A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café > Café Archives

Old May 3 2009, 11:22 AM   #41
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Yet another move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefermiw View Post
<snip>I'm sure Hans and Edith will come visit sometime when we've settled and we can have a little MoM housewarming.
You bet we will!

This time yes, we CAN and WILL, I promise!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2009, 07:32 PM   #42
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Ane, I'm sure Hans and Edith, will greatly enjoy a visit...I know I sure would. Japan...right in the middle of your move? That trip certainly will be very interesting...but then again you two are always traveling to such lovely and interesting places. I am so jealous, as I have always wanted to go and visit Japan. I so much love old Japan culture and its lovely architecture...not to mention the tea and the FOOD!!! Please...PIC's, Pic's, Pic's...you take such wonderful ones, it will feel like we've all gotten to go along with you.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2 2009, 03:55 PM   #43
Nefermiw
Ballybran Resident

Caterer's Assistant

Fan of: The Crystal Singer series
Now Reading: anything on my eReader

The move went fine, but we've had trouble getting phone and internet to working properly. We didn't have any internet and phone for the first couple of days, and when it started to work it was only for a minute at a time and sometimes even only 20 seconds. I called the technical service at our provider several times and finally today I had someone on the line who actually asked how I had the cables hooked up. It turned out that I didn't need to use the splitter thingy even though that's the standard way of hooking it up. I removed it and the nice guy reset the system an 10 minutes later our phone and internet were both working fine. I really wish I could have known this a week ago, because it's been damn expensive calling my husband in Japan from my cell phone, especially considering that it doesn't cost me to call Japan on the normal phone. Ah well, it's just money and it's working now. All water under the bridge.

I haven't gotten pics of the new house uploaded yet, since I haven't had proper internet. I'm flying to Japan tomorrow, so it will have to wait untill I get back in a weeks time.

It's a very nice house and the cat is very nice and likes to be petted and stroked and scratched behind the ears.
Nefermiw is offline   Reply With Quote