A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

View Poll Results: What color?
Gold 42 29.58%
Bronze 19 13.38%
Brown 14 9.86%
Blue 24 16.90%
Green 24 16.90%
...White? 19 13.38%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 30 2008, 02:20 AM   #161
T'mynn
Dragon Rider-Yaaahhooo!

Fan of: All books
Now Reading: Chronicles of Pern
Default Re: If You Were to Impress...

hehehe. I prefer the brown dragon anyway. Prima donnas of the male and female kinds give me a headache.
T'mynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30 2008, 08:55 PM   #162
Blue Rider 16
Dylanist

Fan of: The Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: All The Weyrs of Pern

At first I thought I would want a blue, --and I think I still do, though I'm not as sure. Based on personality, preferences, etc. Bronze would be closer to what I would be, and most quizzes that I find put me as Bronze. Ha! It's ironic: bronze or blue the opposite ends of the male dragon spectrum, and I can't decide between them. Which makes think that the Weyr axiom of "the dragon knows best" is probably a good one. Makes it so choice is taken out of the hands of mere humans.
Old Jan 1 2009, 01:14 PM   #163
Maleus
Soul-Eaters

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: Green Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Default Re : If You Were to Impress...

I finally got the occasion to try the quizz on quizilla.com. Actually, there were 3 different quizz on this website on Pernese dragon color. So I just took the best rated (What color dragon would you ride (Pern)). And I am very glad to see I have been answered I would be a Brown

And the comment is quite good too, that's me a lot:
"You would ride a brown dragon. [...] You are reliable, and don't really do anything wild. You are easygoing, but you can sometimes have a hot temper. [...]"

Brown it is then
Maleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28 2009, 04:51 AM   #164
DragonDance
Welladay Whale

Quiz puts me at brown for a hard-working, dependable personality with a short fuse. Which is pretty accurate. Myself, I'd prefer a blue. Not only is the color lovely, but they seem the most, well, balanced dragon as far as skillsets and physique. I'd love to traverse Pern on Search.

As a female, I'd prolly be a green. I'm independent and bossy enough for a Gold, and like to help others, but I'd hate to be 'on' all the time--I'm a socially private person, self-contained and quiet. Not Weyrleader material.

Now, a blue Weyringmaster would be a perfect fit!
DragonDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3 2009, 09:31 AM   #165
Maleus
Soul-Eaters

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: Green Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Default Re : If You Were to Impress...

Blue Weyrlingmaster, insteresting choice! Is it common to see blueriders at this post? I can't remember if there is a tendency to pick a certain type of rider for training newby weyrlings
Maleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10 2009, 12:41 PM   #166
Blue Rider 16
Dylanist

Actually, it's usually a bronze or brownrider because the dragonets obey those colours as seniors. However, as far as I know, any colour can be Weyrlingmaster though usually they have a lot of experience first. C'gan, rider of blue Tagath was Weyrlingmaster I believe.
Old Feb 19 2009, 10:19 PM   #167
ElectricDragon
Weyrlingmaster

Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.

Okay, this is getting monotonous. Yet another quiz, and always the same result:

click here
Search Quizilla Search GO
What color Pern dragon would you ride (Now with mechanical correctness!)

Created by Cavatica

Tagged:
dragonrider

14 other people got this result! That's 6%
View all results Take another quiz!
Your Result

You're a bronzerider. A bit more testosterone-ridden than your average Joe, and possibly a little vain, you're a go get 'em kinda guy, preferring to meet your problems head-on than sit around waiting for a solution to present itself. This doesn't have to mean that you're a jerk; on the contrary, you're the kind of man other men want to emulate. Your abilities as a problem-solver and your willingness to cope directly with the many challenges you face--Threadfall, intense scrutiny from your superiors and your subordinates, and unpredictable women, among other things--make you perfect fodder for leadership. Chances are good you'll spend at least a little time as someone's Wingsecond or Wingleader: a loyal, principled man worthy of others' trust and respect. And should you attain the rank of Weyrleader someday, you'll be in a position to realize your full potential: where a weaker man would crack, you will thrive, albeit with very little sleep. Saving the world isn't easy--but then again, neither is being such a ladies' man. A dragonrider's work is never done!

The Gods of Responsibility have it in for me, even in the realm of fantasy...

Oh well, the Law of Gravity says the apple won't fall far from the tree.
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16 2009, 09:11 PM   #168
calenlily
Rocksquat

Fan of: Lessa/F'lar fangirl
Now Reading: Harry Potter a l'ecole des sorciers

Taken four quizzes now: two say gold, one brown, and one blue. I think I'd most likely be a goldrider; I don't seek authority, but it has a tendency to find me, because I seem to be good at leading and I'm too responsible and get too frustrated with incompetence and inefficiency. Plus I've never been a blend into the crowd kind of person.

Oddly enough, I'd be just as happy with a green as a gold.

My favorite quiz result I've gotten: You're a goldrider. Chances are pretty good you've got a knack for administration and a preference for order; though you're not necessarily pushy, you're very likely a control freak. This is a good thing, since you're the one responsible for the smooth management of daily Weyr affairs. If you're the Senior Weyrwoman, your duties include designating a Headwoman, determining who gets fostered to whom, maintaining good political relationships with the Holds and Crafts beholden to you, training your junior weyrwomen, etc. Beyond the tedium of daily bureaucracy and governance, you're also expected to spend a few months out of every Turn or so on the scalding Hatching Grounds, sweating yourself dehydrated and getting really familiar with needlepoint. The good news: You're not very likely to be horribly killed in Threadfall. The bad news: You're a glorified stay-at-home-mom, expected to stay back and mind the nest while the boys are out saving the world. But that's really okay with you--you're the patient type--and anyway, YOU get to play with flamethrowers! Though all the credit will go to the Weyrleader, you know that behind every good man is a woman with a good whip.
calenlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20 2009, 05:54 PM   #169
hippiechyck
Threadbait

Fan of: Pern..Harper Hall Trilogy
Now Reading: Dragonsdawn

according to the quiz, i was left on the sand thata's because there's no RED dragons
hippiechyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30 2009, 02:13 PM   #170
IceStar
Muskie

Fan of: Dragonriders of Pern
Now Reading: anything I can get my hands on
Green Re: If You Were to Impress...

I'd probably Impress green. I mean, everyone can't get a gold, can they? Besides greens are cuter and they chew firestone, something that'd be useful when the boys from my old school start annoying me again
IceStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2009, 09:14 AM   #171
vyon

Fan of: Harper Hall

Well, I voted blue, because Frith is blue, and so is my avatar when I pull it off my old computer so that I can post it. Frith being the dragon model that my son gave me when I graduated.

The polls - the first one gave me gold, which is ridiculous, I'll take authority if I absolutely have to, but I'd much rather be second, or support-person. As gold, I'd never be more than a junior queen, and wouldn't want to be senior. The second quiz I took as "male" and got brown, and Cavatica's quiz also gave me brown, which is far more likely than gold if we ignore the sex bit, which never made a lot of sense to me anyway.

So, I guess that gives me Frith as a blue fire-lizard.
vyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1 2009, 02:10 AM   #172
shepherdessdog
Glow

Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon

I voted green because I figure that's my best odds for Impressing, however, I think I'd prefer to ride blue or brown. I tend to get along with males better, and having a male dragon counterpart I think would work really well for me. And I'd only have to get involved in mating flights if I or my dragon REALLY wanted too, not just because my dragon's gone all hormonal.
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28 2009, 07:44 PM   #173
bats

Sorry.... bats doesn't feel any of those Dragons.,,,are for me I would
love something different a real Rebel I say Silver Dragon ,,who will cause a
bit of a worry because he won't like the way the Humans have done to 'his Kind and uses them like Servents wouldn't that be a stir
Bats
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13 2009, 12:50 AM   #174
Almaron
Weyr Harper

Fan of: White Dragon - Yay Ruth!

I voted brown. I would like to be in charge, but it might be a bit presumptive to pick Bronze.

And as much as I would have loved to vote white, Ruth was a one off, the likes of whom will not be seen again. That doesn't mean there won't be dragons as loving and friendly as him, we just haven't seen them (Seriously. How many of the books have dedicated as much time to a random dragon as him?)

EDIT: Did a lot of the Pern dragon quizzes, and the majority was Brown, closely followed by Bronze.

Hmm...why does the forum say that I posted a new post here today?

Last edited by Almaron; Oct 17 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Almaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9 2009, 09:27 PM   #175
WeyrSparrow
Firelizard

Fan of: Dragonflight
Blue Re: If You Were to Impress...

Blue. Nice, small, calm and pretty, with minimal liability attached. Greens are way too emotional, while dealing with a gold sounds like having to keep a 75 foot, highly intelligent version of my cat in line. 24/7.
WeyrSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30 2009, 10:29 AM   #176
cwett
Dragonrider

Fan of: The Rowan
Now Reading: The Renegades of Pern

I chose Gold and was backed up with the results from this quiz http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...nt=dragoncolor
cwett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27 2010, 07:40 PM   #177
mizukitsune
Muskie

Fan of: Masterharper of Pern
Now Reading: The Magicians by Lev Grossman

All the quizzes give me Gold, which is funny because I always fancied myself a bluerider.
mizukitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2010, 06:51 AM   #178
starbuck
Drudge

Fan of: DragonRiders of Pern

Many quizes give me gold or bronze (but girls don't impress bronze), my friends give me gold but I choose green because too many people wish to impress gold, but there are no so much gold dragons )))
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2010, 05:15 PM   #179
JezMiller
Muskie

Fan of: Moreta: Dargonlady of Per
Now Reading: Dragonheart

One test had me as a blue (my own prediction and preference), the other with brown at the top of the list and bronze below. Brown I can just about understand, but a charismatic leader type I ain't. I think the test needs a bit of calibration!
JezMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13 2010, 04:07 PM   #180
LadyDeerskin
Rocksquat

Fan of: Pern,Talents,Shellpeople
Now Reading: All The Weyrs of Pern, The Skies of Pern

I cant help it- of all the dragons, I love Ruth the most. So i would have to go with a white lil brother of his! ^_^

if i couldnt have a white, i would stick with the gold i created many years ago, in a PBM weyr, who was sterile, but the biggest gold on Pern in that time frame. ok, odd, i know, but that was how some of the PBM weyrs were back in the 1970s! <wry grin>. but my Cathriganth is a beautiful girl!
LadyDeerskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31 2010, 10:42 PM   #181
ChiosuBlues
Slither

Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Pegasus in Flight

Gonna go with a Blue, for the obvious or not reasons.
ChiosuBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15 2010, 08:34 AM   #182
KitiKatz
Slither

Fan of: All Pern novels

I chose Blue, but I think I would one of those who are left on the sands. I really don't think any dragon would want to bond with me, I am way too quirky.
KitiKatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22 2010, 06:35 PM   #183
Blue Rider 16
Dylanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitiKatz View Post
I chose Blue, but I think I would one of those who are left on the sands. I really don't think any dragon would want to bond with me, I am way too quirky.
I don't think dragons care too much about quirks. They would probably be adverse to sociopaths, psychopaths, mass murderers, etc. but short of that type of quirk you've probably got about the same chance as anyone else. The key seems to be the high empathy rating.
Old Jan 1 2011, 05:45 PM   #184
KitiKatz
Slither

Fan of: All Pern novels

I see with a child's eye most of the world, it gets me into way too much trouble sometimes.
KitiKatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6 2011, 09:33 PM   #185
Dragon Fan

Fan of: The Smallest Dragonboy
Now Reading: The Rift

Brown, Not flashy, no big ego, but still wants to be at the front of the action.
Old Apr 13 2011, 01:23 PM   #186
Rianne

Fan of: dragon's dawn
Now Reading: Dream Theives

on kaths Quiz I got blue, but on cwetts I got gold as most likely and bronze as least.

Last edited by Rianne; Mar 4 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3 2011, 06:42 AM   #187
Raphy
Glow

Fan of: The Pern Series.
Now Reading: Dragon's Girl

I think I'd be a green rider. Prefer to ride a fighting dragon. I don't think I'd be noble enough for a gold though I'd love one...... sigh..!
Raphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2012, 01:35 AM   #188
Soonerule
Muskie

Fan of: the white dragon
Now Reading: rereading dragonriders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
It's still a matter of interpretation. To me if he were truly all colors, then his hide would be a mottled mess of all colors and not white at all. I see Ruth as generally lacking in color, with faint bits of tints/highlights in places which is what N'ton remarks upon.
White is actually not the absence of color but a perfectly equal mix of all colors. In this image you see the white light entering the prism from the left and exiting on the right:

Soonerule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2012, 06:53 PM   #189
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

Think I'll stick to the blue I chose years ago.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 05:00 PM   #190
Dannette
Journeyman

Fan of: The Ship who Searched
Now Reading: Moreta, Dragonlady of Pern

Went with Gold, if we stick to original gender discrimination, I see myself as someone who can/will lead if there is a need, so prolly mainly a junior queenrider (at least until/unless I am in a position and have learned enough to be senior Ican either lead or follow as needed, but do not see myself as greenrider matrial (for a start I am not the sort to jump into bed until I have known someone for quite some time.)

Take away the gender/colour bar, and I'd choose brown. big enough to help wioth heavy jobs, small enough to be useful in other situations, a good all-rounder I'd imagine.

I took a great deal of quizzes, and here are my results.

Out of 22 "What colour Pern dragon would you Impress" I got at least one for every colour going! So they said I would be a....

Goldrider: 8 results.
Bronzerider: 2
Brownrider: 4
Bluerider:4
Greenrider: 4
Rider of white Ruth (yes, that's what it said) 1

There were 3 "What colour Pern dragon would you be?" I got:

Bronze: 1
Brown: 1
White: 1

No females although I'm a human female? Maybe because I stated in all of them that I do not want children (a choice my fiancee and I both chose.)

Dannette.
Dannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12 2012, 02:49 PM   #191
Bruce
Rocksquat

Fan of: Dragonriders of pern
Now Reading: Anything I can get my hands on

I would choose a white dragon. The White Dragon is how I found about Anne's work in the first place. Now we just need a supply of eggs and plenty of how sand.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12 2012, 02:54 PM   #192
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Get back in the line Bruce!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17 2012, 11:13 PM   #193
Angry Plecostomus
Loo Cow

Fan of: Damia
Now Reading: A Book

Just getting the chance to is enough, doesn't matter which color I end up with.
Angry Plecostomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23 2012, 04:52 AM   #194
Cria
Muskie

Fan of: Crystal Singer trilogy

Well, upon taking a few quizzes, I've gotten the options of a brown, blue, or gold. So apparently, nothing can decide which color I would Impress. I honestly don't know. I don't think I'd be happy with a queen or a bronze, honestly, I don't like the spotlight.
Cria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 09:06 PM   #195
KathrynHawkBond
Slither

Now Reading: Wedding Planning Books

gold
KathrynHawkBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2013, 06:49 PM   #196
Michelle
Glow

Fan of: Pern and Talent series
Now Reading: Lives of the Caesars - Suetonius

I'd want a Blue, with Brown as my second choice.

Most internet quizzes back this up giving me one or the other of the two.

I like Blues, they're small and fast, rather like a Green, but they seem a little more serious and persistent.

Browns are less maneuverable, but I think balance that out by being, I think, very emotionally stable type dragons. I'm quite a fan of stability.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1 2013, 09:22 PM   #197
Zelandeth

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: Working my way through the whole Pern series

Think it would have to be blue for me to be honest. Was back more years ago than I care to think about with one of the 'net based fan fic roleplays that were set out anyway!

Enjoyed that back in the day, just sorry I never have the time now.
Zelandeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19 2013, 03:09 AM   #198
Citrine
Muskie

Fan of: Ruth
Now Reading: Dun lady's jess

I chose gold, not because I'm much of a leader, though I can lead when required, but because though I might WISH I was a flirt, I am definitely more concerned with doing what is right than what feels best. If I was male it would be brown... Just enough leadership to be interesting but less pressure to be perfect. In all honesty though, I pity the gold riders, for their lives are more predictable and constrained by necessity.
Citrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22 2013, 12:10 PM   #199
Kumiho
Muskie

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: White Wing

Blue for me thank you. I don't really have the leadership qualities for any of the larger colors, whites feel like Mary Sues, and greens have way too many stereotypes already attached to them.
Besides, blue is my favorite color.
Kumiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24 2013, 10:46 PM   #200
Cavatica
Selkie

Fan of: Pern, Talents
Now Reading: Just finished: House of Suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
White is actually not the absence of color but a perfectly equal mix of all colors. In this image you see the white light entering the prism from the left and exiting on the right:

This depends on whether you're talking about subtractive or additive color; light and pigment are two different matters.
Cavatica is offline   Reply With Quote