A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collecting Highlights Archives

Collecting Highlights Archives Past issues of the Collecting Highlights column for Anne McCaffrey Fans. Posts are open for reply, so feel free to add a comment about what you own or would like to!

Old Sep 11 2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too
Default Collecting Highlight (76) – TOP SCIENCE FICTION and TOP FANTASY by Josh Pachter

These two books are anthologies with stories by many of your favorite science fiction writers. In doing this highlight I found out some interesting things that I hadn't been aware of when I originally purchased my copies.

Our dear friend Hans will be interested to know (who am I kidding, he probably does know) that both books were published in Dutch first. Hargreaves doesn’t give much information since his info came from the British editions that mention their existence. There are also German editions that were published but Hargreaves says the German edition of TOP FANTASY was abridged into two paperbacks and doesn’t have Anne’s story in it. In the listing for TOP SCIENCE FICTION it says Anne's story is in the second of two paperbacks issued.

In reading over the dust jacket flaps I find that there was a book called TOP CRIMES available at the time this book was published. So I did some hunting and found there is a listing for TOP HORROR also! Maybe something I’ll have to keep in mind to purchase later on, but I don't see where there is an Anne story in either of these.

Ok, on to the details of the books this highlight is about..........

TOP SCIENCE FICTION was published in 1984 by J M Dent & Sons Ltd, London & Melbourne. This book contains stories selected and introduced by the authors themselves and were compiled and edited by Josh Pachter. ISBN 0-460-04647-0. Jacket illustration is by Graham Potts. Original price UK 8.95. The trade paperback edition was published by J M Dent & Sons in 1985. ISBN 0-460-02425-6 and the original price was UK 2.95. Bookfinder shows varied pricing for the hardcover and paperback editions, from $8-18.

Also on Bookfinder.com I found TOP SCIENCE FICTION listed as published by Littlehampton Book Services in 1984 for a hardcover and the paperback Everyman Ltd in 1985. Neither of these is mentioned in Hargreaves but the ISBN's match the Dent ones exactly.

TOP SCIENCE FICTION contains short stories by –

Brian Aldiss – All the World’s Tears
Isaac Asimov – The Last Question
Alfred Bester - The Men Who Murdered Mohammed
Ben Bova – A Small Kindness
Ray Bradbury – There Will Come Soft Rains
John Brunner – The Totally Rich
L Sprague de Camp – Internal Combustion
Terry Carr – Hop-Friend
Arthur C Clarke – Transit of Earth
Jack Dann – Going Under
Alan Dean Foster – Why Johnny Can’t Speed
Harry Harrison – Rescue Operation
Ursula K LeGuin – Mazes
Fritz Leiber – Endfray of the Ofay
Barry N Malzberg – A Galaxy Called Rome
Anne McCaffrey – The Ship Who Sang
Larry Niven – The Green Marauder
Doris Piserchia – A Typical Day
Frederick Pohl – Day Million
Robert Sliverberg – Capricorn Games
Brian Stableford – The Engineer and the Executioner
A E van Vogt – Film Library
Jack Williamson – The Cosmick Express
Connie Willis – Daisy, in the Sun
Gene Wolfe – In Looking-Glass Castle

Most of us have heard why Anne wrote The Ship Who Sang, but it’s here in print in this book……

“I got the idea for Helva, the ship who sang, in 1958, worked on it in 1959, and finally submitted the story to Bob Mills at The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. It was to become my third published story.

Later, my first royalty check from England read, correcting my English, ‘The Ship Which Sank’, though in terms of Helva my phrase is grammatically correct.

At the time of writing the story, I didn’t realize that it had come from my need to verbalize my grief over the death of my father, (Colonel the Honorable Doctor George Herbert McCaffrey served in three wars, contracting tuberculosis while Chief of the Finance Division for the UN Forces in Korea. He died six months later, in January 1954.)

The story uses emotion as a tool and, now, more than twenty years later, it still evokes a sense of grief in the reader. Each time I read it, I think to myself, ‘Hey, Dad, this one’s for you.’”

I think it’s great to have this introduction in Anne’s words available to read over now and then. And maybe help some of us along the way with our own grief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TOP FANTASY was published in 1985, again by J M Dent & Sons Ltd, London & Melbourne. This book too contains stories selected and introduced by the authors themselves and were compiled and edited by Josh Pachter. ISBN 0-460-04659-4. Jacket illustration is by Thomi Wroblewski. Original price UK 9.50. The trade paperback edition was published by J M Dent & Sons in 1986 with an original price of UK 3.95. ISBN 0-460-02467-1. The current pricing I found on bookfinder.com is $20-30 for a hardcover and $5-10 for the paperback.

TOP FANTASY contains short stories my many of the same authors but also some new ones –

Michael Avallone – The Man Who Walked on Air
J G Ballard – Report on an Unidentified Space Station
Barrington J Bayley – The Ship of Disaster
Michael Bishop - Collaborating
Robert Bloch – The Man Who Collected Poe
Ray Bradbury – The Fog Horn
Marion Zimmer Bradley – The Day of the Butterflies
Ramsey Campbell – The Depths
Terry Carr – Touchstone
Thomas M Disch – Let Us Quickly Hasten to the Gate of Ivory
Horace L Gold – Trouble with Water
Joe L Hensley - Harpist
Tanith Lee – Blue Vase of Ghosts
Ursula K Le Guin – The Wife’s story
Brian Lumley – The House of Cthulhu
John Lutz – The Real Shape of the Coast
Anne McCaffrey – The Smallest Dragonboy
Josh Pachter – Caves in Cliffs
Pamela Sargent – The Broken Hoop
Robert Silverberg – Dancers in the Time-Flux
Nancy Springer – Amends, A Tale of the Sun Kings
Karl Edward Wagner – Sing a Last Song of Valdese
Connie Willis – The Father of the Bride
Gene Wolfe – Kevin Malone

I found out about The Smallest Dragonboy being in this book in the Hargreaves bibliography, same as with Top Science Fiction.

Anne’s introduction to this story is great……

“This story was written at the behest of Roger Elwood, and first appeared in Rand McNally’s Science Fiction Tales in 1973. At the time, I was trying to write a story involving a girl from a seahold, a girl named Menolly, but the yarn wouldn’t write – so I turned to a boy of the Weyrs instead. Keevan, it was, who joggled my arm and asked, please, would I write about him?

For Keevan’s fortitude and courage I drew on my recollections of my younger brother, Kevin, who was afflicted with osteomyelitis at the age of thirteen. Keve spent months in full body casts and braces, showing the valor with which I have imbued my dragonboy.

The story has had great appeal, being reprinted for younger readers and used, in 1978, as the basis for a one-act play n Wisconsin. I have read it aloud to audiences from Liverpool, England to Fairbanks, Alaska.

I don’t know what my brother Kevin thinks of it – but then he’s not a great talker.”

I think it’s great to get these little extra ‘bits’ from Anne about the stories. I try to find as many of her introductions as I can and add those to my collection also.

My copy of TOP FANTASY is signed by Josh, but I have no idea if it’s real or not. I have not found any other signature to compare to. If anyone has his signature please let me know if you are willing to post a picture of it to compare to the one in my book. Thank you!!

Last edited by Becky; Sep 14 2009 at 10:08 AM.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11 2009, 10:26 PM   #2
DragonBuddy
Linyaari

Fan of: CS, Freedom, and Pern
Now Reading: Black Horses for the King
Default Re: Collecting Highlight (76) – TOP SCIENCE FICTION and TOP FANTASY by Josh Pachter

Thanks for the HC! I'm so glad you included the introductions, otherwise I would never been able to read them! They are insightful to Anne's world!
DragonBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11 2009, 11:09 PM   #3
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: Collecting Highlight (76) – TOP SCIENCE FICTION and TOP FANTASY by Josh Pachter

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Although I'm probably not the collector, I like to think I am, it's still interesting to see what is around because there's always something "new" to be found. Can't help you on the siggy though, wish I could but no...

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11 2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Becky
Coelura

Bringing these different items out in the open (so to speak) is one of the reasons for the highlights.
I personally have looked for everything written by Anne, which includes the introductions she's written for books and for stories in anthologies. As I stated I especially like these two because we have in her words why/how the stories came about. The introductions by Anne give a lot of this sort of information.
Old Sep 12 2009, 12:35 AM   #5
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
Thumbs up Re: Collecting Highlight (76) – TOP SCIENCE FICTION and TOP FANTASY by Josh Pachter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Bringing these different items out in the open (so to speak) is one of the reasons for the highlights.
I personally have looked for everything written by Anne, which includes the introductions she's written for books and for stories in anthologies. As I stated I especially like these two because we have in her words why/how the stories came about. The introductions by Anne give a lot of this sort of information.
The image are good! the top one looks like a happy dragon eye to me and the bottom reminds me CS books.

There was a good interduction in GWHD I would have check later, So you are Anne McCaffrey. We could see a glimps into her world.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12 2009, 03:17 AM   #6
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

Has anybody found out anything about the play in Winconsin?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12 2009, 06:10 PM   #7
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Question Re: Collecting Highlight (76) – TOP SCIENCE FICTION and TOP FANTASY by Josh Pachter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'ter View Post
Has anybody found out anything about the play in Winconsin?
Not quite understanding you here P'ter?
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 13 2009, 12:35 AM   #8
~(_'>

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyStar View Post
Not quite understanding you here P'ter?
You need to re-read Becky's post. He is, clearly, asking about the play.
~(_'> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13 2009, 11:05 PM   #9
Becky
Coelura

In Section Eight, Plays, Based on the author's writings - of the Hargreaves bibliography he writes........
"Over time, many of Anne's novels and some of the short stories have been optioned for film or play development. Several fan-oriented productions have occurred but were usually related to science fiction conventions. Anne mentioned one production of The Smallest Dragonboy staged at a Milwaukee SF convention when she was Guest of Honor. Mention was also made of an Australian trio's production of The Smallest Dragonboy. Apparently they took liberties with the story, Anne objected to this, and she never heard from them again. Two productions have been mounted that readed the public at large."

And that's it, nothing more about the plays. The play Dragonsong is mentioned elsewhere in the bibliography, under Section Seven. It is an official adaptation to the stage. I'm guessing that because The Smallest Dragonboy was not a truly sanctioned play but one put on for Anne's benefit that's why it was only mentioned by Hargreaves.
Old Sep 16 2009, 04:25 AM   #10
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Becky, thank you for an interesting and informative Highlight. I MUST find the time to continue doing them! They are so special and valuable to many.

As for the Dutch version. Yes, I know and don't know about them

Top Science Fiction was published by Loeb (HEMA/Loeb - Bruna) but in 1986 (!) not in 1984, and as a paperback and not as a hardcover. It's ISBN is 44-90-100-884 and the stories were translated by Anita C. van de Ven. The Dutch title is "Top SF". It was followed the same year by "Top SF 2", a similar anthology which contained no Anne McCaffrey story.

The first book however, is not exactly the same book as Top Science Fiction! It's contents are:
  1. ASIMOV, Isaac - DE LAATSTE VRAAG (The Last Question, 1956)
  2. BAYLEY, Barrington J. - DE VERKENNING VAN DE RUIMTE (The Exploration of Space, 1972)
  3. BRADBURY, Ray - ER ZULLEN ZACHTE REGENS VALLEN (There Will Come Soft Rains, 1950)
  4. BRODERICK, Damien - REIS NAAR DE AARDE (Passage in Earth, 1979)
  5. BRUNNER, John - DE ALLERRIJKSTEN (The Totally Rich, 1986)
  6. DANN, Jack - TEN ONDER GAAN (Going Under, 1981)
  7. EMSHWILLER, Carol - HET BEGIN VAN HET EINDE (The Start of the End, 1981)
  8. ETCHISON, Dennis - DEADLINE (The Dead Line, 1982)
  9. GOLD, Horace L. - DE MAN MET "ENGLISH" (The Man with English, 1953)
  10. HARRISON, Harry - REDDINGSOPERATIE (Rescue Operation, 1967)
  11. LAFFERTY, R.A. - WORDT VERVOLGD OP DE VOLGENDE STEEN (Continued on Next Rock, 1970)
  12. LEIBER, Fritz - ENDFRAY VAN DE OFAY (Endfray of the Ofay, 1969)
  13. MALZBERG, Barry N. - HET MELKWEGSTELSEL ROME (A Galaxy Called Rome, 1975)
  14. MCCAFFREY, Anne - HET SCHIP DAT ZONG (The Ship Who Sang, 1961)
  15. NIVEN, Larry - DE GROENE PLAAG (The Green Plague, 1986)
  16. NORTON, Andre - ALLES KATJES ZIJN GRAUW (All Cats are Grey, 1975)
  17. PACHTER, Josh - DE JONGEN DIE "MARSMANNETJES" RIEP (The Boy Who Cried "Alien", 1986)
  18. PRONZINI, Bill - EN TOEN GINGEN WE NAAR VENUS (And Then We Went to Venus, 1980)
  19. SILVERBERG, Robert - SPELLETJES VAN DE STEENBOK (Capricorn Games, 1974)
  20. SWANWICK, Michael - WALDEN DRIE (Walden Three, 1981)
  21. WHITE, James - CONTRACHARME(Counterhammer, 1969)
While the second book also contains stories that appear in the original Top Science Fiction:
  1. ALDISS, Brian W. - TRANENDAL (All the World's Tears, 1956)
  2. BISHOP, Michael - CATHADONISCHE ODYSSEE (Cathadonian Odyssey, 1974)
  3. BLOCH, Robert - IK HOUD VAN BLONDJES (I Like Blondes, 1986)
  4. BOVA, Ben - EEN VRIENDELIJK GEBAAR (A Small Kindness, 1983)
  5. BRADLEY, Marion Zimmer - BEWEGINGSVRIJHEID (Elbow Room, 1986)
  6. CAMP, L. Sprague de - OPSCHUDDING IN HET MACDONALDHUIS (Internal Combustion, 1955)
  7. CARR, Terry - DE HUPPENDE VRIEND (Hop-Friend, 1962)
  8. CLARKE, Arthur C. - HET PASSEREN VAN DE AARDE (The Sentinel, 1986)
  9. CORREY, Lee - HET HERSCHEPPEN VAN EVA (Remodelling of Eve, 1986)
  10. DEMING, Richard - DE GEDAANTE VAN DINGEN DIE... (The Shape of Things That Came, 1951
  11. DISCH, Thomas M. - VERANDERLIJKHEID (Mutability, 1978)
  12. FOSTER, Alan Dean - WAAROM JOHNNY NIET OP KAN SCHIETEN (Why Johnny Can't Speed, 1971)
  13. GOULART, Ron - AMNESTIE (Amnesty, 1977)
  14. LEGUIN, Ursula K. - DOOLHOVEN (Mazes, 1975)
  15. HOCH, Edward D. - DIERENTUIN (Zoo, 1958)
  16. MOSKOWITZ, Sam - DE WEG TERUG (The Way Back, 1940)
  17. POSERCHIA, Doris - EEN DAG ALS ALLE ANDERE (A Typical Day, 1974)
  18. POHL, Frederik - MILJOENDAG (Day Million, 1970)
  19. SARGENT, Pamela - KLOONZUSTER (Clone Sister, 1973)
  20. SLESAR, Henry - EXAMENDAG (Examination Day, 1957)
  21. VOGT, A.E. van - FILMOTHEEK (Film Library, 1946)
  22. WILLIAMSON, Jack - DE RUIMTE EXPRESS (The Cosmic Express, 1931)
  23. WOLFE, Gene - SPIEGELKASTEEL (In Looking-Glass Castle, 1980)
  24. ZEBROWSKI, George - HEIDENSE GOD (HeathenGod, 1970)
So, confusion galore and a correction/addition on Hargreaves

As far as my research revealed the Dutch version/translation of Top Fantasy never materialised, which is corroborated by the data to be found on Josh Pachter's own website: http://www.joshpachter.com/bib/bibliography.html
The short story "De Kleinste Drakenjongen" (The Smallest Dragonboy) was later published in another anthology (see booklist in Dutch subforum here).

The Top Fantasy hardcover still isn't present in my Pern Short Story sub-collection, mainly because I haven't been able to find a nicely priced copy (there's a signed one available on eBay for a long time now but for a price I don't want to pay).
I did find and bought the trade paperback version (1985), listed in Hargreaves as H.iii on page 228), which turns out to be the only other edition available since the Dutch doesn't exist and the German doesn't have Anne's story in it.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16 2009, 05:23 AM   #11
Samsara
Dragon Healer

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Restoree
Thumbs up Re: Collecting Highlight (76) – TOP SCIENCE FICTION and TOP FANTASY by Josh Pachter

These items are very interesting! I knew that the character of K'van was inspired by Anne's brother who was ill, but the story behind Helva is new to me. Thanks guys!
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16 2009, 10:37 PM   #12
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Very interesting Highlight Becky...(Nice to see another Hightlight again)seems I will have to go and find these two books as soon as possible...especially the one with the *Helva* story...that was lovely to read, even though I happily knew about this story before this reading...but it will be wonderful to have it actually in one of my *Ship WHo Sang* collection of books.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16 2009, 10:55 PM   #13
Becky
Coelura

I figured you'd know about the Dutch versions, Hans. I know you've Hargreaves too.
Samsara, there is so much to learn when collecting Anne stories, one can never know it all. This forum makes it easy to learn so much than you could on your own.
Maelin, I thought you might already have the book with Ship Who Sang since that is your ultimate favorite Anne story. So I'm very glad that I did this highlight so that you'd find out there is something more for your SWS collection.
Old Sep 17 2009, 12:42 AM   #14
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

2cent Re: Collecting Highlight (76) – TOP SCIENCE FICTION and TOP FANTASY by Josh Pachter

¡Dé la bienvenida detrás a Han! in other words Welcome back Han!

http://forums.srellim.org/showpost.p...8&postcount=10

Nice translation, I use a translator that I found via FireFox and Google to help with the translation.

Your image, reminds of a cross between, CS seeing a buch of crystals and Pern type bamboo, kind greener like the float in DoP.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 17 2009, 03:27 AM   #15
Hans
Master Archivist

Uhm, Ginny, that's not a translation. Dutch is my native language...

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Sep 17 2009, 03:50 AM   #16
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

I think the cover is of a dancer? viewed from above with left leg extended and right leg curled under.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18 2009, 12:25 AM   #17
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'ter View Post
I think the cover is of a dancer? viewed from above with left leg extended and right leg curled under.
Now that I took a second look that what on top, of Hans image thanks for pointing that one out to me.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Sep 21 2009, 10:29 PM   #18
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Becky...
Quote:
Maelin, I thought you might already have the book with Ship Who Sang since that is your ultimate favorite Anne story. So I'm very glad that I did this highlight so that you'd find out there is something more for your SWS collection.

No...I've been looking for other things lately...I hadn't learned about this one yet. I'm hot on the trail of a decent copy though as I write this....thank you for the heads up in this *Highlight*

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22 2009, 01:23 AM   #19
Becky
Coelura

LOL! Glad to be of help.
Old Sep 24 2009, 11:53 PM   #20
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
LOL! Glad to be of help.
The two images also remind me of some glass beads I've got, which I still haven re-found yet. Just a wee bit biger.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
Old Nov 19 2009, 03:10 PM   #21
Hans
Master Archivist

Becky, Josh Pachter wrote in an email to me:

By the way, I found and tried to respond to this webpage, but wasn't able to post. To answer Becky's question: yes, that's my signature!

With "this webpage" he measn THIS webpage, your collecting highlight

Old Nov 19 2009, 09:40 PM   #22
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

Well there you go, learn something new everyday

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19 2009, 11:58 PM   #23
Becky
Coelura

Wow!!! That's awesome!!! I never thought I'd find out if it was authentic or not. Thanks so much for letting me know, Hans! and THANK YOU JOSH!!!
Josh's confirmation of his signature makes the purchase price one super fabulous deal too!
Old Nov 20 2009, 05:28 AM   #24
Hans
Master Archivist

Josh has sent a follow up email with more information:

I can give you a bit more information, Hans, which you're welcome to post. The German edition of TOP SF appeared in three volumes, not two — but the German TOP FANTASY did come in two volumes, as Becky noted. There was also a one-volume Argentinian edition of TOP SF, and a two-volume Finnish edition

The first of my TOP anthology was TOP CRIME (not TOP CRIMES), and there was in fact also a TOP HORROR, although McCaffrey wasn't represented in either of those.

Only TOP CRIME had a US edition. All four titles had German editions, all but TOP FANTASY appeared in Dutch, and TOP HORROR was only released in Holland and Germany.

I remember Anne McCaffrey as being extremely friendly and helpful as I put together TOP SF and TOP FANTASY. Some of the writers were real prima donnas, but she was a pleasure to work with.

I think I have a cover picture of the Finnish edition. I have been searching for that copy for a few years now for my friendand fellow collector Linda (Lady Maelin).
The Argentinian version is totally new to me and I'll be searching for it!

Old Nov 21 2009, 02:35 PM   #25
Becky
Coelura

Nice information to have! Thanks for adding it to the highlight, Hans!