A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Exhibit Hall

Exhibit Hall For the exhibition of artistic creations by our members, from poetry and prose to drawings, photography, and digital art.

Old Sep 29 2008, 10:56 PM   #1
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow
Default Kibbie's Dragoncon report

Dragoncon Report

Day 1

Wednesday we left at 8:00 am. we drove,and drove and drove some more. In the van we played bingo and a card game. When we finely stopped we found a hotel that had an open pool, So that night we got to go swimming. I had chicken for dinner.

Day 2

Thursday we got in to Atlanta to early get check in to our hotel, so we when to the Atlanta Zoo. At the zoo we saw two panda bears and a clouded leopards. we also saw a bunch of naked mole rats in their new exhibit. Next we saw a king cobber and an alligator. We also saw some mer cats, and orangutans. We saw a ring-tailed lemur and a group of otters.
After the zoo we when and checked in at the Red Roof Inn . Then we went, and got are badges at the Hyatt.

Day 3

Friday We had free time, because nothing started untile 1:00, so, we went to the dealers room. I bought a stuffed fairy cat and a badge for parking permit at Hogwarts. I got a book in the exhibit room. I also bought a dragon claw necklace with a power stone in it. Mom bought a shoulder dragon. We then went to the welcome party in the Weyrfest room. After the party we got some lunch and just talked, then we went and played werewolf*.

*see addendum

Day 4

Saturday I was a rainbow fairy in the Dragoncon parade and got to throw candy. I participated in the Weryrfest costume contest. I got third place and won a book. Then I went to a panel called from Page to Screen, which was about how books become movies & good and bad book movies. Then we played more Werewolf.

Day 5

Sunday I went to a talk about Harry Potter. Neville Longbottum was there. He is a nice guy, he made everyone laugh. Latter we went to the exhibition hall to get my dad a knife & me tee shrift . that night I participated in the maskeriad contest. I got honorable mention. Then I went to the yule ball, But I left early and played more Werewolf.
DAY 6

Monday I got to see Robert Picardo. He is very funny. Next we went shopping again . I got some fairy art.Then I went to the post mortem party where we got to make some suggestions for next year. I also went to the dead dragon party where we got to make some moregood guest sujustions for next year. The thing we did was play a last game of Werewolf.

DAY 7

Tuesday on the way home we drove,and drove and drove some more. We sleep most of the time. we did play bingo a couple of times.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29 2008, 10:59 PM   #2
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Default Re: Kibbie's Dragoncon report

Kibbie will post her addendum probably tomorrow. If you notice something that she did or should had done please post it and let her know. Thanks.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

Old Sep 30 2008, 04:10 AM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Thanks for the report, Kibbie. Very nice! Have you been able to see the video Sokar made of the Weyrfest Costume Contest? It os wonderful and we get to see you as the fairy. I was very glad you liked your prize so much!

The fact you enjoyed yourself hugely comes across very well in your report, so well done

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30 2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Sandi

Kibbie, I'm glad you had fun! Your report is well organized and concise but there are a few errors. If you are doing this report as a school project you may want to go over it again. The errors aren't serious but there are several of them and since you've obviously put a lot of work into it already, I'm sure you will want to make this report as good as you possibly can. Look it over and see if you can see what I mean. If you like, I'll be glad to help you any way I can.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30 2008, 04:05 PM   #5
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Kibby, it was lovely to read about your trip to Dragoncon. I am very glad that you enjoyed yourself so much and that you actually were one of the winners in the costume contest...congratulations.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30 2008, 05:30 PM   #6
Allen

Fan of: The Pern Series
Now Reading: Robin Hobb's Shaman's Crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Kibbie, I'm glad you had fun! Your report is well organized and concise but there are a few errors. If you are doing this report as a school project you may want to go over it again. The errors aren't serious but there are several of them and since you've obviously put a lot of work into it already, I'm sure you will want to make this report as good as you possibly can. Look it over and see if you can see what I mean. If you like, I'll be glad to help you any way I can.
I didn't want to be the first to say this same thing. It's obvious that you used a program with spell check to write this, but spell check will only show the correct spelling for the word you misspell. Like Sandi, I'd be more than willing to help you correct your report. Don't let it bother you; a lot of the mistakes you made are made by adults, too. I even spotted one error that I often do.

But over all, it sounds like you had a good time. I'm jealous. I didn't get to go...... again.
Old Sep 30 2008, 05:46 PM   #7
Sandi

I've never been to a Con and I really enjoy learning about them from those who have. I didn't mean to sound critical. If I did, consider it a Grandmotherly trait. I honestly only intended to try to be helpful.
Old Sep 30 2008, 11:03 PM   #8
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

This is a school assignment and I do want you to let her know what misstakes she has mede. HOPEFULLY she will learn from them. I think it is good for her other people oppinions on these things.

Old Sep 30 2008, 11:18 PM   #9
Sandi

I posted here before I made one of my infrequent visits to the other place. I think proof-reading matters were pretty well covered there. I still think Kibbie did a fine job as far as organizing her thoughts and presenting them in an orderly way.