A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

Old May 22 2009, 12:52 AM   #1
Larith
Darbul

Fan of: Dragonseye
Now Reading: All Pern books up to Masterharper
Default Reading The Books In Timeline Order?

I must admit I'm left with a rather bittersweet taste now that I've finished all of Anne's books and am onto the four books by Todd that I currently own. I can't really figure out what to expect since his version of Pern is not so great but hopefully if I come in with low expectations the books may turn out better for me.

Anyway I'll probably pick up the books again next year around this time again and instead I'd like to read the books in timeline order and like a list of the books as they happen in Pern's history. Please include Todd's books as well.
Larith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 05:05 AM   #2
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: Reading The Books In Timeline Order?

Hans has a great site that has all the info you're after.

Start with Dragonsdawn and Chronicles of Pern: First Fall then Todd's books then Moreta/Nerilka's Story then hit the 9th pass books. Haven't got all the titles on hand but that's a rough idea to start with.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Larith, you're out of order You should have read Todd's books earlier in the series

Seriously. I think you did the right thing. His books are so differnt I personally would recommend to read them totally seperate.

I think the link on Anne's website still links to my old reading order document. I've since made newer ince and here's a link to the latest version:

Click here to download Pern reading order 1.6

In this one only Dragonheart needs to be inserted between Dragon Harper and Dragonsblood.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 01:48 AM   #4
ghost8772

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by jube View Post
Hans has a great site that has all the info you're after.

Start with Dragonsdawn and Chronicles of Pern: First Fall then Todd's books then Moreta/Nerilka's Story then hit the 9th pass books. Haven't got all the titles on hand but that's a rough idea to start with.
think you have to add Dragonseye (red star rising) before Todd's books, otherwise it looks great until the 9th pass stuff.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote