A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old May 2 2009, 07:14 AM   #201
Lanen
Kaelar of Kolmar

Fan of: The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Winds of Change and Shaping
Default Re: Books you just couldn't finish!

Ah, now, the romance poets have a place, gentlemen. (I'm an English major as well) Not on my bookshelves, but they do have a place. They were the celebs of their day, after all. They must have hit the zeitgeist reasonably well to have been so insanely popular. Guess they were the equivalent of the soppier type of soap opera, personified in their writing and their persons. Byron never did it for me, but the mere fact of their popularity reflects something important about their time. Let's face it, they were the romance writers of their day, and Mills & Boon still make a pretty penny.

Ya know, ED, I realise it's but I'd be interested to hear what you DO like to read!
Old May 2 2009, 09:15 AM   #202
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanen View Post
Ah, now, the romance poets have a place, gentlemen. (I'm an English major as well) Not on my bookshelves, but they do have a place. They were the celebs of their day, after all. They must have hit the zeitgeist reasonably well to have been so insanely popular. Guess they were the equivalent of the soppier type of soap opera, personified in their writing and their persons. Byron never did it for me, but the mere fact of their popularity reflects something important about their time. Let's face it, they were the romance writers of their day, and Mills & Boon still make a pretty penny.

Ya know, ED, I realise it's but I'd be interested to hear what you DO like to read!
Amongst the "great authors" the one that stands out best for entertainment is Shakespeare. There's a lot of timeless stuff there whether Shakespeare was the original author, the adapter, or one of several authors (the amusement of determining which I'll leave to those scholars interested in the matter).

Most of the other "great authors" I actually have a respect for weren't writing for entertainment. Those that wrote for entertainment I find almost uniformly pretentious, florid, and time-wasting. I've spent too many years in occupations where compact, precise communications is paramount and I appreciate authors that convey ideas and images economically. To my mind it takes more talent to do that than spill the ink for a thousand words where twenty would do. (My feelings on art are similar, where I've more respect for an artist who produces a painting that could be mistaken for a photograph, over an artist that splatters paint on a canvas and gives it a pretentious name. Mike Whelan is a favorite of mine.) I haven't read much for strictly entertainment since I left college many years ago.

When I do read for entertainment in the science fiction genre my tastes vary a bit. I've kept over the years volumes including Anne McCaffrey, Elizabeth Moon, C.J. Cherryh, David Weber, Steve White, Alan Dean Foster, Harry Harrison, and Brian Daley. Not sure if I kept David Brin after all, and only Starship Troopers remains of Heinlein. Foster's short-story anthologies are a prize. I've read a heck of a lot more--from these authors and others--but if I didn't keep it, I ultimately didn't feel I'd bother re-reading it.

With fantasy I've kept even fewer volumes, and the list is primarily Tolkien and Eddings. I haven't made it through the wife's collections of Feist and Kurtz as yet. Freisner's "Chicks in Chainmail" short story anthologies are unabashed belly laughs. Isolated volumes of Bradley and Lackey are on the shelf.

With contemporary fiction, things are even more sparse, with the only things I've kept being Clancy and a few Crichton volumes. Most contemporary things don't impress me because (as I believe Anareth put it) they involve characters who really don't have real problems in their lives or they are completely lacking in realism (especially things that touch on the military--although I can tell you where even Clancy gets it wrong, but he at least tries very hard and is respectful).

With graphic novels/comics only Wolverine and Firefly/Serenity are on the shelves, although I'll read Frank Miller's stuff (Dark Knight, Sin City, 300) and I remember the Watchmen.

Poetry I prefer in music, not on paper. Neil Peart of Rush is almost incomparable in this regard, and the topic of great lyricists is too big of a digression for this post.

Beyond that you'll find the shelves very heavy with histories, a couple dozen biographies (Washington, T.R., Edison, Disney and Admirals Moffett, J.M. Reeves, E.J. King, Nimitz, Spruance and Halsey prominent among them), and a massive collection pertaining to military matters ranging from design histories for warships and aircraft to treatises on naval gunnery, aerial electronic warfare, missile systems, tactics, strategy, planning, logistics, etc, etc, etc... which constitute 90%+ of my reading. There's also a smattering of volumes on sciences such as astronomy, the U.S. space program, anthropology and archaeology. A new Pern book is one of the few purely entertaining volumes I'll read (almost) immediately.

There are probably 500 volumes (giving this room a brief visual survey, I might be underestimating...) stashed away all over this house, and I've probably given more books away than the average American family reads in their lifetime (a factoid that's just, frankly, sad).

Last edited by ElectricDragon; May 6 2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: addition
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2009, 09:19 AM   #203
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'ter View Post
I agree aboout the 'romance' poets.

Like athletes, if they can't perform without enhancing drugs, then their performances are worth anal output.
ROTFLMAO! Same reason I got tired of Foster's Spellsinger books. That series finally broke the spell of reading everything he put out.
Old May 5 2009, 04:30 PM   #204
Weyrbrat
Inactive

Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Misc

After going through Romeo and Juliet for something like the 5th time for some English coursework, I started to wonder what is exactly so romantic about it. Nearly all their lines to each aren't about getting to know each other, but just ceaseless love metaphors.

And in the end, the plot simply goes: R sees J, falls in love ON SIGHT - R talks to J, just saying how much he loves her etc - R goes to her balcony, repeats love metaphors, the decide to get married - They get married - They sleep together - They get separated - They die

Am I missing something, or is that as superficial as a relationship can get?
Weyrbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2009, 07:20 PM   #205
Lanen
Kaelar of Kolmar

Big Grin Re: Books you just couldn't finish!

Er, Weyrbrat, I'd say you might just be missing something... Try reading the lines out loud, like you mean them! Yes, R&J does start out with the love affair being very superficial, that's part of the point - both are very young, and Romeo is in love with being in love (as witness how fast he gets over what's her name, Rosalind I think, his first love interest). However, things get more serious fast, as he realises that Juliet is the daughter of his family's sworn enemies. Now, some would say that just adds spice to the romance, and that Romeo is still a bit of an idiot, but - honestly, try reading the lines aloud. Shakespeare is terrible on the page. He wasn't writing a novel, he was writing a play. Or try a movie adaptation - though personally I'd recommend Shakespeare in Love, which is a bunch of silliness with no historical accuracy, but does make an effort to get across the spirit of the piece and the love story is a direct parallel to R&J. Great fun movie in any case!

Thanks for your sample reading list, ED. Very interesting, seeing what different people get out of books, and their reasons for reading them! I'm the diametric opposite of you - I love writers who love language and like to play with it. Dickens, like Shakespeare, generally deserves to be read aloud, you get so much more of the acerbic sarcasm and the gentle wit. I expect you can't stand Jane Austen, as her miniature portraits are drawn in a leisurely way and very little actually happens in her books! Thank goodness there are so many authors out there, to keep us all amused in our several ways.
Old May 6 2009, 12:11 AM   #206
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Quote:

Er, Weyrbrat, I'd say you might just be missing something... Try reading the lines out loud, like you mean them! Yes, R&J does start out with the love affair being very superficial, that's part of the point - both are very young, and Romeo is in love with being in love (as witness how fast he gets over what's her name, Rosalind I think, his first love interest). However, things get more serious fast, as he realises that Juliet is the daughter of his family's sworn enemies. Now, some would say that just adds spice to the romance, and that Romeo is still a bit of an idiot, but - honestly, try reading the lines aloud. Shakespeare is terrible on the page. He wasn't writing a novel, he was writing a play. Or try a movie adaptation - though personally I'd recommend Shakespeare in Love, which is a bunch of silliness with no historical accuracy, but does make an effort to get across the spirit of the piece and the love story is a direct parallel to R&J. Great fun movie in any case!

Thanks for your sample reading list, ED. Very interesting, seeing what different people get out of books, and their reasons for reading them! I'm the diametric opposite of you - I love writers who love language and like to play with it. Dickens, like Shakespeare, generally deserves to be read aloud, you get so much more of the acerbic sarcasm and the gentle wit. I expect you can't stand Jane Austen, as her miniature portraits are drawn in a leisurely way and very little actually happens in her books! Thank goodness there are so many authors out there, to keep us all amused in our several ways.
Concur that Weyrbrat might be missing the point about R&J, which I've always taken to be a study in onion-layers of social stupidity, steeped in The Bard's usual wittiness.

Shakespeare In Love was a kick, and definitely in the spirit of the eponymous author's work.

I like Ken Branaugh's Shakespeare films except for Hamlet. I think he went too far staging it anachronistically. Mel Gibson's Hamlet film was more enjoyable. Loved the scene in the library. "Words!"

--

Actually, I've found the films adapted from Austen quite amusing (to my wife's delight) and might actually like her work if I ever found the time to read it. I have nothing against a good turn of a phrase, or a leisurely read. The films of her work put me in mind of The Bard's "Much Ado About Nothing" in one regard, and Montgomery's Avonlea (yes, I've actually read that) on the other. Some authors just cross my threshold of patience and some don't. After all, I put up with Tolkien (In the House of Tom Bombadil excepted). And as if Shakespeare didn't bend on a few flighty phrases...! So I wouldn't make an assumption of our tastes being diametrically opposed, just very different most of the time.

I also have nothing against Steinbeck, Stoker, M. Shelley or Poe. I've even tolerated Hemingway.

But Milton, Melville, Mallory, and Hawthorne...

As for the poets...like I said before, I'll take my poetry as lyrics. Neil Peart, Sue Ennis and the Wilson sisters, Billy Joel, Al Bouchard and Buck Dharma, Bob Rivers, Weird Al, Enya, Simone Simons, Amy Lee, Gordon Lightfoot, Ian Anderson, Thomas Youngblood & Roy Khan, Liv Kristine, Plant & Page; Loreena McKennitt, Mike Rutherford, Tuomas Holopainen, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler, JY Young, Prince, Sting, Vanessa Carlton, Sharon den Adel, Gibbons, Hill & Beard.

Last edited by ElectricDragon; May 6 2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: correction
Old May 6 2009, 06:16 AM   #207
Lanen
Kaelar of Kolmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricDragon View Post
I also have nothing against Steinbeck, Stoker, M. Shelley or Poe. I've even tolerated Hemingway.

But Milton, Melville, Mallory, and Hawthorne...
Bram Stoker, Mary Shelley, Poe when I can face the misery, all fine, but Hemingway does my head in. I just want to take the books and beat him with them (rather late for that, ok, but the temptation is there!).

Milton was easier when I was younger and training my ear, because again, he works best when read aloud. Wouldn't read him for fun, but he was the master of using iambic pentameter really effectively without destroying the sense of the line (well, most of the time). His rhythms are, occasionally, sublime, but he has a touch of the Wagners about him - forgive the paraphrase, I can't find the quote - you get 15 minutes of astonishing beauty surrounded by hours of tedium!

Melville, Mallory, Hawthorne - gotta agree with you on those folk!
Old May 10 2009, 04:24 AM   #208
ghost8772

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files

Quote:
I've read Brin, so it's not a matter of difficulty. I just didn't find Donaldson interesting. I did find him florid and long-winded. And I've noted that any number of authors I do enjoy are not necessarily enjoyed by others--including McCaffrey.

If you want difficult reading, try the inner workings of analog fire control computers on for size sometime, or aeronautical design principles as they pertain to fighter aircraft performance, or divining underlining tactical doctrine from fragmentary manuals and various disjointed and unrelated reports, memoirs and texts--that kind of thing constitutes 90% of my reading time. Forgive me if I don't stipulate a need to be "special" to appreciate it.
thank you but no. I had more than my fill of RPM's and operations manuals. my reading has been locked onto "pleasure" since the day I got out of the Navy. locked, pinned, beaten with a hammer to NEVER get moved off that setting.

A tale of two cities I could not get the story going in my head (required reading in high school english........ failed that year for some reason....) Tried getting into the three musketeers, couldn't do it. Moby Dick, and the Death of Arthur both stopped me cold. I guess I despise the really long winded stuff.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2009, 09:22 PM   #209
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost8772 View Post
thank you but no. I had more than my fill of RPM's and operations manuals. my reading has been locked onto "pleasure" since the day I got out of the Navy. locked, pinned, beaten with a hammer to NEVER get moved off that setting.

A tale of two cities I could not get the story going in my head (required reading in high school english........ failed that year for some reason....) Tried getting into the three musketeers, couldn't do it. Moby Dick, and the Death of Arthur both stopped me cold. I guess I despise the really long winded stuff.
I didn't mind the Three Musketeers.
Old May 11 2009, 11:11 PM   #210
Sandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost8772 View Post

I'm with you. Several of the years I spent in the Pentagon (and Forrestal Building) were much occupied with typing (with a little researching and editing thrown in) Air Force regs and manuals. The other years were spent with computers everyone here now would laugh at if they even believed such monstrosities ever existed outside of old movies. I now read strictly for my own personal enjoyment and reserve the right to decide for myself what I like and don't like without worrying overmuch how others choose to judge me on those choices.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2009, 01:53 PM   #211
Lanen
Kaelar of Kolmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
reserve the right to decide for myself what I like and don't like without worrying overmuch how others choose to judge me on those choices.
Too right, Sandy. Too many years here editing a dry and dusty astronomy journal, including the maths which I didn't understand but forced myself to be able to edit correctly. Not as bad as you and ED, but bad enough.

There again, I used to have to defend my reading choices a lot harder before I got published. Now I can call it 'research' and everybody believes me!
Old May 14 2009, 11:21 PM   #212
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Quote:
Too right, Sandy. Too many years here editing a dry and dusty astronomy journal, including the maths which I didn't understand but forced myself to be able to edit correctly. Not as bad as you and ED, but bad enough.

There again, I used to have to defend my reading choices a lot harder before I got published. Now I can call it 'research' and everybody believes me!
You shouldn't need to defend your reading choices. And what business is it of anyone to criticize them? I haven't given a damn what anyone thinks of my reading choices since I attained my majority, and only a handful of people had any say in them prior to that.

I'm happy to swap opinions on forums like this one, but if someone came out and said "I disapprove of your taste in reading material" I wouldn't think much of them. I wouldn't consider changing what I do for an instant to satisfy them. So I might not like the Romantic Poets, and you might hold the opposite opinion. I'm not going to tell you stop reading them; just don't expect me to start.
Old May 15 2009, 07:26 PM   #213
Lanen
Kaelar of Kolmar

Relax, ED! Gosh, you sound like an old pal of mine at about age 20... that's a compliment, by the way. Kinda sideyways, but a compliment.

You don't know me, but I am a reasonably feisty woman ( nearly said 'old lady', but not quite yet!) and, though I appreciate the lesson in grand disdain for the opinions of others, I think I have found my own way of managing such things. It was difficult to convince my very conventional family and professors that fantasy fiction was worth reading, in the 1970s, but I managed it.

The trickiest bit is the glazed looks that come over 'normal' people's faces these days when I tell them what I write. The "I'm a writer" bit is fine, they get all interested: it's when you get to the detail that they zone out. "I write Fantasy novels. You know - dragons. For teens." (Though I just write 'em, it's the publisher who has classified them young adult, not me.)

Mind you, in this post-JK Rowling era, it's a bit easier to make a stab at respectability. She did, after all, make a shed-load of money! The poor dears can understand that, even if they can't get their heads around things like: 'I think mythologically; The Epic of Gilgamesh is still in print after, oh, 4000 years; you can say things in the fantasy medium that are impossible to convey elegantly in mainstream prose', etc., etc.
Old May 15 2009, 10:52 PM   #214
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Quote:
Relax, ED! Gosh, you sound like an old pal of mine at about age 20... that's a compliment, by the way. Kinda sideyways, but a compliment.

You don't know me, but I am a reasonably feisty woman ( nearly said 'old lady', but not quite yet!) and, though I appreciate the lesson in grand disdain for the opinions of others, I think I have found my own way of managing such things. It was difficult to convince my very conventional family and professors that fantasy fiction was worth reading, in the 1970s, but I managed it.

The trickiest bit is the glazed looks that come over 'normal' people's faces these days when I tell them what I write. The "I'm a writer" bit is fine, they get all interested: it's when you get to the detail that they zone out. "I write Fantasy novels. You know - dragons. For teens." (Though I just write 'em, it's the publisher who has classified them young adult, not me.)

Mind you, in this post-JK Rowling era, it's a bit easier to make a stab at respectability. She did, after all, make a shed-load of money! The poor dears can understand that, even if they can't get their heads around things like: 'I think mythologically; The Epic of Gilgamesh is still in print after, oh, 4000 years; you can say things in the fantasy medium that are impossible to convey elegantly in mainstream prose', etc., etc.
I never meant to imply that an ol--er--"stately" lady would be unable to handle the matter. More just an expression of disgust/outrage for people that feel compelled to ram others into their own narrow box. Puts me too much in mind of Bible-thumpers and Taliban. So consider it an expression of solidarity and mutual exasperation with "normal" (read: "virtually mindless and totally without mental diversions") people.

OT--now I'm wondering if my daughter has read your work.
Old May 16 2009, 05:32 PM   #215
Lanen
Kaelar of Kolmar

In which case, I thank you for the gesture of solidarity (can't be reproduced here, it's a family board!). I don't get so exasperated with 'normal' people as I used to. A result of age? More likely a selection effect. I don't see many 'normal' people, really, apart from glancing blows in shops, on the bus, etc. And this is cosmopolitan southern Scotland - you don't get so many Bible thumpers here that you have to avoid them.

And we know what happens to Taleban extremists in Glasgow! Oddly, since that Glaswegian baggage handler kicked the burning terrorist in the family jewels on national television, we hardly ever have problems in that area...

Sorry, are we getting political? Hmm, best check with Hans...
Old May 17 2009, 07:18 AM   #216
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

nah, you're stating facts, right? Not propagating kicking any minority or majority that deserve itat times where it hurts most, right? Like, if you were doing that, we would be in serious shortage of feet, right? I mean, you can only use one foot per person... so the one half of the population that is angry with the other half is in trouble even before we start kicking, right?

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2009, 11:00 AM   #217
ElectricDragon
Inactive

Quote:

And we know what happens to Taleban extremists in Glasgow! Oddly, since that Glaswegian baggage handler kicked the burning terrorist in the family jewels on national television, we hardly ever have problems in that area...
A typically practical Scots solution that ought to be universally and repeatedly applied until the message is received loud and clear.
Old May 17 2009, 08:04 PM   #218
Lanen
Kaelar of Kolmar

Hans -

ED - I dunno that it could be adopted universally, but in at least that one case it seems to have got the point across. In fact it sounds really vicious - Glasgow's a tough town! - but lemme tell you, that guy practically became a national hero. Though as Hans has stated, attempting to apply such a solution across the board would lead to an awful lot of hopping!
Old May 18 2009, 07:21 AM   #219
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

And shoe cleaning afterwards.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20 2009, 02:34 PM   #220
Corinth
Inactive

Fan of: The Harperhall Trilogy
Now Reading: All the Weyrs of Pern

I was never able to get through The Two Towers. It just kind of dragged on for me. I was 10 or 11 at the time, though, so maybe I should try again.

The latter two books in R.A. Salvatore's Sellswords Triology have really given me a lot of trouble. It took several starts and stops to get through Promise of the Lich King, and I'm finding Road of the Patriarch to be a continuation of the same boring writing. I normally like Salvatore's work, but in the last few years, his writing has really gone downhill.

I'll probably be yelled at for this, but the first time I picked up The White Dragon, I had to put it down. I think Jaxom thought with his pants a little bit too much in that book, and I was 12 at the time, so it really didn't appeal to me. Not that stories centered around romance generally appeal to me now, either. I really regret that I didn't read past the scene with Corana before because the end of the book is among my favorite parts of the Dragonriders of Pern series. I went back and finally finished it a year ago, though, so I did get through it.
Corinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23 2009, 03:10 PM   #221
AnnMarie
Dragonrider
Weyrwoman

Fan of: Pern and Talent
Now Reading: The Name of the Rose

Mom picked up a trilogy for Meriah at a flea market. "The Tower Series", I forget the author. Neither Meriah OR I could get into them. She found the imagry too frightening for her tastes, and I found the writing too rediculous for it's intended audience (8-12) and too slogging for me.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31 2009, 02:44 AM   #222
Dernok
Inactive

Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern

Quote:
Manstein. Military giant. Moral pygmy.
Yep.

Quote:
I really loathe to say that given just how damn good of a general the man was, but if he'd been a bit less of a stiff-necked Deutschland right-or-wrong Prussian pinhead, the German resistance might have actually done away with Hitler.
One of the astounding things he wrote is that the OKW did not only made plans (Which they unfortunately didn't pursue) to remove Hitler from power in the 30s but that they were totally liable to do so, too. Utterly contradictorily to the usual "I had to follow orders."-excuse.

What nearly made me throw up was that he claimed - well after the war - one of the reasons Germany "had to" invade Poland was the Polands "mistreatment of the Jews"...
Dernok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1 2009, 06:03 AM   #223
bats
Inactive

I just couldn't finish this Book Murder at La-Mut by Raymond E Feist,,which
surprised me as his books hace and are still exciting reading it wa soooooo!
boring I really tried hoping it would get better,,I gave up
bats
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5 2009, 04:01 PM   #224
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

Going back to Shakespeare: have you ever seen Orson Welles' version of Macbeth?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6 2009, 10:18 AM   #225
sjslack
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: as usual

I have another two to add to 'Enduring Love'.

'Adam Bede' and 'The Turn of the Screw'. Both of which I was meant to read for university. Huzzah for Sparknotes. >.>
sjslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6 2009, 06:54 PM   #226
FlameCat
Dragonrider
Candidate

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Grimm's Fairy Tales

This isn't a case of not-finishing, but I find that I sometimes take ages to finish certain books because i'm hooked but something tense/horrible/sad is happening and it makes me feel a little ill, i put the book down, but then i have to pick it up again. this happens until that bit in the book has passed.. a bit weird.

on another note, although i love eddings, feist, tolkien mccaffrey etc.. i find terry brooks rather dry and tome-like to read.

I'm also feeling slightly daunted as i've just started robert jorden's wheel of time series O.o i read book 1 and that felt of triology length in itself, it was so epic.. am steeling myself to begin book 2 sometime within the next year as i have a slight book queue..
FlameCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19 2009, 01:59 AM   #227
bats
Inactive

I really forgot the book called The Entity,when I got to the part where
THE SHAPE was outside this window after a Female ,,my cat Salidin jumped though the top part of the window,,need I say what happen I think the
cat and the book almost went into Orbit,,that was first and the last time I EVER read that kind of book
bats
bats is offline   Reply With Quote