be happy to read something along those lines.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13 2009, 10:09 AM   #80
Shalyn
Inactive

Location: Loo-a-vull / Luhvuhl / Loo-ih-ville / Loo-a-ville / Looeyville / Lewisville Oh, Heck. Kentuckiana.
Fan of: Dragonflight

I'm sorry, but something the size of the Red Star crashing into Pern would not allow for any survivors.

Red Star crashes into Pern, rocks fall, everyone dies. No survivors.

The Yoko, on the other hand...possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrbrat View Post
While I'm not entirely sure if I want this to happen, or even if it could, it would be an interesting twist if some kind of massive disaster destroyed a large part of Pern. Something like, off the top of my head, the Red Planet crashing into Pern, or the Yokohamura (sorry if wrong spelling) nuked the northern continent.

Of course, a few dragon and firelizard eggs would have to survive, potentially leading to new people starting the dragonriders again without the traditions of the old.
Shalyn is offline   Reply With Quote