A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old Feb 10 2005, 04:34 PM   #1
ghyle
Hrruban
Eighth Hrruban Speaker

Fan of: Pern & Freedom
Now Reading: The Umbrella Club / David Brooks
Default sequential art

G'day!

I have just started reading Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise and am loving it. I wonder who else here has read it, and what you think of it.

In addition, I'd like to try and get it on standing order, but there is a four title minimum for those at my local comics store; what other titles would you recommend, and why? I'm not into superheroes, and would prefer high character content, ratther than high plot content.

Finally, what sort of comics would you like to see more of? What would draw you into reading a comic (apart from hot men)?
ghyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12 2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Dragonsqueen
Inactive

Default Re: sequential art

I used to read a lot of comics, but havn't read one in ages, I think I've heard of Strangers in Paradise though~ comics have to have good graphics for me, and be funny, or have an excellent story line, mysterious kind of but not the tipical mystry problems, more like something you usually don't read about
Dragonsqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2005, 05:29 AM   #3
Flinx
Inactive

Default Re: sequential art

I read a lot of comics but almost all of them are superhero, so no help there. If you had asked 10-15 years ago I would have recommended Sandman by Neil Gaiman. The series has finished but the issues have been collected in trade paperbacks.

I've seen Strangers in Paradise but never read any issues.

Here is the link to the officiak Strangers in Paradise website.

Flinx
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote