A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Jan 11 2009, 10:48 PM   #81
Rob Reitemeier
Muskie

Fan of: Harper Hall trilogy
Now Reading: dragon flight graphic novel
Default Re: A Collector's Guide to the Works of Anne McCaffrey

Please send me the current info to purchase one of the guides.

Figuring out what is really a first edition is driving me crazy.

I do have many first editions including all three of the Atheneum published books.

I also have one of the cheap street copies of "The Girl who Heard Dragons" Purchased it when Cheap Street was still around...very sad

Looking forward to figuring out the rest of my clutch.

Thanks

Rob
Rob Reitemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6 2009, 10:59 PM   #82
Missy Jo
Darbul

Fan of: The Rowan
Now Reading: Dragon Harper

Oh goodness I haven't even had time to start cataloging them yet. I told Dad I wanted to a couple of months ago, and he turned slightly green at the prospect. haha It'll get done, but it's going to take some time, and with an overly active toddler (I KNEW I shouldn't have made her middle name Rowan!! --but it would have been worse if we'd gone with Damia, which was our other choice I'm afraid...) I just don't have the time, and I'm afraid she'd get into some of the more fragile books and tear them up. I'm going to take some pictures of our oldest books of Anne's so you can see what I inherited. lol I'm going up to my Grandpa's store tomorrow to bring home his 1st edition Dragonriders. I THINK it's the first time all three books were put in one volume, but I'm not exactly sure. It has no bookjacket, and the stories themselves are pretty rough. Quite a few misspellings and such, and the spine has been covered with duct tape. lol (he ran a hardware store, what can I say?) But it's REALLY neat to read THAT book, because I have a much later copy, and the stories are slightly different. Anyway, gonna try to take some pictures of it and a couple of the others so you can see them and give me your opinion on them...if you've ever seen copies like them before. Since Grandpa's gone I can't ask him where he got them, if he would have even remembered by this point. Dad can usually tell me where HIS books come from, but sometimes they forget. lol
Missy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10 2009, 11:16 AM   #83
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too

Missy Jo, this does help with the cataloging, at least you don't have to spend the time writing the titles of the books, just make a check mark.
I totally understand how hectic your life is now with a toddler underfoot. My granddaughter just turned 1 in March and has been walking since she was 10 months old and is an old pro at being underfoot.
Old Jul 21 2009, 04:57 PM   #84
DragonBuddy
Linyaari

Fan of: CS, Freedom, and Pern
Now Reading: Black Horses for the King

I can't wait to receive a copy! I've been a confused about which publisher printed a book first before the others! I'm so glad you made a guide!
DragonBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22 2009, 12:54 AM   #85
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too

I really hope it helps you clear up some confusion. Thank you for your order! I've sent you a PM with details. Thanks again!!!