A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café > Café Archives

Old Aug 12 2011, 03:57 PM   #161
Nina
Talent

Finder

Fan of: The Talent series
Now Reading: almost a book a day
Default Re: Dragonsong - The Musical

Hi Sara,

I was wondering the same thing, and then I just realized that I have not even thanked you for sending the materials and the DVD with the play - it arrived just in time for my son's birthday, and it was fun to see him unpack it and smile. Thank you!

We saw the play together, and he was both smiling, recognizing the story and fitgiting since he was reminded of his own participation in plays where he always took the roles of lighting or electricity rather than being on stage. He imagined himself on the stage in the actors' place and could not sit still. He liked the dragons and asked why I was not buying all of them :-) Well, I do not think that all of them are available, I said. Please let me know!

My son went ahead and read the Menolly books again and this time in English.

Right now I am using the postcard as a book mark in a very thick book that I am reading, so I am reminded of the play every day.

Happy summer greetings!

The Rowan is my favourite!

"The name rowan is believed to derive from the Norse runa - "a charm". It was often planted outside houses to ward off witches. On May Day a spray of rowan leaves was hung over doors to repel evil, and wells dressed with rowan to keep witches away. The rowan, or mountain ash, is found commonly in Scotland, sometimes clinging to a rock face."
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12 2011, 03:57 PM   #162
Nina
Talent

Finder

Fan of: The Talent series
Now Reading: almost a book a day

Hi Sara,

I was wondering the same thing, and then I just realized that I have not even thanked you for sending the materials and the DVD with the play - it arrived just in time for my son's birthday, and it was fun to see him unpack it and smile. Thank you!

We saw the play together, and he was both smiling, recognizing the story and fitgiting since he was reminded of his own participation in plays where he always took the roles of lighting or electricity rather than being on stage. He imagined himself on the stage in the actors' place and could not sit still. He liked the dragons and asked why I was not buying all of them :-) Well, I do not think that all of them are available, I said. Please let me know!

My son went ahead and read the Menolly books again and this time in English.

Right now I am using the postcard as a book mark in a very thick book that I am reading, so I am reminded of the play every day.

Happy summer greetings!

The Rowan is my favourite!

"The name rowan is believed to derive from the Norse runa - "a charm". It was often planted outside houses to ward off witches. On May Day a spray of rowan leaves was hung over doors to repel evil, and wells dressed with rowan to keep witches away. The rowan, or mountain ash, is found commonly in Scotland, sometimes clinging to a rock face."
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16 2011, 07:36 PM   #163
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
Red face Re: Dragonsong - The Musical

I hope to be able to bring the musical to here, a big project, but we do have a group that take what is on stage and let the folks see what going on, and tell them the action that going on.

I wish I could explain this better, I haven't been on one yet. http://www.peskypeople.co.uk/2011/09...ility-experts/

Its use a behind the background tour of what is going to be put before hand, and a audio discription, a discription of what is going on during the play, This is going to have to be on my long term wish list
http://artsmarketing.org/resources/a...io-description More on audio description
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17 2011, 06:14 AM   #164
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

Are the fire lizards still for sale? Or have they all been bought?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote