A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Mar 31 2011, 11:11 AM   #1
TKHooper
Muskie

Fan of: The Pern Series
Now Reading: Among the Gently Mad
Default Deluxe Edition

I would love to have copies of all of Anne's books in a Deluxe Edition. Is there one? The hardbacks that are standard issue aren't as lovely as i would like. I guess I want a book as attractive as the story inside the covers.
TKHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31 2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Samsara
Dragon Healer

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Restoree
Default Re: Deluxe Edition

Many of Anne's books are published in special, limited or deluxe editions (Easton Press for example). You should check out the 'Collecting Highlights' in the Book Collectors Forum here, it's a good place to start. There is also a great book called "Anne McCaffrey: 40 Years of Publishing", by Mathew Hargreaves, which lists most of the editions and is a signed, limited collectable in own right.

Last edited by Samsara; Apr 1 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31 2011, 01:48 PM   #3
TKHooper
Muskie

Fan of: The Pern Series
Now Reading: Among the Gently Mad

Thank you for responding to my post. I look forward to finding the editions you have mentioned. I'm very excited.
TKHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31 2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Samsara
Dragon Healer

You are welcome! There are quite a few collectors here who know a lot about all the various editions that have been published, so many of them will know more then I do. I only collect Pern so I don't know an awful lot about collecting her other series', but you have come to the right place if you want to find out! Good luck with your collection!

Last edited by Samsara; Apr 1 2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old Apr 2 2011, 04:43 PM   #5
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
2cent Re: Deluxe Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKHooper View Post
I would love to have copies of all of Anne's books in a Deluxe Edition. Is there one? The hardbacks that are standard issue aren't as lovely as i would like. I guess I want a book as attractive as the story inside the covers.
And sometime its easier on the eyes. For some of the hardbacks I have are from the Science Fiction Book Club (R) editions.
http://www.sfbc.com/pages/product/au...on=QUICKSEARCH

Pern and more, hope it helps Welcome to MoM!
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2 2011, 06:10 PM   #6
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

TKHooper...Just know that not all of Anne's books are available in the *Easton Press* editions...but the covers are very beautiful. I have one of these, the Dragonflight edition...because it was signed, very beautiful and I didn't know at the time it wasn't a
T R U E, AMC collectible.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3 2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Paladin of Souls (Bujold)

As Maelin said, only some of the books have been published by Easton Press. They are beautiful, but run upwards of $100 on the used market. (And you can't buy new direct from Easton unless you want ALL the books they publish for SF; they work as a subscription service).

Also look for the editions printed by Brandywyne Press. They've done six or seven of her books, mostly the romances but also Moreta.
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3 2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Samsara
Dragon Healer

The Brandywne editions are beautiful. I have the Moreta one. I dont actually have any of the Easton Press editions, but they are on my list.